Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    Can't have that 2nd goal the way the first period went. When you're off your angle on the first goal and the defense limits shots the way they did you have to come up with that save. You can't spot good teams two goals on three shots and expect to win. Drackett was the better goalie last weekend but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Short again tomorrow.

If they can get to .500 over the 7 game Canisius-Mercyhurst-Air Force-Niagara stretch they'll be in pretty good shape for a bye. At 0-2-1 so far they have some work to do. Tomorrow really seems like a must win.

Agree that RIT needs a split. The parity is such in the league that I see the rest of the season for RIT resulting in close wins and losses the rest of the way with no real winning or losing streaks. Will that get them a bye? Probably not. I think back to the AIC series where AIC pulled their starting goalie for a freshman goalie, Durante. That decision earned them a split of the weekend and a wild ride up the standings as they have enjoyed a tremendous season so far on the back of their hot freshman goalie who might be the hottest goalie in Atlantic Hockey. Absent of that hot goalie, I think RIT will be bunched with the majority of teams in the league come playoff time, not at the top, not at the bottom. The question is will we see a new face representing Atlantic Hockey this year at the NCAA's or will a familiar team with a crafty coach (think Wilson, Serratore, Gotkin) get hot at the right time and find a way to win the Atlantic Hockey Championship?
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Didn’t see the game. I was at the other 4-0 game tonight. Used to be a bunch of us would jump on here and lament what needs to be improved. Not so much after tonight I guess.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Hard to believe the same team that beat top 10 ranked Providence 4-0 is now 0-3-1 in the new year. Goaltending is mediocre again this year...when will it end?
        RIT

Comment

What a frustrating weekend. Didn't really create many grade A looks despite strong territorial advantage, and couldn't stop themselves from falling behind early. Somehow they're still hanging on to a home ice bye by winning percentage, but they need to get points out of Canisius next weekend, and Canisius has been using this same blueprint to beat them for years, it seems like.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
            What a frustrating weekend. Didn't really create many grade A looks despite strong territorial advantage, and couldn't stop themselves from falling behind early. Somehow they're still hanging on to a home ice bye by winning percentage, but they need to get points out of Canisius next weekend, and Canisius has been using this same blueprint to beat them for years, it seems like.
            Looked like the defense took the night off on those goals
            Last edited by blazer777; 01-14-2018, 04:23 PM.
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              Looked like the defense took the night off on those goals
              Can’t dwell on it too long, got that Tuesday night tilt coming up with Mercyhurst who are feeling pretty good after their sweep of Niagara.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                Didn’t see the game. I was at the other 4-0 game tonight. Used to be a bunch of us would jump on here and lament what needs to be improved. Not so much after tonight I guess.
                Amerks at Syracuse?

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  Amerks at Syracuse?

Powers &8^]
                  No, but I do have an Amerks Jersey. No I was at the Army Bentley game in West Point on Saturday night. That was also a 4-0 result for Army. Today I was actually in Rochester just got home via Amtrak. Drove up this morning, I have to give credit where credit is due, the NYS DOT plow trucks did an awesome job with the Thruway. Clean all the way to exit 46. Downtown Rochester was another story though. But the new train station is certainly a big improvement.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Quite honestly, the whole team pretty much stunk last weekend. The team needs a swift kick in the pants to get things going or at the very least a wake up call.

Brubaker needs to sit one game - he made way too many mistakes. Maybe sit Brown and Powell. Peacock should sit for not throwing his size around.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      Quite honestly, the whole team pretty much stunk last weekend. The team needs a swift kick in the pants to get things going or at the very least a wake up call.

