Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    Looking at just tonight's games, RIT will clinch a 1st round bye with a win, a RoMo loss/tie, and an Army loss/tie.

They will also clinch a first round bye with a tie, RoMo loss, and Army loss.
    And now I reach for the Excedrin...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      And now I reach for the Excedrin...
      Deep breath's
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
        Deep breath's
        The worst thing is I’m the AHC winter for tonight. So I’m going to have to write about the standings impact after tonight.

I knew I picked a bad time to stop drinking...
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

The worst thing is I’m the AHC winter for tonight. So I’m going to have to write about the standings impact after tonight.

I knew I picked a bad time to stop drinking...
          Argh, use the whole bottle!
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I did say we're not going anywhere with this goaltending.

Brownie makes an incredible effort to give RIT the lead late and then Short gives up two unacceptable goals in less than a minute. Just not good enough.
            RIT

Comment

Just saw replay. It was Brown making contact with the goaltender's glove. Good wash. Hard to win when you allow a 19% of shots in...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Here's the overhead video of the denied goal, for people who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWza4DQCqhs

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithpucks View Post
                  Here's the overhead video of the denied goal, for people who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWza4DQCqhs
                  It wasn't really a whack, what it was, Brown is in the crease and his glove really prevents the goaltender from coming up to make the Save. I don't think Erik meant to he was trying to deflect the puck , but from how the rule been explained to me that's the correct call even if the ref did a poor job of explaining it. If there is any contact that prevents the goaltender from making the Save they are going to wash the goal. I think the rule needs a tweaking, but it is the rule we are living with for now...

Not to mention he is in the blue as the puck comes towards the net, another rule I hate, but...
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    It wasn't really a whack, what it was, Brown is in the crease and his glove really prevents the goaltender from coming up to make the Save. I don't think Erik meant to he was trying to deflect the puck , but from how the rule been explained to me that's the correct call even if the ref did a poor job of explaining it. If there is any contact that prevents the goaltender from making the Save they are going to wash the goal. I think the rule needs a tweaking, but it is the rule we are living with for now...

Not to mention he is in the blue as the puck comes towards the net, another rule I hate, but...
                    All the closet RIT fans down here at West Point (maybe one or two besides me) thought that RIT ties the game. Even Hurst tweeted that the game was tied 4-4. Halfway to my car I check the score and see the game is a Final with RIT losing 4-3. Geez.

On another note, how RIT dropped a game to Sacred Heart last week is mind boggling. Army pushed them all over the ice, the Pioneers had no defense, and all their shots were from way outside. Nothing right up front. Any good goalie could stop perimeter shots all night. Easy shutout for Army.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

A final note, as Komey mentioned, do we really want a bye if it means we have to play Air Force in Colorado?

And about tomorrow, does Liam get a start?
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                        A final note, as Komey mentioned, do we really want a bye if it means we have to play Air Force in Colorado
                        Yes, because the way this season has gone for RIT, you do NOT want to give yourselves more chances to lose.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Yes, because the way this season has gone for RIT, you do NOT want to give yourselves more chances to lose.
                          Well then, we need an Army loss and at least an RIT tie tomorrow night . Or If Army ties then RIT needs a win.. An Army win tomorrow night and It doesn’t matter what RIT does. RIT needs to at least finish tied with Army to get the bye as RIT holds the tiebreaker by sweeping Army earlier in the season.. so it comes down to the final regular season game.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            Well then, we need an Army loss and at least an RIT tie tomorrow night . Or If Army ties then RIT needs a win.. An Army win tomorrow night and It doesn’t matter what RIT does. RIT needs to at least finish tied with Army to get the bye as RIT holds the tiebreaker by sweeping Army earlier in the season.. so it comes down to the final regular season game.
                            An Air Force win leapfrogs them into third place, which also solves the problem.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              Hate to sound like a broken record, but I did say we're not going anywhere with this goaltending.

Brownie makes an incredible effort to give RIT the lead late and then Short gives up two unacceptable goals in less than a minute. Just not good enough.
                              To be fair, Brubacher must have thought Jack Riley had a force shield around him, because he didn't get within two feet of Riley the whole time Riley had the puck skating to the front of the net.

This is way I say soft defensive play has been RIT's biggest problem.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post

It was a clear no goal. I don't want to watch a sport where they allow a goal like that. He clearly interfered with the goaltender's ability to make the save inside the crease. Any contact that the goaltender initiated was while Brown was still inside of his crease.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Drackett tomorrow. Short didn't make the saves, and got caught swimming on the GTG.
                                Last edited by jflory81; 02-24-2018, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X