X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    So I hear tickets for Saturday are a hot commodity right now

In all seriousness, how does the WCHA approach this situation?
    https://techhockeyguide.com/2018/03/...hip-ticketing/

From WCHA:
    Such disparity in models is entirely allowed by WCHA policy. Matt Hodson, WCHA Associate Commissioner of Marketing and Communications, told THG by phone that the WCHA Management Council and the Tournament Committee set a number of tickets that must be made available on consignment to be purchased by the road team’s box office. The road team may do with those consignement tickets as they see fit, and it is up to the home team’s box office to determine what to do with the remaining tickets in terms of distribution. When asked what the minimum consignment was, he confirmed that it was a fixed number (as opposed to a percentage) and said, “It is WCHA policy that I cannot disclose that number.”
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      So I hear tickets for Saturday are a hot commodity right now

In all seriousness, how does the WCHA approach this situation?
      It is obvious that both the WCHA and NMU have handled the situation exceptionally poorly.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        It is obvious that both the WCHA and NMU have handled the situation exceptionally poorly.
        Were there any issues last year? I know they sold out quickly, but I don't remember hearing anything negative about how Tech or the WCHA handled it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          Were there any issues last year? I know they sold out quickly, but I don't remember hearing anything negative about how Tech or the WCHA handled it.

I do remember seeing some BGSU fans disappointed in the secondary market prices. I'm not positive the BGSU allotment sold out, someone else could probably answer that? I'm guessing there were around 200 BGSU fans there last year...I would like to see the league increase the minimum consignment for next season...even though we don't know what that exact number is from the WCHA office.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Well, poorly for everyone except local NMU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              even them...8am on a monday morning? so only retired people and shift workers? ok...

Comment

Even locals waited in line for 3 hours and didn't get tickets, while season ticket holders bought 40 tickets each. Yeah, I think even local NMU fans got screwed on this one. Terrible all around for the league and for NMU. Can't say I'm surprised when it comes to those 2 "fine" institutions...
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I heard that an NMU student could only buy one ticket with his ID and was not allowed to buy any non-student tickets.

Comment

Even locals waited in line for 3 hours and didn't get tickets, while season ticket holders bought 40 tickets each. Yeah, I think even local NMU fans got screwed on this one. Terrible all around for the league and for NMU. Can't say I'm surprised when it comes to those 2 "fine" institutions...
                    Not too sure that it was handled so poorly. NMU in all likelihood didn't put tickets online so that Tech fans didn't try to flood the place. That's why you work all year to get the higher seed. Not a whole lot else they could have done....

Comment

Originally posted by Yoopercat View Post
                      Not too sure that it was handled so poorly. NMU in all likelihood didn't put tickets online so that Tech fans didn't try to flood the place. That's why you work all year to get the higher seed. Not a whole lot else they could have done....
                      It was handled poorly all around. No question. If some people bought 40 tickets, and locals, in line got shut out...not sure how that could be considered a good thing. Those people in line, were NMU fans that got screwed.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Yoopercat View Post
                        I just think this is a conference championship game, more than 150 tickets should at least initially be allotted for the visiting fans...MTU would have more tickets than that under the old format...even in a 6k seat area. I'm not saying it should be 50/50 but this is still a conference tournament game. I'm not sure what the answer is but this seems to be handled poorly. Mitch's Misfits does not appear to have hardly any or any tickets to this event. they brought 20+ students the last 2 weekends to Bemidji and Mankato and have 74 signed up to go to this game...and they have nothing.

Comment

If anything this says alot about the people at NMU, and it says nothing good. They're clearly cowards, scared of having a few opposing fans in their building, and they're willing to screw over their own. Not alot to be proud of at NMU right now.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                            I'm a bit surprised Bitzer didn't get an AHL contract.
                            Height is his hold back right now and he is going to have to prove himself again at the next level. NHL and AHL teams are looking for those 6 foot 3 inch plus goalies, and Bitzer comes in right around 6 feet.

He did get an OT win in his first start in Idaho this past weekend, 17 of 19 shots saved.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Hey guys, let's be honest ... you bust your butts all year long to get the top seeds so you can have these games in your barn. It's a bit unique that this happened on the two teams that are geographically closest to each other and also heated rivals, but if you really wanted to host this game, you'd have won more games during the season. If this were literally any other combination of two teams, there'd be no problems.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Hey guys, let's be honest ... you bust your butts all year long to get the top seeds so you can have these games in your barn. It's a bit unique that this happened on the two teams that are geographically closest to each other and also heated rivals, but if you really wanted to host this game, you'd have won more games during the season. If this were literally any other combination of two teams, there'd be no problems.

GFM
                                Honestly that isn't a valid argument. Tickets should be available online, not only for opposing fans, but your own. In what world is it ok for some season ticket holders to buy 40 tickets, while other fans get none? It wasn't just Tech fans getting screwed, NMU fans were too. Not to mention the fact that some season ticket holders didn't get their tickets because the school sold them to other people already. Just a **** show from a really ****ty institution.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X