Brubaker needs to sit one game - he made way too many mistakes. Maybe sit Brown and Powell. Peacock should sit for not throwing his size around.
                      One of the biggest challenges is getting the team up for a game. If you follow multiple teams at some point you are going to see some motivational speaker being enlisted to fire up the players, coaches, staff, and anyone else involved with the team. You hear terms like they had "bus legs" in the first period. The coaches and the captains of the team need to step in at this point. You rarely see a AF team fly across half the country and come out flat against the Tigers. Some teams do it better, consistently getting the best out of the talent they have. For other teams it waxes and wanes from year to year, I suppose that might have something to do with the locker room leadership. Maybe this team has a lack of urgency while playing at the comforts of home but I hope they show up in Erie tonight in ill humor and ready to play at the drop of the puck. I wouldn't bench any of our leaders or goal scorers, let them show their teammates and fans their character on the ice.
                      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-16-2018, 05:51 AM.
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I didn't really see flat play at all this weekend. Most of the weekend RIT outplayed Air Force which is what was most frustrating. They controlled territoriality and probably out chanced Air Force. However good, it wasn't good enough. I don't think Goaltending was horrible either, but it also wasn't good enough. Too many times RIT Goaltenders are getting beat far to often when they are one on one with the shooter. Team save percentage is now .875%, now that is horrible...

I am not blaming this all on goaltending. There have been some red flags, I felt the Tigers were lucky to have the record they had in the first half. They got away with a lot and their shooting percentage above 10% really helped. You get them into a defensive game and it's very hard on RIT.

Sitting any one player I don't think is going to make much a different. This kind of pattern goes back to last season and it's up to the guys in the room to break it. It shouldn't take another players only meeting to do that...
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          Hard to believe the same team that beat top 10 ranked Providence 4-0 is now 0-3-1 in the new year. Goaltending is mediocre again this year...when will it end?
                          The GAA this weekend was approximately 2.50, which isn't spectacular, but should give your team a chance more often than not.
                          The team scored 1 goal all weekend. I'll give credit where it is due. Christopolous (sp?) was fantastic at times. But it was just another weekend where the Tigers couldn't buy a timely goal. That is the reason they lost. One goal here or there in the second periods of those two games and the whole weekend is a completely different story.

And I agree about sending a message to Brubacher. He defended two odd man rushes on one shift, was fundamentally unsound on both, and was fortunate the Falcons only cashed in on one of them. Watching it my first thought was that maybe he's nursing an injury which might hamper his ability to get down on the ice quickly or something. Either that or he's just checked out and didn't feel like making the effort to actually stop the pass across like he should have.
                          Can't we all just get along?
                          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                            The team scored 1 goal all weekend. I'll give credit where it is due. Christopolous (sp?) was fantastic at times. But it was just another weekend where the Tigers couldn't buy a timely goal. That is the reason they lost. One goal here or there in the second periods of those two games and the whole weekend is a completely different story.
                            The weather kept me a way on Friday so I won't comment much on that. RIT got a bunch of shots on goal Saturday. However, I didn't think there were a lot of high quality shots. The power play was especially weak on Saturday in my opinion. Now maybe the PP could not get good shooting lanes, but after a couple tries, you need to do something to shake it up.

My comment on Peacock was an observation a friend of mine who doesn't go to many RIT games had. When he stopped over to talk, he pointed out that for a big guy he really wasn't using his body.

I don't want to talk about must win games at this point in the season, but tonight's game is almost that if they are going to climb the standings and make a run at a bye. A win would plant them in a tie for 6th as opposed to 8th.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post

I don't want to talk about must win games at this point in the season, but tonight's game is almost that if they are going to climb the standings and make a run at a bye. A win would plant them in a tie for 6th as opposed to 8th.
                              Welp, the good news is that much of this fan consternation can be alleviated with a win tonight. I’ll be listening to our radio guys. Let’s go Tigers!
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                The GAA this weekend was approximately 2.50, which isn't spectacular, but should give your team a chance more often than not.
                                The GAA being average is misleading, because the save percentages were terrible. If we get an average save percentage on either night, we allow half as many goals. Especially the Saturday game it was clear that bad goals deflated the team. They were buzzing and generating a ton of good chances and then suddenly Air Force would get their first shot in 5 minutes and score on a weak look and then RIT would fold up and go home for the next 10 minutes.
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X