Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    As for Frozen Four trips - that's going to be tough to repeat. RIT is not Minnesota or BC - at least not yet.
    Agreed. The league has a whopping total of ONE Frozen Four appearance, so occasional appearances by any one team in AHC is highly unlikely.

I suspect he said that with tongue firmly pressed in cheek, though.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

And yet, they have 2 NCAA appearances, including a win.

Ruby was relatively highly rated, but was inconsistant. Rotolo was a decent, but not great goalie. Dracett came in as a top goalie in his league and started out well in conference play. He's slumping a bit now, and Short is making the most of his opportunity so far.
      Maybe instead of "dependable/good" it should be "difference-making/top-flight". Rotolo would definitely fit the dependable/good category (at least). But it is true that since Madolora left, they haven't had a difference-maker in net for an extended period since. One could argue that Ruby's 2014-15 season was pretty darn great, but it kind of went un-noticed since the team struggled to support him with goals in the first half.
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I also think the question is: what SHOULD the expectations of the program be?

For me, the expectation is making the AHC semifinals most years and occasional conference championships.
        Agreed.
        I would just add that they be in position to earn a first round bye most years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          I pick Short!
          Drackett

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
            Perhaps you meant to say "This team can be really good if all facets can play well at the same time."

As has been noted, even by Providence fans, Friday's issue was not goaltending. On Saturday, while it was great to see Short get his first careen shutout, the dramatic difference in the game was not due solely to goaltending either. The skaters played very differently on Saturday.
            So, a team effort you say!
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
              I didn't know "expect" had multiple definitions.
              Perhaps not, but it can be used in different contexts and with different degrees.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Big announcement coming up at 1pm on campus today. Even former Prez Destler is supposed to be there. Lots of speculation about the announcement, some say a new parking garage, others guesses involve the hacking of Destlers weather machine , but for me I am hoping for the school to move to all D1 sports.
                Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 12-13-2017, 11:47 AM.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                  Big announcement coming up at 1pm on campus today. Even former Prez Destler is supposed to be there. Lots of speculation about the announcement, some say a new parking garage, others guesses involve the hacking of Destlers weather machine , but for me I am hoping for the school to move to all D1 sports.
                  Nope. They did receive a nice gift though $$$, that will likely be used for academics and facilty improvements.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Better team won tonight with a ton of shot blocks.
                    RIT certainly was awesome in Providence. Good luck after the break.

Comment

Due to prodigious snowfall, RIT's games against Mercyhurst have been delayed by one day. They'll be playing Saturday--Sunday, the latter at 4:05.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I just was notified by the RIT sports information department that the games at Mercyhurst this weekend have been postponed. Dates for rescheduling them are TBD, but it is likely that they will be made up as two single midweek games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          I just was notified by the RIT sports information department that the games at Mercyhurst this weekend have been postponed. Dates for rescheduling them are TBD, but it is likely that they will be made up as two single midweek games.
                          Wow but not unexpected. Lots of logistics involved hosting a weekend series of hockey, and lots of support personnel many whom are dealing with massive amounts of snow at home. Would be nice if RIT could host this weekend and the Tigers go out to Erie at the end of the year but there is probably more to it then I would know. Stay warm folks. Chilly out even down my way near NYC.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            Wow but not unexpected. Lots of logistics involved hosting a weekend series of hockey, and lots of support personnel many whom are dealing with massive amounts of snow at home. Would be nice if RIT could host this weekend and the Tigers go out to Erie at the end of the year but there is probably more to it then I would know. Stay warm folks. Chilly out even down my way near NYC.
                            Yeah, not sure why they don't do that. RIT's women are already hosting the Mercyhurst women that weekend in February, which means the women's games are in the afternoon before the men's games. Moving the men's games to Erie would be easier on RIT rink staff that weekend.

Powers &8^]

Edit: It occurs to me that changing the date of RIT's Senior Night might be inconvenient for the families.
                            Last edited by LtPowers; 12-28-2017, 09:43 PM. Reason: Postscript

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              Edit: It occurs to me that changing the date of RIT's Senior Night might be inconvenient for the families.
                              Also not to mention media (TV and Radio), all though we know the WITR Guys are ready to go any day or night! The biggest issue would be travel with all that snow which Mercyhurst would still face in trying to get out of Erie. So that solution probably would not have worked. Will be interested to see how this shakes out, there are no weekend dates available for RIT before the end of the season, so they will end up playing 4 games in 7 days.
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• 100 % chance of lake effect snow until Sunday morning in Erie. Safety first boys and girls, safety first!
                                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Working...
                                X