X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    It was horrible from a situational awareness standpoint. That play will result in a penalty 100% of the time, thus putting his team down two men. For a captain to make that play is incredibly stupid and sets a terrible example. Whether it's a two or a five is a different argument, but in the college game that hit is called every single time and Hickey has to know that especially when his team is already down a man.
    I haven't seen this play yet, but to be honest, I think Hickey has played pretty poorly and unintelligently this year. I have not been impressed with his on-ice leadership at all. Obviously don't know what he is like in the locker room, at practice, and away from the rink. The last three years, I thought the captains had been doing a great job. I wonder if that has any effect on how the team has done this season.

Comment

The Hickey hit is the toughest call for college refs. Every college player has perfected the art of facing the boards leaning on the toes of your skates and launching into the boards when feeling the contact from behind. I'm not saying it was a dive in this case, it has just gotten so difficult to tell, certainly live. Only the players know how much of a sell job it was because they know if the force they hit the guy with was enough for the impact to the boards. To some extent, I think that if the player is able to get his arms unto cushion the hit into the glass, he was anticipating the hit, and potentially trying to make it look worse.

This hardly EVER gets called in the NHL, I think because the players know better than to put themselves in the position.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
        I gotta say, this BU has me at a loss. Having watched them the first BC game at Conte, they looked fast, breakouts were crisp, their passing was on point, Harper was buzzing around everywhere. The talent and the potential were obvious. Then they've turned back into a pumpkin. I don't know why this team is not able to perform at the upper end of their range on a more regular basis, but no doubt if I were a BU fan, I would be VERY frustrated with this team as many of you clearly are.
        We looked much better against BC because it was an "age appropriate game".
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Wait, UML has a freshman who graduated high school FIVE years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Wait, UML has a freshman who graduated high school FIVE years ago?
            There’s a transfer student, Chris Schutz, eligible for next semester that turns 23 in January. He’s a freshman because he didn’t play at all for his team last season. Is that who you’re referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              Yeah, that would be my thought! Is it not available on demand after the fact? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to go tonight. The streets are fine now but will they be bad at 10 tonight? I can watch the game from home for free. But on the other hand, they lost last night so a 7-goal outburst tonight is ensured.
              Just want to quote myself here. I'm glad I decided to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                Just want to quote myself here. I'm glad I decided to come.
                As soon as they scored that 7th goal, I thought of you and was wondering if you made it in. Here’s hoping they don’t sit back on their heels for the third.

Comment

I guess the win one lose one tradeoff is a slight improvement from the lose two lose two to Northeastern and Minnesota State at the beginning of the season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  Boston University '16
                  University of Michigan '18

Comment

• holy smokes.. you guys truly are a jackeichel & hyde team..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I can’t figure this team out. Gets beat one night, makes Lowell look like a mediocre AHA team the next.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                        I can’t figure this team out. Gets beat one night, makes Lowell look like a mediocre AHA team the next.
                        Maybe the understatement of the year (and since the year is almost over will probably win the UOTY award).

I mean, can anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          As soon as they scored that 7th goal, I thought of you and was wondering if you made it in. Here’s hoping they don’t sit back on their heels for the third.
                          Yeah, it was a pretty easy drive. If they play with that level of commitment all the time, they'd be a really good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            I didn't think back game by game, but I think I have it figured out - when Greenway comes to play, the team plays well. When he is uninspired, the team plays like crap. I don't know which is the cause and which is the effect, but there is definitely a correlation.

Comment

Hard to say that Northeastern isn’t the best team in hockey east right now. Scary thing is that they are only at 12 PWR.

BU’s only realistic chance at a NCAA bid is winning the HEA tournament but if they get their s h I t together on a consistent basis none of these other teams scare me.

Comment

Northeastern beats you one way only, power play. They could be the most dangerous Hockey East team in that regard. But if that's what this league is hanging its hat on, don't think it's gonna end well. The expected top three teams in the league have been a total flop.

Setting up for a great Hockey East title game though where potentially only the winner represents league in NCAAs.

Comment

Working...
                                X