• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

UVM should decline power plays

Comment

3 times as many power plays, get scored on 3 of them. You can’t make this stuff up. You really have to wonder what the heck they work on in practice? Or do they not practice anymore - Sneddon to busy doing other things?

My gosh this is painful to sit through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This team keeps finding creative ways to lose
        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
          This team keeps finding creative ways to lose
          Three shorties must be a D1 season record? I won’t name any players by name in a negative manner, but Vlad and Misley are better than at least 6 guys who dress constantly.

Comment

I'm going on another rant on the blog twitter.

One stat I pulled out: In UVM's 20 win seasons - a supposed marker of success - they've won 9 of a possible 33 games against teams that made the NCAA tournament that year.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

That was another embarrassing loss, but thank god we still have Sneddon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
                Locked him down until 2020. Good things ahead!! 😐

Comment

The UVM power play was -2?!?! OMG, you can't make this stuff up! Although Sneddon seems to think they did some good things this weekend, keep in mind, this was UMass. Very discouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
                    Here’s a reminder of the guy Sneddon benched most of this year and likely forced off the team.....
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1yQXSVCyTw#

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      The UVM power play was -2?!?! OMG, you can't make this stuff up! Although Sneddon seems to think they did some good things this weekend, keep in mind, this was UMass. Very discouraging.
                      at this point hes absolutely delusional and probably is saying anything to make it sound like he knows what he's doing. Even if they played harder you got 1 point out of the weekend against a team that has been worse than you last 5 years thanks to Micheletto of course haha but its amazing what actual coaching and people who can ID talent and get it can do!! Wont shock me one bit if VTer Benny Finkelstien is at UMass next year punishing the Cats for 2 more seasons - its like the want nobody to show up and Im sure nobody did because of the football game!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                        I heard some of it too, and I think if you were expecting hot takes you weren't going to find them because like I said before, most don't want to rock the boat. To me, Ryan's point on development isn't wrong per se, but it doesn't excuse the losing or player development. It actually kind of shows that Sneddon and his assistants can't evaluate properly, no? If they see these older players at 21, and are bringing them in and they have already maxed out their ability levels, they should be able to evaluate whether there is room for the player to grow once he suits up for the Cats. Or, if they are older and their ceilings are lower, they should be maximizing their critical development time, or using what would be their "peak" years to their advantage. Put them in the best position to succeed. We don't see that often with this team. The Lowell example is a good one, as they seem to trend for older players and have found a winning formula. Maybe they are getting the "better" ones, but statistically, Lowell's top guys produce for 4 years, or at least more as they use their eligibility. You're either a good recruiter who can bring in talent no matter where you are/do so in the face of "challenges", or you're a good developer who can take guys who might get passed over/are older and turn them into something. I honestly can't say I know if Sneddon is either one of those things.

To me, it's the record in league play which as the numbers show hasn't been good, and that the teams that have made changes to their staffs have all surpassed UVM in quality, while there was a hard crash into the bottom for UVM, and it's stayed there. Nobody is asking you to be BC - at least I'm not, but is it too much to ask you to be Lowell? Northeastern? Maine this year? I really don't think it's out of the realm to expect a NCAA bid every 1-2 seasons or more trips to the HEA semis, as you said. If I felt that was the direction they're going in, I'd feel better about it all. I don't see it tough, and that's why it's very difficult to be on board with the current leadership of the team.
                        yes agree but to me the media covering for the team and not also presenting what is clearly the other side and the case of that Sneddon is ruining the program and that this move signals total not commitment to the premire sport on campus is doing disservice to their listener or readers!

Also Lisa GREAT rant I clicked your twitter link and read LOVE it!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                          yes agree but to me the media covering for the team and not also presenting what is clearly the other side and the case of that Sneddon is ruining the program and that this move signals total not commitment to the premire sport on campus is doing disservice to their listener or readers!

