This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

With the season about to begin this Saturday (four more days till college hockey everyone!!!), it's time to retire that other thread and start fresh for the season.

So, Jordan Greenway is at the Team USA media summit this week. Is he back yet? If not, will he make it back in time for the game?? He's missing practices. Will that be a bad thing?

Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

um, the offseason isn't closed yet and the season hasn't started.

WAY TO GO AND JINX THE ENTIRE SEASON NOW SCARLET!!!!!!

...this is why WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Given how short these practices are (Saturday is the first day of real practice), I'm guessing the coaches are using them just to see what they have with the new kids. And to see if any early chemistry is apparent among them. Greenway will likely be on the first line for Union, along with Harper and Bobo - that would be my guess for game 1.

So no need to fear Scarlet/Mookie being Scarlet.

BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Union has an alumni reception starting @ 5, where is the best place to park for the game Saturday? The kids are looking forward to seeing some hockey. Hopefully its a decent game, we sure lost a lot of talent.

Comment

It appears the startng time for Saturday is 7:30 which is 30 minutes later than usual starting time
          It is disappointing the hockey east does not appear to have a television deal
          While about 5 teams (including BU) stream home game for free the lack of a deal is disappointing
          Also BC is using ESPN3 to stream home games
          Both the Big Ten and NCHC have a lot of nationally televised games

Comment

Any idea if Saturday's game will be streamed? I have been unable to find any links so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftyFive View Post
              Any idea if Saturday's game will be streamed? I have been unable to find any links so far.
              All of BU's home games are streamed for free. You can find the info at GoTerriers.com.

Comment

Thanks. It's not showing on the schedule, but hopefully they'll add it by Saturday.

Comment

Jersey Numbers

I was entering jersey numbers for the new season in my database and it made me wonder which number has currently been worn the longest. Does anyone know/want to guess:
                  1. which number has currently been worn the longest
                  2. which season it was last not worn
                  3. all the players who have worn it since

I do have one caveat: if a jersey was assigned to a player for a season, but they never dress for that season then I consider the jersey not worn.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Re: Jersey Numbers

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    I was entering jersey numbers for the new season in my database and it made me wonder which number has currently been worn the longest. Does anyone know/want to guess:

I do have one caveat: if a jersey was assigned to a player for a season, but they never dress for that season then I consider the jersey not worn.

Sean

What is the database for? Do you work for the school?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                      What is the database for? Do you work for the school?
                      Team historian like Gordon Edes for the sox

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
                        Union has an alumni reception starting @ 5, where is the best place to park for the game Saturday? The kids are looking forward to seeing some hockey. Hopefully its a decent game, we sure lost a lot of talent.
                        The best spot to park for free if you don't mind walking a couple blocks is on Babcock Street just south of Commonwealth Ave (technically it is in Brookline). All parking is on the northbound side, and as long as you don't leave the car overnight, you will be all set. There are some areas that are marked as No Parking, but generally, you don't have to go very far down the street before you find a spot. That's been my area to park in for more than 20 years.

If you have a few minutes to spare, duck into T' Anthony's Pizzeria at the corner with Comm Ave - it has all the BU sports stuff on the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          The best spot to park for free if you don't mind walking a couple blocks is on Babcock Street just south of Commonwealth Ave (technically it is in Brookline). All parking is on the northbound side, and as long as you don't leave the car overnight, you will be all set. There are some areas that are marked as No Parking, but generally, you don't have to go very far down the street before you find a spot. That's been my area to park in for more than 20 years.

If you have a few minutes to spare, duck into T' Anthony's Pizzeria at the corner with Comm Ave - it has all the BU sports stuff on the walls.
                          Don't leave your car in Brookline past 10 pm or it could technically be towed.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftyFive View Post
                            Thanks. It's not showing on the schedule, but hopefully they'll add it by Saturday.
                            The Agganis Arena website didn't even have a link to purchase tickets to this game until emailed them a couple days ago.

Comment

Re: Jersey Numbers

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                              Oh, if I had more time....

I have to think it is either 3,7, or 9, they seem like popular numbers. I'll guess 7 (Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Rich Alger! )

Separate but similar topic I may have brought up once many moons ago. Is there a number that players have changed from the most? I remember that at one point there were like three guys I could name that had 25 but changed from it. I think Ken Magowan was one, going from 25 to 15. Did Colby Cohen ever change from 25? Dan Lacouture had it, but may have kept it (he wasn't around long anyway...).

Comment

Working...
                              X