Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2017-18 -- Year Three!

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    So the Friday BU game out there is "sold out" apparently, are there ways to obtain tickets through other manners any of you know of without paying the current $100 asking price on Stubhub?
    IIRC one of the rinks they use (The misnamed "Oceanside") has capacity is measured in "hundreds". If you want to make the trip to see the Cacti, that's fine. watch the game on cable and invest the savings!

Comment

So the Friday BU game out there is "sold out" apparently, are there ways to obtain tickets through other manners any of you know of without paying the current $100 asking price on Stubhub?
      Brass - Some times on game day they will sell some additional tickets, but I am unsure of other ways to get tickets, although surprised that they are $100 on stub hub. I knew this would be the case for these games. We have often times this year had to turn away students as there is not enough room to fit them. However, if you do get tickets, my guess is they will be general admission. I would suggest getting in the building when it opens at 6, as it is first come first serve in sections A, B and I think G for the GA tickets.

In reply to HH - We play the majority of our games in Oceanside this season. It is a bad building by D1 standards and holds roughly 750. The sight lines are horrible and the restrooms are weak. But, it is what it is right now. We just heard an announcement on a new 4k seat arena for us is coming soon. We are all eagerly awaiting that day. But nobody, including folks within the program, will defend Oceanside. In fact, everyone is thankful of the support we have received throughout college hockey, minus a few detractors.

I had anticipated these games being played at Gila, but once the Coyotes/Events schedule was announced for that building, we were only able to schedule three games. Thus some very big name programs will be making the trip to Oceanside. Wish there were better news.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
        Brass - Some times on game day they will sell some additional tickets, but I am unsure of other ways to get tickets, although surprised that they are $100 on stub hub.
        I saw tickets for $200 on stub hub.
        Friends and I were able to secure Saturday tickets so we'll be making the trip regardless. Hopefully we'll be able to score Friday night tix as well

Comment

Brass - Some times on game day they will sell some additional tickets, but I am unsure of other ways to get tickets, although surprised that they are $100 on stub hub. I knew this would be the case for these games. We have often times this year had to turn away students as there is not enough room to fit them. However, if you do get tickets, my guess is they will be general admission. I would suggest getting in the building when it opens at 6, as it is first come first serve in sections A, B and I think G for the GA tickets.
          Thanks for this info! Seeing as how the rink is so, shall we say, rudimentary - are there any "other" means to get into the rink such as a back door or anything? I would have no issue standing on the side for the Friday game, but I'd just like to get in the door without paying triple digits. Or, are there anything resembling scalpers or people outside the rink selling extras?
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Thanks for this info! Seeing as how the rink is so, shall we say, rudimentary - are there any "other" means to get into the rink such as a back door or anything? I would have no issue standing on the side for the Friday game, but I'd just like to get in the door without paying triple digits. Or, are there anything resembling scalpers or people outside the rink selling extras?
            I have never seen a scalper there, but that doesn't mean they are not there. The rink is in the middle of nowhere. About as nondescript as you could imagine. One positive is Mill Ave. is very close by and Tempe Marketplace is even closer. So lots of great restaurant options close by. Just nothing onsite. But this was never made with the purpose of being a D1 facility.

Comment

Calling out REVS89.2! I'm sorry but your posts are highly questionable? With all the info you have and share, you sound like an unqualified NCAA Coach who spends the majority of your time texting your players because you fail to gain their confidence as a Coach. Bet I'm right and have proof to share if you should attempt to deny. Go ahead, try me REVS89.2 or should I say Coach P!!
              Last edited by denver; 11-21-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Few news updates from Sun Devil Hockey Land...

Tonight during the coaches show (which can be viewed on the "Sun Devil Hockey" Facebook page), it was announced that ASU HC Greg Powers has been extended through the 2022 season. That is great news for any ASU hockey fan.

Longtime Arizona Republic columnist and now faculty at ASU Paola Boivin wrote a piece on what the new refurbished Sun Devil Stadium will offer. One of those mentioned was an outdoor NCAA hockey game. A wild concept, but would be fun to do. Any takers out there that would want to be our opponent? Link to the story below.

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2017/...devil-stadium/

Arena update from the coaches show. Powers admitted the failed joint venture with the Coyotes slowed down the progress for the arena. But things are back on track and very close to an announcement. Great news!

