WCHA Pick 'Em 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Pick 'Em 2017-2018

Time for the WCHA Pick ‘Em, my favorite non-money gambling event of the year. I’m new at this so if I screw up please be gentle in your criticism. Thanks to potternmu for running this last year, I’ll try to keep pace.

Rules are the same as last year:
    3 points for a win (regulation or NCAA OT)
    2 points for a shootout win
    1 point for a shootout loss (or tie in a non conference game that does not utilize a shootout)
    0 points for a loss (regulation or NCAA OT)

For first couple of weeks I will not be including exhibition games, only NCAA-sanctioned games.

Hopefully it's simple (hopefully it works...). Click the link, fill out the form (don’t forget your screen name), submit your picks. I freely admit I “borrowed” this idea from Mar over on the AHC Pick ‘Em thread. A couple tweaks here and there to account for our OT rules and we’re good to go. Besides, a good idea shouldn’t go to waste. Thanks Mar, hope you don’t mind.

Good luck!

Week 1

Make picks for 9/30-10/10 here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...?usp=send_form
    View responses here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1okt.../viewanalytics
    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 09-28-2017, 08:32 PM.

Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2017-2018

Thank you for running this for the season!

Comment

I'll probably put my model against human pickers. The humans will win — I just hope to finish mid-pack.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Thanks for running it this season and for the upgrade. No more cut /paste and/or make bold. SWEET

Though it does not easily allow for a bonus question, not that bonus was always part of the pick em.

Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          Thanks for running it this season and for the upgrade. No more cut /paste and/or make bold. SWEET

Though it does not easily allow for a bonus question, not that bonus was always part of the pick em.

Great job!
          Bonus is pretty straightforward to add. I think I need a couple "standard" weeks under my belt before adding in the in-app purchase.

Comment

I'm in for another year of fun. Thanks for keeping this going Talons.
            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
              I'm in for another year of fun. Thanks for keeping this going Talons.
              For Love and Honor, dude...

Comment

Thanks!
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I'm in. Thanks Talons!
                  MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                  2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I love the new format! Thanks TUPD!

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
                      I love the new format! Thanks TUPD!
                      Appreciate it Potter. Reminder that Tech squares off against the Badgers tomorrow. Get those picks in!

Comment

Standings after the Week 1 first game.

WCHA Pick Em Standings

NMSU_Fan, I got your picks but can't give you the Badger/Tech game since that game had been played.
                        Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 10-01-2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for picking up the contest TUPD, didn't see it before the game yesterday since I was at the Kohl Center. I would have picked the Huskies anyway so no harm no foul.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            I'll probably put my model against human pickers. The humans will win — I just hope to finish mid-pack.

GFM
                            The world anxiously awaits the results of the GFM model's Week 1 picks so get 'em submitted!

In all seriousness, I suspect there's some console time standing in the way which is obviously cool. But in all non-seriousness -- dude, what could possibly go wrong? With all the tax dollars in play I gotta believe that space station thingee can run itself while you tweak your model and crank out your picks! I mean, it's not like it's rocket science...

For the rest of you, this was my attempt at a not-so-clever bump to push the thread to the top of the heap. The season starts in earnest tomorrow. Last chance.

Week 1

Make picks for 9/30-10/10 here: https://goo.gl/forms/hSx3cMliDBxkge6v1
                            Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 10-05-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              The world anxiously awaits the results of the GFM model's Week 1 picks so get 'em submitted!

In all seriousness, I suspect there's some console time standing in the way which is obviously cool. But in all non-seriousness -- dude, what could possibly go wrong? With all the tax dollars in play I gotta believe that space station thingee can run itself while you tweak your model and crank out your picks! I mean, it's not like it's rocket science...

For the rest of you, this was my attempt at a not-so-clever bump to push the thread to the top of the heap. The season starts in earnest tomorrow. Last chance.

Week 1

Make picks for 9/30-10/10 here: https://goo.gl/forms/hSx3cMliDBxkge6v1
                              Am I being picky? You have November 7 as one of the dates for this weeks picks.....just saying
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                              X