Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    I think it's time to come to grips with the fact that we just aren't very good. And outside of a couple of hot playoff runs on the back of one great player, we haven't been very good for a looong time.
    I really try to avoid posting too much here. But I've seen every minute of every game this season and what I do know is what this team is capable of. The team that swept Army and Robert Morris, tied Northeastern, came close at UConn, blanked Providence and Canisius, and put 49 shots on Holy Cross has shown that it can be very good. But there are other games where the team has just looked flat. I remain optimistic because I see what RIT can do and I'm disappointed when they don't achieve to that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
      Does anyone know why the radio guys don't play the live calls of the goals on the post game show anymore?
      It puts them past their bedtime 😊
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
        Does anyone know why the radio guys don't play the live calls of the goals on the post game show anymore?
        The radio station can't seem to get its act together and fix equipment that has been broken since December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          Agreed.

Even the RIT Athletic home page this morning shows a large image of the successful men’s track and field team while squeezing a small caption off to the right side stating that Men’s hockey lost to Bentley. Congrats to the Men’s Track and Field team...and btw, the men’s hockey team lost.

Additional scholarships have made it easier for savvy college hockey recruiters from other Atlantic Hockey schools to bring in better grade “A” players. RIT has a harder time finding those diamond in the rough type players. So might as well put it in cruise control and see what the playoffs bring. Two point weekends or less at home are not going to climb you in the standings.

And Ed, agree with the Anthem disrespect. I’m sure the younger generation would say “lighten up old man”were just having a bit of fun, but there is no better way to respect yourself, and your school, then by respecting the anthems that are played before a game. Heck it unnerves me to even see the players rocking back and forth on their skates on the blue line while the anthems are playing. Take your helmet off, hold it in your non-stick hand and don’t move. Not hard. Just watch the Army cadets if you can’t figure it out yourself.

Some students lack maturity that will eventually come to them as they venture out into the world, I don’t condone the behavior, but I understand the mindset of where it is coming from. They want to have fun, they think mocking the anthem is fun. Most others feel otherwise, especially for the family that only gets to one or two games a year. They might decide to stay home next time.

I now can add “curmudgeon” to “grumpy” about how I’m feeling this morning. Hopefully the Tigers will bounce back with a win tonight.
          We'll said regarding the anthems!

I've noticed the lack of articles in the daily newsletter as well. Off yippy don't sell all the sports, attendance will diminish and that would be sad
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
            Agreed.

Even the RIT Athletic home page this morning shows a large image of the successful men’s track and field team while squeezing a small caption off to the right side stating that Men’s hockey lost to Bentley. Congrats to the Men’s Track and Field team...and btw, the men’s hockey team lost.

Additional scholarships have made it easier for savvy college hockey recruiters from other Atlantic Hockey schools to bring in better grade “A” players. RIT has a harder time finding those diamond in the rough type players. So might as well put it in cruise control and see what the playoffs bring. Two point weekends or less at home are not going to climb you in the standings.

And Ed, agree with the Anthem disrespect. I’m sure the younger generation would say “lighten up old man”were just having a bit of fun, but there is no better way to respect yourself, and your school, then by respecting the anthems that are played before a game. Heck it unnerves me to even see the players rocking back and forth on their skates on the blue line while the anthems are playing. Take your helmet off, hold it in your non-stick hand and don’t move. Not hard. Just watch the Army cadets if you can’t figure it out yourself.

Some students lack maturity that will eventually come to them as they venture out into the world, I don’t condone the behavior, but I understand the mindset of where it is coming from. They want to have fun, they think mocking the anthem is fun. Most others feel otherwise, especially for the family that only gets to one or two games a year. They might decide to stay home next time.

I now can add “curmudgeon” to “grumpy” about how I’m feeling this morning. Hopefully the Tigers will bounce back with a win tonight.

We have watched all this year as the tiger players have been very respectful and do stand at attention and very still respecting both anthems. And it has given us a sense of Pride.

