Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

USA loses to Slovenia. Ouch.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      With a goaltender who played for the Mercyhurst Lakers back in the day.
      Scott Biggar
      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        But the OAR lost to the Slovaks in regulation, so ...

I was looking at Zapolski's stats and he was in net when 'Hurst beat RIT 5-4 in OT in the AHA semifinals in 2009.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          Just turned on the TV, showing the US Slovenia game, US up by 1, woohoo! Oh wait!
          Last edited by blazer777; 02-15-2018, 05:20 AM.
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            Extra games to get ready for the conference tournament and potentially NCAA tournament should always be welcome. And who knows, they might even win those games.
            If I had seen this last week, I probably would’ve scoffed. Now I won’t be too optimistic, as it’s a non-conference game, but at least there’s no scoffing.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
              See, this is the part I don't get. They didn't die for a flag. Or for an anthem. They fought for our country. And it's only been in the last decade or two that the pre-game anthem tradition has been explicitly tied to the military, at least in most venues. When the tradition started, it had nothing to do with servicepeople AFAIK.

And most of those who died didn't do so to "preserve our freedom". Any particular war may or may not have been a noble cause, but our freedom hasn't been at serious risk in a very long, long time.

Powers &8^]
              You're probably just appearing obstinate to get others riled up, so I will just say this one last thing then pretend I'm in Frozen, too.
              The flag and the anthem are symbols of what the troops are fighting for. Yes, they are just symbols. I would challenge you to ask any WWII veteran how they feel about the flag and the anthem let me know what they say. Hint... you're underestimating those symbols' importance to those folks. I'm done. Back to hockey.

Two teams that previously struggled mightily in January come into this weekend on 3 game winning streaks. Nothing's easy about this series for either side.

I agree about the goaltending. Despite the recent winning, the wildcard still remains our men in net. Short may be the guy for now, but not because he's setting the AHC on fire. There still is definitely not a clear starter.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                You're probably just appearing obstinate to get others riled up, so I will just say this one last thing then pretend I'm in Frozen, too.
                The flag and the anthem are symbols of what the troops are fighting for. Yes, they are just symbols. I would challenge you to ask any WWII veteran how they feel....
                I agree with that but too many people associate it wrongly with the actions of a few when you look at the total population of this country

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                I agree about the goaltending. Despite the recent winning, the wildcard still remains our men in net. Short may be the guy for now, but not because he's setting the AHC on fire. There still is definitely not a clear starter.
                Of the three, Short gets the nod as he's got more experience than the other two and would have to completely fail for Wilson to switch out.
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  Of the three, Short gets the nod as he's got more experience than the other two and would have to completely fail for Wilson to switch out.
                  Right now it appears that Wilson is just rotating them based on when the team needs a shake up. I didn't think you could blame Ian Andriano for much of anything that happen in the Bentley weekend so now it's Short's turn. I'm guessing he will get the start tonight, but there were two suspect goals against Mercyhurst. All I can say is that RIT has a coaching staff and I don't get a vote... probably for good reason
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

At this point, I think it's ideal to have a clear #1 goalie. Unfortunately, it seems like RIT is still struggling with that. A
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Pretty remarkable that with 4 games to go in the season (and most other teams only have 2 or 3) that RIT can still finish anywhere from 1st place to last place. With Mercyhurst's win over Robert Morris last night, winning out means RIT will finish no worse than 2nd, but losing out means they will finish no better than 7th. If they do manage to win out, Canisius would have to go just 1-1-1 the rest of the way (@Air Force, Niagara, @Niagara) for RIT to win the conference. And they got absolutely blitzed in the thin air last night after taking a 3-1 lead on the back of a major penalty in the first period.

There is a not completely unrealistic scenario where the Saturday night Mercyhurst @ RIT game is for the regular season conference crown.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                        Pretty remarkable that with 4 games to go in the season (and most other teams only have 2 or 3) that RIT can still finish anywhere from 1st place to last place. With Mercyhurst's win over Robert Morris last night, winning out means RIT will finish no worse than 2nd, but losing out means they will finish no better than 7th. If they do manage to win out, Canisius would have to go just 1-1-1 the rest of the way (@Air Force, Niagara, @Niagara) for RIT to win the conference. And they got absolutely blitzed in the thin air last night after taking a 3-1 lead on the back of a major penalty in the first period.

There is a not completely unrealistic scenario where the Saturday night Mercyhurst @ RIT game is for the regular season conference crown.
                        Actually, if I understand the tie breakers correctly RIT could lose out and finish in 6th place.

For RIT to finish in 6th (while losing out) all of the following would have to happen:

Either AF or RoMo lose out (RIT has more wins than AF, RIT wins = RoMo wins, RIT wins season series against RoMo)
                        AIC loses out
                        Niagara loses out
                        and Army sweeps Sacred Heart

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          At this point, I think it's ideal to have a clear #1 goalie. Unfortunately, it seems like RIT is still struggling with that. A
                          They don't have a clear go to goalie but I'm pretty comfortable with all three of them. They've all played really well at times and they've all struggled when the team as a whole has struggled.

Comment

Originally posted by sammich824 View Post
                            Actually, if I understand the tie breakers correctly RIT could lose out and finish in 6th place.

For RIT to finish in 6th (while losing out) all of the following would have to happen:

Either AF or RoMo lose out (RIT has more wins than AF, RIT wins = RoMo wins, RIT wins season series against RoMo)
                            AIC loses out
                            Niagara loses out
                            and Army sweeps Sacred Heart
                            Air Force won the season series with us so they would win a tiebreaker. Robert Morris already has more points than us so they can't finish tied with us if we lose out either. Even if a 3rd team (or more) ended up tied with us and Air Force in the case of Air Force losing out, the only candidates are teams that didn't beat Air Force up either, so we can't win a 3 team tiebreaker with Air Force + any of the teams beneath us.

Here's an article with the AHA tiebreakers:
                            http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/16/he...-sacred-heart/

We would win the conference on goal differential in head to head games with Canisius if they go 1-1-1 and we win out.
                            Last edited by jflory81; 02-17-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                              Air Force won the season series with us so they would win a tiebreaker. Robert Morris already has more points than us so they can't finish tied with us if we lose out either. Even if a 3rd team (or more) ended up tied with us and Air Force in the case of Air Force losing out, the only candidates are teams that didn't beat Air Force up either, so we can't win a 3 team tiebreaker with Air Force + any of the teams beneath us.

Here's an article with the AHA tiebreakers:
                              http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/16/he...-sacred-heart/

We would win the conference on goal differential in head to head games with Canisius if they go 1-1-1 and we win out.
                              Wow, I totally brainfarted on the RoMo points lol. (I think I accidentally looked at games played instead of pts) As for the other tie breaker, I thought the first tie breaker was conference wins. Thanks for posting the article.
                              Last edited by sammich824; 02-17-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

For the first time since Matt Smith, a Tiger has gotten a hat trick in consecutive games.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X