Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Welp, the good news is that much of this fan consternation can be alleviated with a win tonight. I’ll be listening to our radio guys. Let’s go Tigers!
    Totally agree. Winning changes everything.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Totally agree. Winning changes everything.
      I’m thinking the glass is half full.
      Good analogy from the radio guys. Let see what the second period brings. I was at that Michigan game so they’re capable. Believe!
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Now we have a three-way goalie controversy

Comment

Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
          Now we have a three-way goalie controversy
          For giggles they should play Short in the 3rd, but as our radio guys mentioned, the Tigers played twice as good as they did in the first, only gave up two goals...

Back in Feb 2017 RIT beat Mercyhurst 7-1, plenty of players on this Hurst team probably have that in the back of their heads....
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

The coaches should tell the team to go and win the third, and then put it behind you...
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

The coaches should tell the team to go and win the third, and then put it behind you...
              Mission accomplished there.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                But my GPS says there's a cliff ahead and it's not recalculating!
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  But my GPS says there's a cliff ahead and it's not recalculating!
                  You're GPS feed might be a bit late. I think that cliff might be either directly below us or entering the rear view mirror at this point.

The Tigers started the New Year winning the first period against a very good NU team by a 3-0 score.
                  Then they managed to go 265 minutes of play being outscored 18-3.
                  Then they won their second 3-0 period of the year immediately after that in a pretty much meaningless period of hockey. I'm sure Mercyhurst was less than interested in a Tuesday night third period of a game while ahead by 6 goals.
                  Now the Tigers have first place Canisius coming to town for two? This could get much uglier very quickly. They went 0-4 against the Griffs last season. At least they can't do much worse than that this year.
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    You're GPS feed might be a bit late. I think that cliff might be either directly below us or entering the rear view mirror at this point.

The Tigers started the New Year winning the first period against a very good NU team by a 3-0 score.
                    Then they managed to go 265 minutes of play being outscored 18-3.
                    Then they won their second 3-0 period of the year immediately after that in a pretty much meaningless period of hockey. I'm sure Mercyhurst was less than interested in a Tuesday night third period of a game while ahead by 6 goals.
                    Now the Tigers have first place Canisius coming to town for two? This could get much uglier very quickly. They went 0-4 against the Griffs last season. At least they can't do much worse than that this year.

I’m still digesting last nights post game interview with our radio guys if you caught it. I paraphrase, the team has lost its confidence and there’s not much we can do about it. They basically have to figure it out on their own.

I beg to differ. I was disappointed in that line of thought. There is plenty you can do. Start by telling them that they are elite D1 hockey players that have accomplished great things to get where they are now. Put the “C” on the sweaters of the players that will keep the fire burning in the locker room and on the ice.

That’s a badass bunch of RIT hockey players, go out and prove it and stop with the whining and the butt hurt about giving up a late goal in the second period of the first game against Niagara and having the wheels fall off and losing our mojo.

Geez.

Ranting a bit. Sorry.
                    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-17-2018, 07:50 PM.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

In other news RIT alum Danny Smith gets a call up to the ECHL

http://huntsvillehavoc.com/view/hunt...ws/news_498238
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I’m still digesting last nights post game interview with our radio guys if you caught it. I paraphrase, the team has lost its confidence and there’s not much we can do about it. They basically have to figure it out on their own.

I beg to differ. I was disappointed in that line of thought. There is plenty you can do. Start by telling them that they are elite D1 hockey players that have accomplished great things to get where they are now. Put the “C” on the sweaters of the players that will keep the fire burning in the locker room and on the ice.
                        I think you missed Coach Wilson's next statement "I'm glad we have a supportive staff..."

That goes directly to your statement about "Start by telling them ...."
                        Scott Biggar
                        WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                        Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

I believe I have made this point in the past, but if you are looking for a firy coaching staff than you are going to be disappointed. That is just not Wayne's style. Not that he is hands off. He has sat players, sent them off in the middle of a game, and suspended guys in the past. But majority of his style is to stay calm and be positive.

I personally think some guys need a kick in the behind and to a degree I'm sure they are getting it. But this team might need their world blow up a bit. To me there been a bit of a consistency problem that really started last year. And I believe it's mostly mental. You see top notch hockey and then some really silly and foolish play. I think it's a problem that has developed in the room and not sure if kid gloves will solve it.

That being said, you have as much coaching experience as you can wish for here. They have a history of knowing their team well. But even experts can be wrong sometimes...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                            I think you missed Coach Wilson's next statement "I'm glad we have a supportive staff..."

That goes directly to your statement about "Start by telling them ...."
                            Didn’t miss any part of that interview. You won’t find a bigger fan of Coach Wilson than me. I just thought stating that the team is losing because of confidence problems is not something I’ve ever heard from him before.

Just one fans opinion Scott. Hope they figure it out. Maybe some confidence pills.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Love losing games on missed calls by the Atlantic Hockey refs!
                              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Love losing games on missed calls by the Atlantic Hockey refs!
                                Just took another look. Yep was offsides, figures... Remember the AHA Semis against Canisius? Lots of people at Canisius thought the game winning goal was offsides. I still think it probably was, but you can not tell by the camera angel as you lose site of the puck near the boards. The view we have tonight clearly shows it was offsides...

I thought Canisius controlled a good part of the game. RIT as they've been doing lately did a lot of good things, but just not enough to win a hockey game.
                                Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-19-2018, 10:27 PM.
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X