X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
    Nevermind. Harmon looked good though! [emoji52]
    Can’t even beat Brown. Came out unprepared. Agree Harmon was good.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      Schulman's first call should be to Marty. If he want's the job it's his.
      As much as I love Marty...would rather have someone with some coaching experience, tbh. That's why I've been hyping Ducharme. Top ten all time in UVM points + a proven track record winning and developing players in the Q.
      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Nevermind. Harmon looked good though! 😐
        The thing that impressed me most about Harmon was his composure. He had some jitters but remained calm most of the game, positioning was also pretty good. Also had a hell of a pass in OT lol

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
          The thing that impressed me most about Harmon was his composure. He had some jitters but remained calm most of the game, positioning was also pretty good. Also had a hell of a pass in OT lol
          Frechette also looked really good to me. Is Sneddon teaching the basic neutral and D-zone coverage expectations to these guys though? Does he even understand what those are?

Comment

Frechette also looked really good to me. Is Sneddon teaching the basic neutral and D-zone coverage expectations to these guys though? Does he even understand what those are?
            One group I thought was really good tonight was the O'Neil, Petruzzelli, Cowans line. I felt like they were ALWAYS in the offensive zone.

Comment

felt the game was hard fought and some bright spots from a few of the lines and Harmon and the Frenchette player but results are results and this team can't even beat Brown and needed the overturning of what was a illegal goal to even make sure they got a point...like i said there are decent takaways but this is still Brown and UVM cant beat them!! I know Brown is a lot better but still not okay and i dont want always play on the negative here but when the most read and respect hockey writer in the states article from last night read like it should be a trophy they got a point off of Brown it says a whole lot to me about a lot of things! it ether says that Ryan is covering for Sneddon which he has done for years or that UVM simply do not care and will keep allowing this nightmare season and more of them to continue with the man in charge!

To be simple fact that Brown Maine UMass and UConn are better and it shows is enought said! UVM can take its break come back and lose to Harvard beat a St Lawrence team that is terrible then what from there out theyll be lucky to even win 4 more games would love to take positives from last night but you are what record says you are and you can't be better than Brown!! Fire Sneddon!
              Also no way Marty St Louis coaches he shown no interest and my bet is he never does coach why should he that is a quick way to ruin legacy if it doesnt work! Mary can be on the sales pitch committee but they better not make it like last times when they hire Sneddon over Roger Grillo Marty was ****ed at the school for a long time because of that! I more ****ed to read evidence that the school pick Sneddon over Jeff Jackson though - this job will get many top people going after it because it is a great job with big potential that Sneddon has squandered after he had all momentum in the world the key is for Schulman to put personal friendship to the sides and make the right choice for the future and get a comittee of smart people to make the call and get someone good because ther are a lot out there just look at some recent college hockey hires and how theyve changed it around quickly!!

Comment

It is very telling that the incoming freshman consistently take playing time away from the upperclassman

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                  felt the game was hard fought and some bright spots from a few of the lines and Harmon and the Frenchette player but results are results and this team can't even beat Brown and needed the overturning of what was a illegal goal to even make sure they got a point...like i said there are decent takaways but this is still Brown and UVM cant beat them!! I know Brown is a lot better but still not okay and i dont want always play on the negative here but when the most read and respect hockey writer in the states article from last night read like it should be a trophy they got a point off of Brown it says a whole lot to me about a lot of things! it ether says that Ryan is covering for Sneddon which he has done for years or that UVM simply do not care and will keep allowing this nightmare season and more of them to continue with the man in charge!

To be simple fact that Brown Maine UMass and UConn are better and it shows is enought said! UVM can take its break come back and lose to Harvard beat a St Lawrence team that is terrible then what from there out theyll be lucky to even win 4 more games would love to take positives from last night but you are what record says you are and you can't be better than Brown!! Fire Sneddon!
                  Also no way Marty St Louis coaches he shown no interest and my bet is he never does coach why should he that is a quick way to ruin legacy if it doesnt work! Mary can be on the sales pitch committee but they better not make it like last times when they hire Sneddon over Roger Grillo Marty was ****ed at the school for a long time because of that! I more ****ed to read evidence that the school pick Sneddon over Jeff Jackson though - this job will get many top people going after it because it is a great job with big potential that Sneddon has squandered after he had all momentum in the world the key is for Schulman to put personal friendship to the sides and make the right choice for the future and get a comittee of smart people to make the call and get someone good because ther are a lot out there just look at some recent college hockey hires and how theyve changed it around quickly!!
                  Hard to argue with anything you said. I absolutely agree with your conclusions. It’s very sad that many have begun to measure the outcomes against mediocrity. BC, Boston, UMass - sure don’t. You win - that’s what counts.

