Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    I can only think that the officials said that they could not conclusively say it wasn't off of Brown's glove, but I think that's crap.
    Reportedly, the referee's explanation to coach Wilson after the review was that the puck went in directly off of Brown's hand. Obviously, that viewpoint was completely wrong.
    Scott Biggar
    WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
    Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
      Reportedly, the referee's explanation to coach Wilson after the review was that the puck went in directly off of Brown's hand. Obviously, that viewpoint was completely wrong.
      Regardless of what it hit on Brown, 83.3 says it's an allowed goal as long as he doesn't kick it or pass it on with his hand. Blown call!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Brady Norrish says he decided not to take a medical redshirt, in hopes of moving on to play pro next year.

https://www.facebook.com/RITSportsZo...16/?permPage=1

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          Brady Norrish says he decided not to take a medical redshirt, in hopes of moving on to play pro next year.

https://www.facebook.com/RITSportsZo...16/?permPage=1

Powers &8^]
          Really feel for the guy. Two devastating knee injuries in as many seasons not only cut his college career drastically short but is certainly going to limit his attractiveness to pro teams who have plenty of younger and/or less injury prone guys to pick from.
          RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            Really feel for the guy. Two devastating knee injuries in as many seasons not only cut his college career drastically short but is certainly going to limit his attractiveness to pro teams who have plenty of younger and/or less injury prone guys to pick from.
            We are not familiar with the injury. If Brady decides to go pro then that decision likely came after consulting his doctors and hockey people familiar with the injury. Not too many D1 players out there who haven’t had some type of surgery to their hands, wrists, knees, ankles and hips. I think Brady will be just fine and wish him well. Think positive, go Brady!
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

My understanding is that ACL repairs often leave the ligament stronger than before the surgery, and that subsequent tears aren't any more likely as a result. But some athletes have had remarkably bad luck with ACL tears, and there may be something about certain individuals -- or the way they move -- that makes them more prone. Fairport/Duke squeakballer Caitlin Howe suffered three ACL tears in the same knee before finally giving up on a promising career.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                We are not familiar with the injury. If Brady decides to go pro then that decision likely came after consulting his doctors and hockey people familiar with the injury. Not too many D1 players out there who haven’t had some type of surgery to their hands, wrists, knees, ankles and hips. I think Brady will be just fine and wish him well. Think positive, go Brady!
                You don't have to be a doctor to know that 2 ACL tears in 2 years is not good
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  Regardless of what it hit on Brown, 83.3 says it's an allowed goal as long as he doesn't kick it or pass it on with his hand. Blown call!
                  No. If it did hit his hand, his reacting to the puck by raising his hand (which I don't think you can argue he didn't do) would be enough to disallow the goal. It does not take a deliberate attempt to bat the puck into the net with a hand or foot for it not to count. As opposed to where if it hit his chest the officials would have to say he purposefully batted the puck into the net with his chest for it not to count.

Comment

So the Grim Reaper (IIRC) is now the Town Supervisor in Henrietta?
                    Way to go Mr. Steven Shultz!
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                      No. If it did hit his hand, his reacting to the puck by raising his hand (which I don't think you can argue he didn't do) would be enough to disallow the goal. It does not take a deliberate attempt to bat the puck into the net with a hand or foot for it not to count. As opposed to where if it hit his chest the officials would have to say he purposefully batted the puck into the net with his chest for it not to count.
                      This would be good for a two minute conversation on the WITR pre-game show because I'm still not sure why it was disallowed. If the ref is saying he saw Brown use his glove, while trying to avoid the puck, move the puck towards the goal, then it wouldn't count in the ref's eyes. If you are saying he used his chest to flick the high speed puck into the goal, well then, that's a neat trick! In the end, I don't have the luxury of slow motion video to state as fact what really happened, only what I saw in the two replays shown and what the rule book allows for.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

This would be good for a two minute conversation on the WITR pre-game show because I'm still not sure why it was disallowed. If the ref is saying he saw Brown use his glove, while trying to avoid the puck, move the puck towards the goal, then it wouldn't count in the ref's eyes. If you are saying he used his chest to flick the high speed puck into the goal, well then, that's a neat trick! In the end, I don't have the luxury of slow motion video to state as fact what really happened, only what I saw in the two replays shown and what the rule book allows for.
                        I wish we could talk about it in some detail but I haven’t been able to watch any conclusive replays. An overhead shot would be nice to see. The key is in the opinion of the referee whether Brown threw, batted, or propelled the puck. It’s rather a moot point now, though. On to Robert Morris and what I expect will be two great games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From the overhead I saw on TV, I think Brown was trying to catch the puck with his glove, missed, had it hit his chest and re-direct into the net - which should be a good goal as he didn't purposefully try to knock it into the net with his chest. However, if he tried to catch the puck, had it bounce off his hand and go into the net, that would count as a (not intentional) bat, which is still no goal because it was off a hand or foot rather than off of his chest, which does not require a deliberate attempt to be disallowed. This is what the officials are saying happened (or at least ruled happened initially and then said replays were inconclusive on whether it hit his chest or his glove, which I wholeheartedly disagree with).
                          Last edited by jflory81; 11-10-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Why is it so quiet when we win?
                            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              Well, jflory and I are living in the past so maybe comment on this win tomorrow, next day.

Nice win by the way. After they gave up the late goal at the end of the 2nd, I was getting a little down but they responded well in the third and pulled off a nifty comeback.

Highlights of all goals here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvKc...NE0WWjrj1DXyDx
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Because there is less to complain about.

RIT took few penalties and scored a PP goal.

I would suspect there is a lineup change as coach mentioned he was not happy about a player whose play helped lead to a couple RMU goals.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X