And progress through 10 games. Last year ASU was 2-8, this year, 2-6-2. A little difference, but a more impressive statistic is ASU was a -28 in goal differential last year and a -10 this year, through 10 games. That is a positive sign. Of course, so heavy hitter still to come on the schedule.

Week off before Penn State visits. Should be fun!
                Hey Coach P, (AKA REVS88.2)

Does this "great news ANNOUNCEMENT" have something to do with all the recent ASU DE-COMMITMENTS? Feel free to share the latest DE-COMMITMENT announcements as you have proudly shared your contract extension through 2022.

Latest announcement - Top ASU Commitments DE-COMMITTING shortly after ASU extends unqualified Coach Powers contract. This is not great news for ASU Hockey players or their fans.

You are in way over your head Coach P and you know it #resigncoachpowers
                Last edited by denver; 11-21-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denver View Post
                  Calling out REVS89.2! I'm sorry but your posts are highly questionable? With all the info you have and share, you sound like an unqualified NCAA Coach who spends the majority of your time texting your players because you fail to gain their confidence as a Coach. Bet I'm right and have proof to share if you should attempt to deny. Go ahead, try me REVS89.2 or should I say Coach P!!
                  Calling me out? Stop by Oceanside and I would love to meet you. Section D, Row 2. Or maybe you can chat with Chris from MTU. We had a nice chat when they were in town a few years back for the Classic. He met my wife as well. And I'm pretty sure he would tell you I'm not part of the program. Season ticket holder? You bet. So take your grudge someplace else. I'm not interested.

Comment

Calling me out? Stop by Oceanside and I would love to meet you. Section D, Row 2. Or maybe you can chat with Chris from MTU. We had a nice chat when they were in town a few years back for the Classic. He met my wife as well. And I'm pretty sure he would tell you I'm not part of the program. Season ticket holder? You bet. So take your grudge someplace else. I'm not interested.
                    Nice try Coach P, Your game has been exposed. No need for such a lame response now, although it made the many who choose to follow you lol hysterically. Your comments below are not of a "season ticket holder" but rather an unqualified coach. Let me guess, you overheard Coach P telling yourself about the "Coyotes/Events schedule while sitting in your Section D, Row 2 along with all the phantom arena plans" right. #resigncoachpowers

"Brass - Some times on game day they will sell some additional tickets, but I am unsure of other ways to get tickets, although surprised that they are $100 on stub hub. I knew this would be the case for these games. We have often times this year had to turn away students as there is not enough room to fit them. However, if you do get tickets, my guess is they will be general admission. I would suggest getting in the building when it opens at 6, as it is first come first serve in sections A, B and I think G for the GA tickets."

"I had anticipated these games being played at Gila, but once the Coyotes/Events schedule was announced for that building, we were only able to schedule three games. Thus some very big name programs will be making the trip to Oceanside. Wish there were better news."

Comment

Wow, I randomly decided to pop in to see what's going on with ASU and stumbled upon the board's best melodrama!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                        Wow, I randomly decided to pop in to see what's going on with ASU and stumbled upon the board's best melodrama!
                        Stay tuned, the best is yet to come The Phantom NCAA Coach P is going to be exposed for what he is and I hope the ASU AD starts paying close attention.

Comment

Who cares
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Who cares
                            That's actually a really good question, thank you for asking.

Who cares>>All the recruits that believed Coach P's bull**** lies and all the future recruits that are considering ASU as a potential option should care. Had this information been made available to the recruits and players prior to their committing, many would have chosen other colleges available to them. Not every player who wants to play NCAA hockey knows this forum exists or how to find it, which is very informative, provided they take the time to do their research. I strongly urge new potential recruits to reach out to existing players as well as the few players who graduated last year.

Comment

That's actually a really good question, thank you for asking.

Who cares>>All the recruits that believed Coach P's bull**** lies and all the future recruits that are considering ASU as a potential option should care. Had this information been made available to the recruits and players prior to their committing, many would have chosen other colleges available to them. Not every player who wants to play NCAA hockey knows this forum exists or how to find it, which is very informative, provided they take the time to do their research. I strongly urge new potential recruits to reach out to existing players as well as the few players who graduated last year.
                              This obsession of yours...unhealthy.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Had this information been made available to the recruits and players prior to their committing...
                                What information?

Comment

Working...
                                X