Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I'm out here with my wife. Was supposed to leave Thursday morning but switched to Wednesday last minute. Didn't end up having to pay change fees since our original flight this morning got cancelled. First time here for me.
    Where are you staying? You need to go see a show while you're there. I recommend the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil. It's awesome.

Comment

Bellagio. Actually just saw Love at mirage. I like the beatles so it was an easy "concession" considering she wanted to go. Now the problem is it's 8:45 and i'm ready for bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Bellagio. Actually just saw Love at mirage. I like the beatles so it was an easy "concession" considering she wanted to go. Now the problem is it's 8:45 and i'm ready for bed.
        Good choice
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I was there tfor the 9:30 show! Amazing!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Saw that, liked it. Didn't love it. Could've been because I saw it the night I got there and we had a 7am flight so I was really tired. I liked the Michael Jackson one better, but really, they're all pretty amazing. Did you get gelato and see the awesome gelato fountain at the Bellagio?? If I hit Powerball this weekend, I want one of those in my house.
            Last edited by Scarlet; 01-05-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Saw that with the wife back in 2008. Really enjoyed the show.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Ha as a matter of fact i did get gelato at bellagio and saw the fountain you're talking about. My wife has been here before so other than the hockey, she's running the show. Hash house a go go up next.

Comment

Ha as a matter of fact i did get gelato at bellagio and saw the fountain you're talking about. My wife has been here before so other than the hockey, she's running the show. Hash house a go go up next.
                  Hash House is a great choice, she's pointing you in the right direction. Eggslut at Cosmo is another great breakfast-y place. If you have time for another show, Absinthe at Caesars is by far the best show I've seen in Vegas. Any local will tell you it kicks the crap out of any Cirque show - many of which are indeed very good. 550 pizza at Aria and Secret Pizza at Cosmo are A+ for pizza, Wynn or Wicked Spoon (Cosmo) for a buffet, Michael Mina at Bellagio for a very nice and not absurdly overpriced dinner, Chandelier Bar (Cosmo - notice a theme on the food/drink options here...) for a cocktail, Beerhaus at The Park for beer selection. And catch a real fountain show or 10 at your hotel, it's tourist trap hell but 100% worth it. Since you're staying at the B, the best time to see the Conservatory is late at night. Very few people there, incredibly peaceful and you have the space to walk and see every little detail they put in there without 85 tourists trying to take pictures. Don't bet the field or hardways on the craps table, don't take the blackjack insurance, and stay away from the slots.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

After that breakfast i might not be eating for the rest of the day. I did find out about that secret pizza place before we came out. Maybe tomorrow. Looking into another show now if something catches her eye.

Comment

I concur about Absinthe. Saw it in June. It’s a fun show.

Comment

These refs don't have a freakin clue right now

Comment

These refs don't have a freakin clue right now
                          Back within 1 @ 3-2. Bad refs or not, BC cannot spend more time in the box.

Let's hope for a comeback tie and win.

Still in period #2.

Lots of time left to take this game. Just get shots on net and play smart.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The penalty shot that shouldn't have been got the ball rolling for tech. Much better 2nd period but couldn't sustain it in the 3rd. Tech did a great job after BC cut it to 4-3. Puck was in BC end for a minute.

Comment

The penalty shot that shouldn't have been got the ball rolling for tech. Much better 2nd period but couldn't sustain it in the 3rd. Tech did a great job after BC cut it to 4-3. Puck was in BC end for a minute.
                              Umm, BC player grabbed puck in the crease, that is absolutely a penalty shot, refs got it 100% correct.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I know covering puck in the crease is but that's not what happened. If "handling" puck in crease is so be it. But i didn't think that was the rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X