UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Dave Quinn's haircut costs BU more than I paid in tuition to Lowell for 4 years and a degree
    Jerry York is a nice person
    No one cheats on faceoffs as nicely as UConn
    Maine was good once
    Amherst is awful, and that isn't going to change
    Merrimack is in North Andover, so thats gotta be boring
    Northeastern still can't find a goalie
    Providence is nice people, alliance still on
    JCarter is the smartest person to graduate from UVM (let that sink in for a minute)

UNH won't win 14 games because they will lose in the (fake) first round of the playoffs to Maine.

There is a game tomorrow and we still don't have a season thread.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Weekend Preview

Highlights from Last weekend
    BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

According to the Concord Monitor UNH will be without Patrick Grasso this weekend.

Missing from the ice was Patrick Grasso, one of the top freshman forwards in the country last season with 20 goals and 13 assists. Grasso is dealing with a shoulder injury and has already been scratched from the lineup for the opening weekend.
      http://www.concordmonitor.com/Univer...owell-12922184

Comment

I am planning my first trip to Tsongas. Any advice/information/recommendations for seats and arena layout (sight lines, best rows, etc)? Thanks in advance
        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
          I am planning my first trip to Tsongas. Any advice/information/recommendations for seats and arena layout (sight lines, best rows, etc)? Thanks in advance
          I recommend the green center ice seats in either section 106 or 118 (I think they start row 5 or 6 and above). They are a little more comfortable as they are wider and cushioned. They have cup holders too. I'm not sure if the other seats in the arena have cup holders. I prefer being higher up above the glass, but I've been told sitting in the lower part of 118 you can get a good view of the video the referees review for questionable goals, etc. There's no additional charge to sit in these sections.

Are you a Maine fan? The visitor's section is in 115 and the surrounding sections. These are in a corner facing the team benches. Honestly I don't think there is a bad seat anywhere except each end if the safety net bothers you.
          Last edited by Middle Street; 10-06-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
            I recommend the green center ice seats in either section 106 or 118 (I think they start row 5 or 6 and above). They are a little more comfortable as they are wider and cushioned. They have cup holders too. I'm not sure if the other seats in the arena have cup holders. I prefer being higher up above the glass, but I've been told sitting in the lower part of 118 you can get a good view of the video the referees review for questionable goals, etc. There's no additional charge to sit in these sections.

Are you a Maine fan? The visitor's section is in 115 and the surrounding sections. These are in a corner facing the team benches. Honestly I don't think there is a bad seat anywhere except each end if the safety net bothers you.
            All good advice. If I were a Maine fan going to Tsongas I'd try for seats in Sec 117, rows 11-14, low # seats on the blue line in the end where Maine shoots twice.

Comment

Ryan Lohin got robbed

Croix and T Wall made the cut

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...aa-this-season
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                All good advice. If I were a Maine fan going to Tsongas I'd try for seats in Sec 117, rows 11-14, low # seats on the blue line in the end where Maine shoots twice.
                Middle Street and Fishhawk your advice is greatly appreciated and thank you!! I am looking forward to my first Tsongas experience. I have heard so many good things about the arena and unfortunately have always had something pop up that prevented me from visiting when Maine has played there. Do the sections flanking 106 & 118 also have the nicer cushioned seats?
                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                  Middle Street and Fishhawk your advice is greatly appreciated and thank you!! I am looking forward to my first Tsongas experience. I have heard so many good things about the arena and unfortunately have always had something pop up that prevented me from visiting when Maine has played there. Do the sections flanking 106 & 118 also have the nicer cushioned seats?
                  They do not, but the all plastic seats are still comfortable in my opinion. The Tsongas also has good legroom.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                    Dave Quinn's haircut costs BU more than I paid in tuition to Lowell for 4 years and a degree
                    Jerry York is a nice person
                    No one cheats on faceoffs as nicely as UConn
                    Maine was good once
                    Amherst is awful, and that isn't going to change
                    Merrimack is in North Andover, so thats gotta be boring
                    Northeastern still can't find a goalie
                    Providence is nice people, alliance still on
                    JCarter is the smartest person to graduate from UVM (let that sink in for a minute)

UNH won't win 14 games because they will lose in the (fake) first round of the playoffs to Maine.

There is a game tomorrow and we still don't have a season thread.
                    lol@ the title thread. I just noticed it.

Granted he's a transfer, but Chris Schutz will be a 23 year old Freshman when he takes the ice next semester.

Comment

Wilson makes it 1-0 on what sounds like a mediocre powerplay
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Well that sounded heartbreaking
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Woof.

Some good. More bad. Lots to work on.

Can't disappear for an entire period and expect to win. We're gonna see some lineup changes tomorrow.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            Well that sounded heartbreaking
                            A tough way to lose but I think the correct team won tonight. Give UNH credit they played well and looked quicker and faster than the Hawks. Wake up call for the team. They'll have their hands full tomorrow night at the Whitt.

Game highlights and postgame press conference:
                            http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...on-opener.aspx
                            Last edited by boblav1; 10-06-2017, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Season's over people*. They lost to UNH... let that sink in. And here's an idea, how about we stop with the banner ceremonies. Last time they had a big ceremony, Lowell was #1 in the country and they lost to Sacred Heart. UNH was faster and stronger all night, Lowell's D was just standing around in their zone for most of the night.

*I reserve the right to swap to saying Lowell's going to Minneapolis if they win tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X