No announcement yet.

UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Glad Haider came back. One of the best in the business.
    So true, we are blessed to have him this season. I saw the little girl up there with them, so sweet! It's a shame that Anholt is out for his entire senior year.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      So true, we are blessed to have him this season. I saw the little girl up there with them, so sweet! It's a shame that Anholt is out for his entire senior year.
      Can he medically red shirt? Only played a game or two right.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        I don’t know anything about his specific case, but the 5 years to play 4 still applies. If he didn’t sit out any time of his career thus far, he can apply for a medical red shirt and play next year.

I looked around briefly but couldn’t see what happened to him? Completely season ending?
        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          Absolutely he can! Glad to see Switzer on the ice tonight. I've really been anxious to see him in the line up.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
            I don’t know anything about his specific case, but the 5 years to play 4 still applies. If he didn’t sit out any time of his career thus far, he can apply for a medical red shirt and play next year.

I looked around briefly but couldn’t see what happened to him? Completely season ending?
            ACL, courtesy of the Fighting Hawks.

What an obscure penalty called on Kozun at the end of the first period! He comes out of the penalty box and would have had a breakaway but the ref nails him for touching the puck without both skates on the ice? Never, ever, in the 28 years we have followed UAA hockey, seen that called.
            Last edited by Suze; 10-21-2017, 10:53 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              ACL, courtesy of the Fighting Hawks.

What an obscure penalty called on Kozun at the end of the first period! He comes out of the penalty box and would have had a breakaway but the ref nails him for touching the puck without both skates on the ice? Never, ever, in the 28 years we have followed UAA hockey, seen that called.
              I have never seen anybody try to play the puck from the box.

Comment

Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                I have never seen anybody try to play the puck from the box.
                He was not in the box, lol.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What an absolutely pathetic effort by the Seawolves tonight. The score isn't even close to indicating what kind of a game it was. The Nanooks were winning races and battles all over the ice. I feel so bad for Mantha, he deserves better.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

SOG were sad. At one point it was 24-6 in favor of the Nooks. Even I feel bad for Mantha, he works hard and makes the saves he needs to but gets no help from the defense or offense.

Halfway there for the Gov Cup! Hope to seal the deal in Anchorage in December but I can’t imagine UAA will continue to play the way they did this weekend.

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

I didnt watch the game.

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                        SOG were sad. At one point it was 24-6 in favor of the Nooks. Even I feel bad for Mantha, he works hard and makes the saves he needs to but gets no help from the defense or offense.

Halfway there for the Gov Cup! Hope to seal the deal in Anchorage in December but I can’t imagine UAA will continue to play the way they did this weekend.
                        Yes, the shots were one sided, but your shot keeper also did a very poor job. Either that, or Bruce doesn't recognize a SOG when he sees one. Because what he called a shot by UAA wasn't always recorded as such by your shot counter.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sweep!! I am liking this offense this year, the Leiter - Jandric - Hope line is looking really good. So many great scoring chances tonight, Mantha was definitely on his game in this one. The boys were quick out there tonight and winning the puck battles. I was not impressed by the officiating tonight, not just the lack of calls in the 3rd period (against both teams) but with offsides and dealing with line changes. Looking forward to keep this play going into Bowling Green. If we can get solid, consistent goaltending I think we can do some good things this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Yes, the shots were one sided, but your shot keeper also did a very poor job. Either that, or Bruce doesn't recognize a SOG when he sees one. Because what he called a shot by UAA wasn't always recorded as such by your shot counter.
                            If I had a dollar for every time you complained about shot counts I could retire...
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                              I didnt watch the game.
                              Looks like you and I made a good choice.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nooks win game two of the Governor's Cup 3-2. Mantha once again kept the score close in a game completely dominated by the Nooks.
                                It was fitting that in the pre-game a young man played both the Alaska Flag Song and the National Anthem on the violin…he should have also played The Rains of Castamere.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygcff7xaZfk

Comment

Working...
                                X