Also Lisa GREAT rant I clicked your twitter link and read LOVE it!!!!!
                          21 year olds maxing out athletic potential is the biggest crock of you know what excuse I have ever heard. Look at unions roster when the won. If anyone believes that including Ted we are really in for a long agonizing run

Comment

“The loyal supporters will always be there because they care about the program” – Kevin Sneddon Jan 10, 2018

I think this sentence sums up what’s wrong with the program perfectly. The words drip with entitlement and taking the fans for granted. If you truly believe your fans will be there for you no matter what, how can that not – either consciously of sub-consciously – have an impact on how hard you try to be successful? Why put in 110% effort to be successful if you believe only 80% is enough to keep your loyal fans? Assuming Schulman thinks the same way, why go through the hassle of replacing a coach when you can take the path of least resistance and still sell a lot of tickets?

My season tickets cost me $1,752 this year. Each summer I pay for my tickets, trusting the team and athletic department will do everything they can to put a quality product on the ice. What has transpired over the last couple months is a violation of my trust. The season tickets have been in my family since the mid-to-late 70’s (think about that…. the 70’s!!). The thought of someone else sitting in our seats makes me sick to my stomach, but how can I justify spending my hard earned money on tickets, concessions, 50/50 raffles, and donations to UVM athletics if the current regime isn’t fully committed to living up to their end of the bargain and going the extra mile to be successful?

Not showing up and not buying tickets isn’t about punishing the players. It’s about consumers using the strongest asset they have (their money) to “vote” for what they like or don’t like. If we continue to blindly spend our money no matter what, things will never change. At this point, I don’t see UVM athletics getting any more of my money for a long time. Its like a previous poster said, they don’t need to show me they’ll always be successful, but they do need to show me they’re trying to succeed… not just going through the motions and hoping to succeed.

I will always be loyal in the sense that I’m not about to jump ship and become a Dartmouth or UNH fan. I’m a UVM alum and former UVM athlete so that will never happen, but to assume I’ll blindly fork over my money to an administration that doesn’t feel the need to earn it is total lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Catatonic View Post
                              “The loyal supporters will always be there because they care about the program” – Kevin Sneddon Jan 10, 2018

I think this sentence sums up what’s wrong with the program perfectly. The words drip with entitlement and taking the fans for granted. If you truly believe your fans will be there for you no matter what, how can that not – either consciously of sub-consciously – have an impact on how hard you try to be successful? Why put in 110% effort to be successful if you believe only 80% is enough to keep your loyal fans? Assuming Schulman thinks the same way, why go through the hassle of replacing a coach when you can take the path of least resistance and still sell a lot of tickets?

My season tickets cost me $1,752 this year. Each summer I pay for my tickets, trusting the team and athletic department will do everything they can to put a quality product on the ice. What has transpired over the last couple months is a violation of my trust. The season tickets have been in my family since the mid-to-late 70’s (think about that…. the 70’s!!). The thought of someone else sitting in our seats makes me sick to my stomach, but how can I justify spending my hard earned money on tickets, concessions, 50/50 raffles, and donations to UVM athletics if the current regime isn’t fully committed to living up to their end of the bargain and going the extra mile to be successful?

Not showing up and not buying tickets isn’t about punishing the players. It’s about consumers using the strongest asset they have (their money) to “vote” for what they like or don’t like. If we continue to blindly spend our money no matter what, things will never change. At this point, I don’t see UVM athletics getting any more of my money for a long time. Its like a previous poster said, they don’t need to show me they’ll always be successful, but they do need to show me they’re trying to succeed… not just going through the motions and hoping to succeed.

I will always be loyal in the sense that I’m not about to jump ship and become a Dartmouth or UNH fan. I’m a UVM alum and former UVM athlete so that will never happen, but to assume I’ll blindly fork over my money to an administration that doesn’t feel the need to earn it is total lunacy.
                              And it's the complete opposite of the kind of stuff you hear from other UVM coaches like Becker or Dow.

Comment

Originally posted by Catatonic View Post

Very well said! I will join you not renewing my season tickets as well....

Just plum crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X