• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for Teemu!!!

for RR..

yes
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Yay

Comment

Ryan Shea was really +5 tonight? Wow

Comment

Huge win over Crack City!
          Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Well, despite their best efforts to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, they get the victory. Ugly, but it counts. Defensive side of the PP was so leaky I found myself wishing they could decline UML penalties. Silver lining is that Bobby Hampton might just have nailed down a job.

And the Gaudette shorty was a thing of beauty.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• and the Stevens family wins all around tonight as the LA Kings beat the Bruins (in OT) with less than 1 sec left..

unbelievable.

Oh well.. tonight's NU OT kinda makes up for that Q OT last wknd.

Game of bounces.. glad it went our way this wknd.

Coaches, pls work on the PP. Nice job team!
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Let’s get a win against the rat dogs next Saturday. They lost 2 games this weekend so they should jump up 3 spots in the polls.
                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Didn't get to watch tonight but listened to the radio call while taking in Denver's beating of BC. Awesome to see secondary scoring and the team not quit even after blowing a lead and giving up a shorty. Huge huge sweep and a great start to conference play.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Entertaining game last night. Five goals with just one point between 8 & 9, nice to see. 21/17/28 still not flying but contributed a goal. Jozefek and Hampton scored nice goals. Schule, Griffin and Picking created the GWG in OT. Lots to like there. I'm very impressed with Picking and Hampton. Ruck played another quality game. I wished he wouldn't have dropped so quickly on Lohin's goal but he made at least two very strong stops right after that goal too. The guy that had me scratching my head last night was Cockerill. IMO he was out of position way to much for a Senior. On ice for 3 goals and in poor position that helped create some other good chances for Lowell as well. Very good night for Ryan Shea and Eric Williams. Cecere and Owens have been very dependable. I'm looking forward to the next game at BU.

Comment

• i know bu laid an egg against the friars.. but there may have been some let up because of an excellent gm they skated versus a (almost semi pro).. strong denver squad, friday.

huskies should have their hands full with or without sikura.

great wknd.. but it should all be about the practices & special teams this wk leading up to nxt wknd.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Re: Cockerill. His ability to get absolutely blown past on zone entries will never cease to amaze me. He even does it on the penalty kill when he should be thinking about nothing else but not letting people skate past him with the puck. He's not a bad player but he isn't a #1 D. His place should be like what Sauce was on the 15-16 team, but our only other right shot D is Williams, so he has to play where he has to play.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          Re: Cockerill. His ability to get absolutely blown past on zone entries will never cease to amaze me. He even does it on the penalty kill when he should be thinking about nothing else but not letting people skate past him with the puck. He's not a bad player but he isn't a #1 D. His place should be like what Sauce was on the 15-16 team, but our only other right shot D is Williams, so he has to play where he has to play.
                          Thanks so very much for reminding me of the game vs BC last Nov. where, with NU on a 5-on-3 PP, Michael Kim chipped one past Cockerill at the point to score the game winner on a clean breakaway with 23 seconds left. Augggh!!!
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Thanks so very much for reminding me of the game vs BC last Nov. where, with NU on a 5-on-3 PP, Michael Kim chipped one past Cockerill at the point to score the game winner on a clean breakaway with 23 seconds left. Augggh!!!
                            uml could've have had a couple 5x3 short handed goals, were it not for some key saves by ruck.. they did end up having a shortie as we normally cough up (but thankfully we got one for a change ourselves). D not withstanding, work to be done in that aspect.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• ..and, i'd like to add (now that you bought up that bc shortie from last yr).. and after last night's 5x3 breakaway/ s, that, that weakness was not remedied. it happened again.. it has to be consciously looked at by coaches & worked on.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Three things:1.)That play by Kim last year started with a huge hit he laid on Adam Gaudette and finished with Kim scoring the GWG. I thought that was one of the best all around 'hpckey' plays I'd seen a player put together in a long time. Defense, checking, hustle and offensive finish. 2.) He's caught plenty of criticism (and some of it stems from us being goalie-phobic after Rawlings) but I was really pleased with how strongly Ruck played after getting beat on the third goal Saturday night. 3.) Go to the highlights of Saturdays game on the Hockey East site and concentrate on Cockerill.

Comment

Working...
                                X