Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    I didn't hear Saturday's game, but did listen on Friday. The impression they gave during and after the game was pretty much all negative. With the exception of a 5-10 minute stretch in the second, it never sounded like the Tigers generated much pressure on offense at all. Coach said that Holy Cross worked harder than the Tigers. He followed that up by trying to walk that back a bit when he said that RIT worked hard, though, just not as hard as they did.
    After a night in the hotel with a couple of drinks can make radio guys sound more cherry...
    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-31-2018, 09:19 AM.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

In Alumni News, Todd Skirving has been traded from Orlando (ECHL) to the Utah Grizzlies in exchange for future considerations. Best of luck in Utah Todd!

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
        In Alumni News, Todd Skirving has been traded from Orlando (ECHL) to the Utah Grizzlies in exchange for future considerations. Best of luck in Utah Todd!
        Staying with the Alumni theme, Chris Tanev was the number one star last night in the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 OT win over the Colorado Avalanche. Chris picked up three assists on the Canucks four goals including the OT winner.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Time to switch over to the recruiting desk

Kobe Walker has committed to RIT for next season

https://***********/kobewalker21_?lang=en

The 5'10" native of Lloydminster, AB plays for his local AJHL team the Bobcats and is currently serving as their Assistant Captain. He is enjoying a nice season of 25 Goals and 27 Assists in 48 games played so far this season. To date he has appeared in 109 AJHL games and has a 0.84 Point Per Game mark while while only spending 39 minutes in the bad boy box.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=258622

On other recruiting note from the AHA, Chayse Primeau the son of Keith Primeau has de-committed from Canisius and is now comitted to UNO. Our collective hearts weep...
          Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-31-2018, 09:19 AM.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            On other recruiting note from the AHA, Chayse Primeau the son of Keith Primeau has de-committed from Canisius and is now comitted to UNO. Our collective hearts weep...
            Tom, are you getting soft and sentimental in your old age?

The Tigers have added a number of recruits over the past few weeks, including the #1 and #2 goal scorers in the OJHL.

Andrew Petrucci, 6'1" 200lbs, Toronto Patriots, 44gm-41g-39a

Jake Joffe, 5'10" 180lbs, Toronto Jr Canadians, 47gm-30g-34a

Joffe committed last year, Petrucci a few weeks ago. Last time RIT got guys with numbers like these it was Garbowski and Macgowan, though they were out of the BCHL.
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
              Tom, are you getting soft and sentimental in your old age?

The Tigers have added a number of recruits over the past few weeks, including the #1 and #2 goal scorers in the OJHL.

Andrew Petrucci, 6'1" 200lbs, Toronto Patriots, 44gm-41g-39a

Jake Joffe, 5'10" 180lbs, Toronto Jr Canadians, 47gm-30g-34a

Joffe committed last year, Petrucci a few weeks ago. Last time RIT got guys with numbers like these it was Garbowski and Macgowan, though they were out of the BCHL.
              Nah, Chris Lerch just reminds me all the time that we will always agree on hating Canisius

I had the chance to see Joffe play when the JR Canadians were at the HarborCenter to play the Jr Sabres. Happen to watch the game sitting next to a certain coach who I will not put words in his mouth but seem to happy with Joffe's play. I was impressed as well...

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                Staying with the Alumni theme, Chris Tanev was the number one star last night in the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 OT win over the Colorado Avalanche. Chris picked up three assists on the Canucks four goals including the OT winner.
                Pretty impressive for a guy who just lost 6 (and a half) teeth!

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/1/...couver-canucks
                RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Gotta take care of buisness at home this weekend. Bentley's towards the bottom of the league coming into our house; 3 points is the bare minimum if they still have designs on a bye and home ice in the 2nd round. With 3 games still against Mercyhurst (2 at home) and 2 against Robert Morris they still hold their destiny for that in their own hands.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                    Gotta take care of buisness at home this weekend. Bentley's towards the bottom of the league coming into our house; 3 points is the bare minimum if they still have designs on a bye and home ice in the 2nd round. With 3 games still against Mercyhurst (2 at home) and 2 against Robert Morris they still hold their destiny for that in their own hands.
                    While I agree they need to get 3+ points, it won't be easy. Bentley is underachieving this year and is very capable of winning these games.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Non-conference opponents, courtesy of the radio guys:

2018-19
                      • Colgate (Homecoming)
                      • at Northeastern
                      • Arizona State (2)
                      • at UMass-Lowell (2)

2019-20
                      • at Arizona State (2)
                      • at Icebreaker Tournament (Bowling Green [hosting, possibly in Toledo] with Ohio State, Western Michigan)

Future
                      • Penn State Home/Away

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Non-conference opponents, courtesy of the radio guys:

2018-19
                        • Colgate (Homecoming)
                        • at Northeastern
                        • Arizona State (2)
                        • at UMass-Lowell (2)

2019-20
                        • at Arizona State (2)
                        • at Icebreaker Tournament (Bowling Green [hosting, possibly in Toledo] with Ohio State, Western Michigan)

Future
                        • Penn State Home/Away

Powers &8^]
                        Thanks for this. Didn’t get a chance to watch or listen to the game as I was at Army vs Niagara which was closer than the final score 6-2 Army, (two empty netters late)..
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I don't know if anyone from the Corner Crew reads this forum, but the disrespect of O Canada really needs to stop.

Comment

I think it's time to come to grips with the fact that we just aren't very good. And outside of a couple of hot playoff runs on the back of one great player, we haven't been very good for a looong time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                              I think it's time to come to grips with the fact that we just aren't very good. And outside of a couple of hot playoff runs on the back of one great player, we haven't been very good for a looong time.
                              Agreed.

Even the RIT Athletic home page this morning shows a large image of the successful men’s track and field team while squeezing a small caption off to the right side stating that Men’s hockey lost to Bentley. Congrats to the Men’s Track and Field team...and btw, the men’s hockey team lost.

Additional scholarships have made it easier for savvy college hockey recruiters from other Atlantic Hockey schools to bring in better grade “A” players. RIT has a harder time finding those diamond in the rough type players. So might as well put it in cruise control and see what the playoffs bring. Two point weekends or less at home are not going to climb you in the standings.

And Ed, agree with the Anthem disrespect. I’m sure the younger generation would say “lighten up old man”were just having a bit of fun, but there is no better way to respect yourself, and your school, then by respecting the anthems that are played before a game. Heck it unnerves me to even see the players rocking back and forth on their skates on the blue line while the anthems are playing. Take your helmet off, hold it in your non-stick hand and don’t move. Not hard. Just watch the Army cadets if you can’t figure it out yourself.

Some students lack maturity that will eventually come to them as they venture out into the world, I don’t condone the behavior, but I understand the mindset of where it is coming from. They want to have fun, they think mocking the anthem is fun. Most others feel otherwise, especially for the family that only gets to one or two games a year. They might decide to stay home next time.

I now can add “curmudgeon” to “grumpy” about how I’m feeling this morning. Hopefully the Tigers will bounce back with a win tonight.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Does anyone know why the radio guys don't play the live calls of the goals on the post game show anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X