Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
    Hey, I'm going to (kind of) agree with Tom for the second time this week! I think that's a record.

Is making sounds to mimic instrument parts left out of the arrangement of "O, Canada" disrespectful? I don't think so at all (for example, an a cappella arrangement might include similar sounds), but if it bothers the players and coaches then it should stop.
    Hockey wise we normally not far apart, politically not so much and that's been two this week. We can celebrate this by having a couple of Buds at Blue Cross.

Just to bring the universe back into balance I will say "Ronald Reagan was the best president ever."

We now return you to Chris Lerch cursing me out
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      We now return you to Chris Lerch cursing me out
      He started already when you suggested he would drink a Budweiser.

Comment

Let's not get over excited over Cornell screaming RED! or Home of the Tigers, or even Home of the Sioux!
        The Cornell and RPI fans are merely accentuating a word that is in the song (kind of like the stomping during O Canada), where ours are screaming their team name over the top of the actual lyrics. A fine line, but a difference nonetheless.
        Either way it is certainly not the worst thing in the world by any stretch. However I wonder why people can't just stand at attention and be respectful for a couple minutes out of their day. How hard is that? The many generations of veterans who fought, bled, and died for those colors to preserve our freedom deserve at least that much.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
          The Cornell and RPI fans are merely accentuating a word that is in the song (kind of like the stomping during O Canada), where ours are screaming their team name over the top of the actual lyrics. A fine line, but a difference nonetheless.
          Either way it is certainly not the worst thing in the world by any stretch. However I wonder why people can't just stand at attention and be respectful for a couple minutes out of their day. How hard is that? The many generations of veterans who fought, bled, and died for those colors to preserve our freedom deserve at least that much.
          Hear, hear! Well said.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            He started already when you suggested he would drink a Budweiser.
            I want to encourage him not to hold back. Better not to have unresolved issues

Oh, and Ed an RIT parent I spoke to was very complimentary of the way you critique the leagues officiating...

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Sacred Heart pulled off the upset, which is good news for RIT in that it keeps Air Force 2 points below them in the standings. It's a good thing RIT and Sacred Heart have the extra day off and play Saturday/Sunday after each team playing 3 games in 5 days. RIT will still have that extra day of rest. It also means that the Tigers can't rest on their laurels and think this is an easy 4 point weekend.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Quite surprising to get a 6 point weekend after playing so poorly the last two months. Watching the video highlights from the Mercyhurst game most of the goals on Short were pretty bad goals to give up, and 2 of them were just unacceptable. His stats on the weekend actually got worse from where they were when I made my post a few weeks ago calling out all the goalies on their stats.

Glad we got the win, but I still can't say I feel good about heading into the end of the season with no clear starting goalie and no goalie even north of .890sv% at this point. Having to score 4+ to win every game is not sustainable.
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  The many generations of veterans who fought, bled, and died for those colors to preserve our freedom deserve at least that much.
                  See, this is the part I don't get. They didn't die for a flag. Or for an anthem. They fought for our country. And it's only been in the last decade or two that the pre-game anthem tradition has been explicitly tied to the military, at least in most venues. When the tradition started, it had nothing to do with servicepeople AFAIK.

And most of those who died didn't do so to "preserve our freedom". Any particular war may or may not have been a noble cause, but our freedom hasn't been at serious risk in a very long, long time.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Just to bring the universe back into balance I will say "Ronald Reagan was the best president ever."
                    You're so wrong, it's pathetic.

The greatest President was William Henry Harrison, Sr.

What's that you ask? He only lasted 31 days? Exactly!
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• So Sacred Heart won in OT over Air Force today 2-1. They are also riding a three game win streak.
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Keep an eye on the Canisius @ Air Force series this weekend. If Canisius struggles in the thin air and we take care of business in Connecticut (obviously not a given), it could make for a really interesting final weekend.

Sacred Heart is a different challenge than last weekend's games. Mercyhurst and Robert Morris will willingly try to skate with us. Sacred Heart is going to pack it in, make the safe play always, and try to counter-attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          Quite surprising to get a 6 point weekend after playing so poorly the last two months. Watching the video highlights from the Mercyhurst game most of the goals on Short were pretty bad goals to give up, and 2 of them were just unacceptable. His stats on the weekend actually got worse from where they were when I made my post a few weeks ago calling out all the goalies on their stats.

Glad we got the win, but I still can't say I feel good about heading into the end of the season with no clear starting goalie and no goalie even north of .890sv% at this point. Having to score 4+ to win every game is not sustainable.
                          That would be Christian Short. Wilson will ride him for as far as this team goes.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            You're so wrong, it's pathetic.

The greatest President was William Henry Harrison, Sr.

What's that you ask? He only lasted 31 days? Exactly!
                            Russell, this is why you should come around more often, you always brighten my day 🤣

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              See, this is the part I don't get. They didn't die for a flag. Or for an anthem. They fought for our country. And it's only been in the last decade or two that the pre-game anthem tradition has been explicitly tied to the military, at least in most venues. When the tradition started, it had nothing to do with servicepeople AFAIK.

And most of those who died didn't do so to "preserve our freedom". Any particular war may or may not have been a noble cause, but our freedom hasn't been at serious risk in a very long, long time.

Powers &8^]
                              O my God...

1) "We are an army out to set other men free" - Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

2) If someone blows up a building or a marathon and kills you, that is a threat to your freedom and more

There is some merit to what they are saying. Even if I think it's a bit overboard

3) Everyone, including me let it go! The crew will decide what they want to do. My name has been associated with the crew for a long time even though I only stand down there a couple of times a year. Some cheers I join others not so much. Tell you this much a lot of players who played at RIT love the crew...

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                O my God...

1) "We are an army out to set other men free" - Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

2) If someone blows up a building or a marathon and kills you, that is a threat to your freedom and more

There is some merit to what they are saying. Even if I think it's a bit overboard

3) Everyone, including me let it go! The crew will decide what they want to do. My name has been associated with the crew for a long time even though I only stand down there a couple of times a year. Some cheers I join others not so much. Tell you this much a lot of players who played at RIT love the crew...
                                Hmmm....”let it go!” Now it’s stuck in my head! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X