#FireSneddon

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                    It is very telling that the incoming freshman consistently take playing time away from the upperclassman
                    And they're still not at full strength, Dzhioshvili hasn't played yet

(the freshmen I mean)
                    Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                      Statistics for Reference:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/team/Vermont/55

Couple of interesting Notables:

- Colton 10 goals (now has 2 assists). 7 of which were on the power play. Don’t want to complain about his goals as we need them, but seems like he could make himself more dangerous by creating opportunities for others (obviously while still picking and choosing key times to shoot).
                      - 8 Upperclassmen have 10 games or more, only 2 have less than 10 games. Blanleil and Best? Blanleil is an Assistant; must not be as well liked as the Captain. Best, a goal in 3 games - is he hurt?
                      - 8 Freshmen have 10 games or more, again only 2 have less than 10 (Harmon and Frechette who both looked solid last night).
                      - 2nd leading scorer is O’Donnell at D. We need someone like that to continue trying to help put the game on their back. But the forwards and his D partner on ice with him need to obviously cover his back as he’s on the ice for a lot of goals against.
                      - Lekkas or Harmon? Isn’t this a similar replay of how Lekkas replaced Santa? While only one game, I sure hope we see Lekkas back in the twine.

Net-Net: Upperclass vs Freshmen doesn’t really matter to me if there is production. However we are NOT winning games. Experience is lacking, clearly development is lacking - and as I’ve said before, these guys come in with good pedigrees. Over the course of time the player’s skill under Sneddon doesn’t improve, but worsens due to poor development plans - thus, he goes with the new shiny objects (Freshmen). It’s a cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Play$Maker View Post
                        - 8 Freshmen have 10 games or more, again only 2 have less than 10 (Harmon and Frechette who both looked solid last night).
                        3, because Dzhioshvili hasn't played yet.

As for Lekkas or Harmon...I'd say Harmon's earned himself some more reps. I'm just annoyed it took this long. Stef looked like he needed a breather a month ago. That being said it does look like goaltending for this team is at least decent.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                          3, because Dzhioshvili hasn't played yet.

As for Lekkas or Harmon...I'd say Harmon's earned himself some more reps. I'm just annoyed it took this long. Stef looked like he needed a breather a month ago. That being said it does look like goaltending for this team is at least decent.
                          Fair points!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                            Are you fn serious? UML had done nothing prior to Bazin and Providence was in the doldrums for years. Both are excelling after bringing legit coaching. Watching UML BU game tonight and it is like a division above us. Lastly our best games were against CC and game 2 v Michigan and since then, as typical of Sneddon teams, we have gotten worse.
                            Yes I am serious. 44 years of D1 and three coaches, all of whom have a sub-.500 record (not counting Cross' record in D2). That's a lot of history. Obviously a good coach makes a difference, and maybe the next one will be a good one, but until they renovate the Gut, this is an average program at best. And recruiting will always be an issue for UVM. We are the Hockey version of Mississippi State Football. BTW - I am not a Sneddon fan, I agree he should be gone.

Comment

My best bet (or fondest hope) is that they see no benefit of firing him mid-season when there isn't another viable, obvious option available. Probably let him play out the year, finish his contract, then fire him when coaches start to shuffle and there is someone available they can jump on. That's my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
                                My best bet (or fondest hope) is that they see no benefit of firing him mid-season when there isn't another viable, obvious option available. Probably let him play out the year, finish his contract, then fire him when coaches start to shuffle and there is someone available they can jump on. That's my hope.
                                Hate to say this, but since this season is pretty much shot anyway, I kinda hope the team does no better during the second half. That may be enough incentive for Schulman to actually do something.

Comment

Working...
                                X