Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    Yep... And how many times have the Tiger's stunk it up in OCC games but ended up going deep into the playoffs and the tournament? The heck with PWR and the rest! 😁
    Exactly, except instead of "going deep" it should say "winning". The Tigers have only ever made the tournament by winning the AHC.
    Which is really where the focus for this team should be. The odds of an at-large bid just aren't good enough to spend a whole lot of energy thinking about unless it becomes a real possibility in February.
    THE way to the NCAA's is still winning the AHC playoffs.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

As the league continues to improve and we see similar OOC results as we are starting to see, then winning the conference tournament is still the path to the NCAAs. I would rather play tough OOC games than easy ones, even if it means a loss.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        See, this is what I don't get. According to the RPI (Ratings Percentage Index) math, losing to RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) doesn't hurt our numbers any more than any losing to Union does.

Powers &8^]
        It's the formula used to calculate the number. Opponent's record is the least weighted of the 3 components based on the USCHO page with RPI rating.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          It's the formula used to calculate the number. Opponent's record is the least weighted of the 3 components based on the USCHO page with RPI rating.
          It's not Opponent's Record, though; it's Opponents' Records. All of the records of all of your opponents are averaged together. If you lose to Team A and beat Team B, or you beat Team A and lose to Team B, the cumulative record of all of your opponents will be identical either way.

Powers &8^]

Comment

So the question for the night is that are the AHC refs so bad and inconsistent that RIT doesn't get called for stuff, or did the HE refs call it right. It does suck that there was such a discrepancy in the number of penalties. I'm surprised Chase Norish didn't play unless he was a little dinged up and Coach didn't want to say. Short had a good game, thought I still expect Drackett to get the majority of playing time.

Comment

I expect AHC teams have a reputation with other leagues' refs that they commit a bunch of infractions due to the skill disparity. Even if that's not really true anymore.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                So the question for the night is that are the AHC refs so bad and inconsistent that RIT doesn't get called for stuff, or did the HE refs call it right. It does suck that there was such a discrepancy in the number of penalties. I'm surprised Chase Norish didn't play unless he was a little dinged up and Coach didn't want to say. Short had a good game, thought I still expect Drackett to get the majority of playing time.
                Here are the number of RIT penalties per game and the result
                Northeastern - 9 - T
                Union - 5 - L
                RPI - 5 - L
                ARMY - 6 - W
                ARMY - 2 - W
                AIC - 2 - W
                AIC - 3 - L
                RMU - 4 - W
                RMU - 5 - W
                AFA - 4 - L
                AFA - 6 - W
                UCONN - 9 - L
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

The Hockey East games are clear outliers, and that does not bode well for the upcoming games against Providence. In any case, the penalty kill MUST improve if RIT is going to make a deep run the AHC tournament and beyond.

Comment

Page 2? Can't have that.

What are everyone's expectations for the Holy Cross series?

Don't forget to bring your stuffed animals Friday. And does anyone know what "Tiger Den Night" means for Saturday?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      Page 2? Can't have that.

What are everyone's expectations for the Holy Cross series?

Don't forget to bring your stuffed animals Friday. And does anyone know what "Tiger Den Night" means for Saturday?

Powers &8^]
                      "Tiger Den" refers to when the varsity athletes from other teams go to a game together to show support. It's really great for the other sports, not as big a deal for the Hockey games.

Comment

A look a Holy Cross and Holy Cow they are balanced. Check out their lines, and look at their top 6 point producers...

Mitch Collett#5 Ryan Ferrill#6 Kevin Darrar
                        Peter Crinella T.J. Moore #2 Danny Lopez#4
                        Logan Ferguson Michael Laffin#3 Scott Pooley #1
                        Jay Mackie Andrew Dumaresque Pete Kessel

Tigers are going to have to at least two if not three good lines going this weekend. For those who skipped class Scott Pooley already has 13 goals this season. And with old reliable Paul Berrafato in nets this might be the best Holy Cross team I've seen since RIT jumped to DI...
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                          A look a Holy Cross and Holy Cow they are balanced. Check out their lines, and look at their top 6 point producers...

Mitch Collett#5 Ryan Ferrill#6 Kevin Darrar
                          Peter Crinella T.J. Moore #2 Danny Lopez#4
                          Logan Ferguson Michael Laffin#3 Scott Pooley #1
                          Jay Mackie Andrew Dumaresque Pete Kessel

Tigers are going to have to at least two if not three good lines going this weekend. For those who skipped class Scott Pooley already has 13 goals this season. And with old reliable Paul Berrafato in nets this might be the best Holy Cross team I've seen since RIT jumped to DI...
                          I saw them at Tate against Army. Had a game plan and stuck to it all weekend. Didn’t get too high when they were winning nor too low when they were losing. No matter what Army threw at them they stayed the course with a balanced skilled attack, decent defense and a great goalie. The result was a three point weekend. Nice group of fans that showed up too, sat right behind me. I agree with you this is a good team.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Well here we go again... back to a Tiger team that can't freakin' finish. Gotta love controlling play all game and losing 4-2.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Story tonight was goaltending, Holy Cross had solid goaltending. RIT leaked backed there...
                              Last edited by Tom Naeger; 12-01-2017, 08:55 PM.
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

That was some ugly goaltending. I wouldn't be surprised to see Short tomorrow. Incredibly frustrating game to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X