Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2017-18

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Anyone know much about Canisius? Where is Vic with the Pick the Standings contest?
    Doubt pick the standings is happening this year. The first league game is 8 days away. Canisius is 1-1 so far this season, splitting a series with Robert Morris. I sure hope Colton Point can return to action this weekend, he's been really good for us so far.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      Anyone know much about Canisius? Where is Vic with the Pick the Standings contest?
      As I told the fans on the RPI thread, I am not going to run the contest this year. Too much going on. Thanks to all the fans that participated.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        As I told the fans on the RPI thread, I am not going to run the contest this year. Too much going on. Thanks to all the fans that participated.
        OK, thanks Vic. Thank you for all your years of running the contest beautifully.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Kind of quiet around here.

What are people’s thoughts so far?

Losing the lead with under a minute to go last night hurt but overall it looks like there is definitely potential in our sophomore and frosh classes.

Comment

Thought we'd get the win over Canisius. Disappointing. (Did not see or hear game)
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Ughhh, TWO teams from the Buffalo NY area (Canisius & the Buffalo Sabres) erased 2-goal 3rd period deficits last to deny wins to BOTH of the hockey teams I follow (Colgate and the Boston Bruins).

At least we tied and didn't lose in OT.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Not sure Point will be the difference this season. Am thrilled he chose Colgate, but you have to wonder why he wouldn't want to be on Denver's or NoDak's roster instead (to me it's obvious, but I am extremely biased). Untimely penalties, we didn't play the night before, had plenty of rest, and the travel was fair. Losing to the Griffs does not bode well for the season. Not sure why Vaughan was angry; a goal review seemed fair and we received a questionable pp from it. I would never want to deny a player a goal. What is it that Quinnipiac has done, and continues to do so well, that now even makes their young team this season be successful? We're only 6 games in, our PWR is still somewhat respectable at 2-2-2 (though no Ivies have played yet), and we know that seasons can change on a dime. Anxious to see what changes may be made as there is obviously some work to do. As a newer program, ASU gave us fits last year. Hope we can get back in the win column at home.
                Last edited by TchrBill; 10-23-2017, 04:04 PM.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

We did not lose to the Griffins, Tchr Bill. When I saw the Griffins' shot go off the crossbar (at least that's what I thought) and the refs waived off a goal, play proceeded, Peterson scored an ENG and THEN the refs decided to review the Griffins's shot/goal.....and after review said it was a goal, tying the game. I don't know why Coach went ballistic, but I sure would have.
                  I do think Colton will be the difference, and I think the freshmen and sophomores will be our backbone. Go 'Gate!

Comment

We were lucky to have Gate come to WNY this year! My family and I went to the game and it was nice to see the band travel. A fair alumni contingent was present, although it could've been larger if our area had an organizing chapter.

CU13's assessment is correct. The goal was waived off immediately, a good amount of time passed before Colgate's goal, which followed with an odd review. Seemed like we received a rough shake from Atlantic refs. Atlantic games are no longer a night off. Niagara also defeated RPI here this past weekend. Either way, Gate gave the Griffs enough to hang around.

Point had great saves and it was nice to see a Colgate team with some size. Griffs have 7 seniors and they made play physical, which our boys were able to return. We've been watching Colgate hockey as fans for 10+ years. There's balance with this squad that I haven't seen in other years.

Blocked shots by D. The goalie was not left out to dry. Much improved transition game. However....untimely penalties need to be controlled. I used to lose my mind when Darcy Murphy would get these. For a top notch University, the boys need to play smarter.

I'm looking forward to seeing our young team grow. There's promise here that just needs to develop.

Comment

Canisius? Ugh.

Comment

Hello everyone! As you may or may not have seen, vicb is not running the annual ECAC Pick the Standings contest this season. I have decided to take up the torch and run it. I know we are running on rather short notice as the season will start in just four days, but hopefully we can get a decent turnout regardless. If you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Did not mean to state that, guess it was how I was feeling! Thx 4 the correction.
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

In case you didn't notice, there's now a thread for the Colgate Women's Hockey Team via the Women's Div. I forum on this site: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...gate-2017-2018

THE TURNAROUND OF THE COLGATE WOMEN'S HOCKEY PROGRAM

I started chronicling the turnaround of this team on Dec. 20, 2015 on the Colgate Sports Board. Because of the youth of this team, I just kept chronicling it based on my feeling that the best was yet to come. Still feel that way.

LINK TO THE "TURNAROUND" STORY:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/colg...round-t23.html
                            Last edited by Raider Archivist; 10-25-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

There's now a Colgate Women's Hockey Team thread on this site: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...gate-2017-2018

Re: Colgate 2017-2018
                              THE TURNAROUND OF THE COLGATE WOMEN'S HOCKEY PROGRAM

I started chronicling the turnaround of this team on Dec. 20, 2015 on the Colgate Sports Board. Because of the youth of this team, I just kept chronicling it based on my feeling that the best was yet to come. Still feel that way.

LINK TO THE "TURNAROUND" STORY:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/colg...round-t23.html

Comment

looking forward to Arizona State this weekend, they are very big, Cornellesque. They tied Omaha who beat UMass Lowell who was ranked #4 at the time. Their are NO easy games anymore, ie AIC Canisius etc, won't be easy.
                                I've only seen one game so far so I can't comment much except our frosh seem to be fitting in very nicely. Saturday 70 and sunny for football and parents weekend.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X