Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Make up games with Mercyhurst will be Tuesday, January 16th and Monday, February 12th.

Now let's hope they can get down to Niagara this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
      Make up games with Mercyhurst will be Tuesday, January 16th and Monday, February 12th.

Now let's hope they can get down to Niagara this weekend!
      As long as the roads have been cleared, they should be fine. Only an inch or two of new snow expected in Buffalo / Niagara Falls this weekend.

It will be COLD, though. Thank goodness they don't play outdoors.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

To call it a shame to completely outplay a team for 39 minutes and then let them back into the game with two silly, selfish, and stupid plays is an understatement. Deserves a lost for that one minute of play...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          To call it a shame to completely outplay a team for 39 minutes and then let them back into the game with two silly, selfish, and stupid plays is an understatement. Deserves a lost for that one minute of play...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
          This team, with so much talent, has found more ways to surprise me than many of the previous RIT teams I’ve followed. It would be nice to get a split. Anything less would be yet another surprise. Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
            This team, with so much talent, has found more ways to surprise me than many of the previous RIT teams I’ve followed. It would be nice to get a split. Anything less would be yet another surprise. Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow.
            Been this way for the last couple of years. Don't seem capable of putting together a win streak for some reason
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• At least that came back from two down to get the tie. Going to be a bumpy road to the post season if they keep this up.
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                Been this way for the last couple of years. Don't seem capable of putting together a win streak for some reason
                RIT has had inconsistant goaltending the last couple years. Rotolo and Ruby got us to the NCAA but they were basically playing hot hand and Ruby got hot at the right time. Rotolo was been inconsistent through most of his career. Drackett started great in conference play but didn't play well for a couple games while Short got hot. Now the question is did Short get cold after giving up his 4 goals, or was that a team effort. Drackett recovered enough to get a tie.

I think RIT really needs to get at least a split against Air Force, but that won't be easy.\
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  RIT has had inconsistant goaltending the last couple years. Rotolo and Ruby got us to the NCAA but they were basically playing hot hand and Ruby got hot at the right time. Rotolo was been inconsistent through most of his career. Drackett started great in conference play but didn't play well for a couple games while Short got hot. Now the question is did Short get cold after giving up his 4 goals, or was that a team effort. Drackett recovered enough to get a tie.

I think RIT really needs to get at least a split against Air Force, but that won't be easy.\
                  There was really were no soft goals this past weekend, but also really was lacking that key save at the critical moment. Good news is Drackett played much better than he has. I still think he is the guy, but it will be key for Short to have some good starts.

RIT played a much better game Friday than Saturday. Niagara was much better Saturday. Was was inexcusable for the weekend was the last 1:15 of the second. Problem two it was a Senior who made a terrible decision at a critical time after the first goal that lead to the second goal. This team needs leadership and smart play from the veterans on the team. Poor decisions by Juniors and Seniors have been a theme the last two years. Their play needs to be a lot cleaner.

This weekend really gives me pause, we are getting down to the part of the season where the rubber meets the road. We shouldn't need any more team meetings to get guys to play hard, but there are a some guys who need to be less selfish and go out there and play hard or we will see a similar result of last season...

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    There was really were no soft goals this past weekend, but also really was lacking that key save at the critical moment. Good news is Drackett played much better than he has. I still think he is the guy, but it will be key for Short to have some good starts.

RIT played a much better game Friday than Saturday. Niagara was much better Saturday. Was was inexcusable for the weekend was the last 1:15 of the second. Problem two it was a Senior who made a terrible decision at a critical time after the first goal that lead to the second goal. This team needs leadership and smart play from the veterans on the team. Poor decisions by Juniors and Seniors have been a theme the last two years. Their play needs to be a lot cleaner.

This weekend really gives me pause, we are getting down to the part of the season where the rubber meets the road. We shouldn't need any more team meetings to get guys to play hard, but there are a some guys who need to be less selfish and go out there and play hard or we will see a similar result of last season...

Hopefully Big Foot and the Easter Bunny are at GPC this weekend.

https://***********/af_hky/status/949508730759954432
                    Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-11-2018, 05:56 PM.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Fixed the Link above, now that I'm at a keyboard rather than an iphone...

I have to admit the longer I watch AHC hockey the more I've come to respect some of the other coaches, especially Coach Serratore, the guy definitely says whats on his mind (although I hope he and AF get swept this weekend)!
                      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-11-2018, 06:00 PM.
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                        I didn't say there were soft goals this past weekend, but was speaking more in general about a reason that RIT has difficulty getting a long winning streaks. I think you will agree that is something that is lacking this year.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          I didn't say there were soft goals this past weekend, but was speaking more in general about a reason that RIT has difficulty getting a long winning streaks. I think you will agree that is something that is lacking this year.
                          Was just supplying a summery for those who did not see the game. Wayne said in the Alumni event that the goaltending has been inconstant this year and they are still searching for the guy.
                          Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-12-2018, 01:50 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            Fixed the Link above, now that I'm at a keyboard rather than an iphone...

I have to admit the longer I watch AHC hockey the more I've come to respect some of the other coaches, especially Coach Serratore, the guy definitely says whats on his mind (although I hope he and AF get swept this weekend)!
                            This was one of the best Serratore presser!

http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/col.../?media=518354

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule

Comment

Hey has anybody seen that pesky panic button. It may be time? What happened to that freshman goaltender with all the confidence. You know the one where it seem like he was fly paper and there were no rebounds or if there were he put them high on the glass in the corners. Well enough about tonight what do you say Short's first home shutout on Saturday, since this RIT team seems to play much better on Saturdays than on Fridays, at least on a scoreboard. As those Lottery commercials
                              say hey you never know. Go Tigers
                              Last edited by 35TH40TH; 01-12-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Can't have that 2nd goal the way the first period went. When you're off your angle on the first goal and the defense limits shots the way they did you have to come up with that save. You can't spot good teams two goals on three shots and expect to win. Drackett was the better goalie last weekend but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Short again tomorrow.

If they can get to .500 over the 7 game Canisius-Mercyhurst-Air Force-Niagara stretch they'll be in pretty good shape for a bye. At 0-2-1 so far they have some work to do. Tomorrow really seems like a must win.

Comment

Working...
                                X