And to the point about families coming to the arena only once or twice there was a possible recruit and his family in the club section last night. So just having fun and kids just being kids could cost the team greatly if that player and his family are Canadian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
              The radio station can't seem to get its act together and fix equipment that has been broken since December.
              Well please pass on to them it's greatly missed, the ride home just isn't the same
              Who knew we would miss all the yelling

Comment

Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
                Well please pass on to them it's greatly missed, the ride home just isn't the same
                Who knew we would miss all the yelling
                The station manager is on the case, so he'll be after people to get it fixed. The two student engineers who know the system best are on co-op this semester, so getting things fixed has been an issue.
                Last edited by Ed Trefzger; 02-03-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                  Agreed.
                  It's not just additional scholarships, it's also other teams taking hockey more seriously. Canisius has a new rink. Bentley is getting a new rink. Mercyhurst is getting renovations. I feel that was a big advantage RIT had that has decreased.

That being said, if you look at the stats of the recruits - they are good. However, I don't know if we are comparing them to other teams recruits.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Agreed that CC could do better with the anthems, but getting swept at home by a conference bottom feeder is probably the biggest deterrent for recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                      Agreed that CC could do better with the anthems, but getting swept at home by a conference bottom feeder is probably the biggest deterrent for recruits.
                      Bentley isn't normally a bottom feeder but your point is well taken. The team can't give up 2 goal leads like that. They are lucky it was even that close with all the turnovers that lead to breakaways the other way.

Random stat: This was the 9th straight Friday RIT has lost the game.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
                        We have watched all this year as the tiger players have been very respectful and do stand at attention and very still respecting both anthems. And it has given us a sense of Pride..
                        I’m sorry I should of been more clear, my statement about players bouncing around during the anthems was a general statement about what I’ve seen down here at Tate Rink, Army’s home rink, from most visiting teams. I get that players are amped up and have a lot of nervous energy and I’m nitpicking, but since we were talking about anthems.

I guess it is more obvious at Tate as the Army players are always ram rod straight.

FWIW when RIT visited earlier this year, yes, as you’ve mentioned, they also were motionless during the anthem, so props to the RIT team and the coaching staff.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post

Random stat: This was the 9th straight Friday RIT has lost the game.
                          For Anybody in the Atlantic Hockey Pool, I hope you’re paying attention.
                          Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 02-03-2018, 01:45 PM.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

As a Bentley fan, I never understood the rather consistent chorus of (some) RIT fans pounding the table for the league to up the scholarship limits and for other teams to improve their facilities. It was often accompanied by "We should be in a better league" sentiments. The inevitable outcome of those limit increases and investments by other programs from the RIT perspective was for parity and to perhaps eventually get passed by in terms of recruiting resources. Are we seeing the beginning of that eventuality?
                            Bentley University Hockey
                            On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                              . Are we seeing the beginning of that eventuality?
                              No doubt...

Man time flies, that three game playoff series at the Ritter between our two teams so many years ago gave me a healthy respect for your Falcons, great for the Tigers to win, but also tough for the Falcons to lose. Became a closet Falcon fan after that. So please lose tonight and then good luck the rest of the way (except if you meet up with the Tigers again).
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                                I think it's time to come to grips with the fact that we just aren't very good. And outside of a couple of hot playoff runs on the back of one great player, we haven't been very good for a looong time.
                                Coach Wilson will make the big change to get the team motivated. He’ll take a player that’s scratched and put him on the 4th line as usual. The last 6 yrs. he’s counted on 2 lines. They’ve had 1 winning regular season at 15-14-5. Top 2 lines get the majority of ice time and are complacent the last 2 yrs because they know that they’ll play no matter what. Not one player stands out. There all pretty much equal except for ice time. You have players that there TOI is approx. 20-22 min between normal shifts, pk, pp and have 4-8 goals. They have to mix the lines up. The top 6 have been the same for 2 yrs except for #21. They have nothing to lose. But l guess being .500 or below is acceptable. Change is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X