Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

They were badly outplayed from the beginning of the 2nd period up until Canisius scored their 3rd goal. Even after that point it felt like the Griffs could create chances at will, but RIT was starting to create offense too. Andriano deserved better. Save percentage can be deceptive, and it certainly is in this case. If he didn't play well, we could have easily given up 10 tonight. Shambolic defensive play.

Comment

• And in other news, AFA has been forced to cancel all athletic events due to the government shut down. Sacred Heart gets the night off!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
        Love losing games on missed calls by the Atlantic Hockey refs!
        RIT lost the game because our defensemen were as much of spectators as the Corner Crew when it came to Canisius on the rush.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          RIT lost the game because our defensemen were as much of spectators as the Corner Crew when it came to Canisius on the rush.
          Good bounce back.. Seems Adriano has earned another start heading into Holy Cross next weekend..
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Kevin Oklobzija writes "Brown, the ‘garbage man’ for RIT, comes up big"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              The view we have tonight clearly shows it was offsides...
              I saw the replay a few times and am not so sure it was that obvious. It certainly looks that way because of the offending (allegedly) skater lifting his leg, but I couldn't tell whether the skate came off the ice before or after the puck entered the zone completely.
              Either way, though, they really should have spent a little more time reviewing it seeing as how close it appeared. I get the feeling they didn't even review the offsides at all. I think they reviewed the entry of the puck into the net. Shame on them.

Regardless, the Tigers didn't lose because of a blown offsides call. They lost because they "...had no answer to 13" as stated by Coach Wilson. McLaughlin was pretty spectacular on Friday. Thankfully, the Tigers were able to contain him on Saturday.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                They can call him whatever they want. I think that guy would be a legitimate superstar in this league and a Hobey finalist if he had better line-mates. I sometimes wonder why Powell and Brown don't play on the same line. I know that would not help spread the scoring out, but I think the two of them together could maybe produce a few more (timely) goals than their two lines separately. But then again, I'm not a hockey coach. They know way more than I do.
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  rit lost the game because our defensemen were as much of spectators as the corner crew when it came to Mclaughlin on the rush.
                  fyp

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Nice article.

BTW "firsties" are seniors in West Point speak.

Dan Rubin must of picked up some of the lingo hanging out with the West Point folks.

http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...can-feel-good/
                    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-22-2018, 08:16 PM.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                      I saw the replay a few times and am not so sure it was that obvious. It certainly looks that way because of the offending (allegedly) skater lifting his leg, but I couldn't tell whether the skate came off the ice before or after the puck entered the zone completely.
                      Either way, though, they really should have spent a little more time reviewing it seeing as how close it appeared. I get the feeling they didn't even review the offsides at all. I think they reviewed the entry of the puck into the net. Shame on them.

Regardless, the Tigers didn't lose because of a blown offsides call. They lost because they "...had no answer to 13" as stated by Coach Wilson. McLaughlin was pretty spectacular on Friday. Thankfully, the Tigers were able to contain him on Saturday.
                      It's not a obvious as the TV guys made it sound, but if you watch it enough you can tell he is clearly offsides, took me and a higher ranking member of the RIT Hockey media about 4 or 5 times watching it before we were sure. What bothered me more was how RIT played it, watch the video and you see everyone including the forwards skating towards the net, even the forwards have their back to the puck carrier, just horrible and a sign they were intimated by #13.

I am actually a little frustrated by Saturday game, they dominated Canisius. Which yes brings me joy but it also shows what talent is on this team and what they should be able to do every night...
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                        I am actually a little frustrated by Saturday game, they dominated Canisius. Which yes brings me joy but it also shows what talent is on this team and what they should be able to do every night...
                        Very true.

Conversely, that was also one of those games where if RIT had allowed just 2 or 3 goals, we'd be bemoaning the missed chances... again

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          Very true.

Conversely, that was also one of those games where if RIT had allowed just 2 or 3 goals, we'd be bemoaning the missed chances... again
                          I think we can finally call ourselves grumpy old men...
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                            I think we can finally call ourselves grumpy old men...
                            Been grumpy since the playoff loss to the Purple Eagles last year.

I know, I know, gotta let it go!
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Usually we can blame poor performance on injuries, but it seems like injuries haven't been as much of a problem this year, is that true? Also, if you were the coach, what would you do to try and turn things around for the rest of the season?
                              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                                Usually we can blame poor performance on injuries, but it seems like injuries haven't been as much of a problem this year, is that true?
                                Well, I don't know all of the numbers, but they have only lost half as many Norrishes for the entire season compared to last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X