UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Pluses aren't given out for power play goals.
    I realize that...what I mean is that the +/- statistic is about the worst stat in all of sports in gauging an athlete’s performance. There have been tons of extensive and statistically rich explanations as to why, but Colton is a great example. Another...Sidney Crosby is currently a -8. Ovechkin...-1. Two of the very best franchise players in the NHL.

Comment

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
      I realize that...what I mean is that the +/- statistic is about the worst stat in all of sports in gauging an athlete’s performance. There have been tons of extensive and statistically rich explanations as to why, but Colton is a great example. Another...Sidney Crosby is currently a -8. Ovechkin...-1. Two of the very best franchise players in the NHL.
      Also true, and why I tend to value possession metrics more.
      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Kind of surprising that with 10 goals, Colton still doesn't have a single assist. I don't know, a tribute to the ineptitude of the line-mates he's been paired with, or perhaps a sign of selfishness, or something else completely?

Comment

I agree +/- is a useless stat and only those that do not understand game look at it. Faceoff stat is underrated...a good face off player can solve many shortcomings on team

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            Kind of surprising that with 10 goals, Colton still doesn't have a single assist. I don't know, a tribute to the ineptitude of the line-mates he's been paired with, or perhaps a sign of selfishness, or something else completely?
            Don't mean to imply selfishness is bad. Guys should be shooting, especially Colton.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              I write for SB Nation, and one of the guys from Raw Charge keeps telling me "tell Colton it's okay to pass" lol
              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Plea to AD Schulman - Please fire Sneddon and his staff. It’s embarrassing to see what we put on the ice.

Even the players are frustrated - just have to watch the first period tonight and see all the BS, instead of playing the game.

#CampaigntoFireSneddon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                  I write for SB Nation, and one of the guys from Raw Charge keeps telling me "tell Colton it's okay to pass" lol
                  Let’s try.....Bowen, Colton, Kaufman. First 2 assists of the season for Ross tonight. Maine’s breakout was predictable the entire weekend, Sneddy didn’t seem to see it. He’s a flat-footed coach. No agility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play$Maker View Post
                    Plea to AD Schulman - Please fire Sneddon and his staff. It’s embarrassing to see what we put on the ice.

Even the players are frustrated - just have to watch the first period tonight and see all the BS, instead of playing the game.

#CampaigntoFireSneddon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    FYI, I tweeted Schulman this week with my thoughts about Sneddon, and anyone else who thinks he needs to go should do the same. @uvmadschulman
                    Last edited by UVM Cat in Texas; 12-02-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      FYI, I tweeted Schumann this week with my thoughts about Sneddon, and anyone else who thinks he needs to go should do the same. @uvmadschulman
                      I dont use twitter glad you did that! Schulman knows the common fan is restless and wants a change he has to see season tix droppin in droves - lots of the people here who say UVM always a .500 program are exactly the fan Sneddon wants and I just think that is so BS and what was done in the past has no impact on the future anyone should know that!! only judged on the good and not a lot of it Schulman needs to not burden the school with money on this guys contract let him go! Needs real pressure I hope those bigwigs turning how can they like what we all watch?
                      WE have had enough - fire Sneddon!

Comment

Ripcord officially pulled on this season. Time for change!!
                        Last edited by GreenCat; 12-02-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I did post that UVM is historically a .500 program. Those are the facts. But we do have a right to expect better. The effort and on-ice results are not there this year, and it doesn't look like things will get any better. The natives are restless, and Schulman knows that. Probably time for Sneddon to be fired.

Comment

As a Maine fan who wanted Tim gone before he was even hired as full time coach(He was interim when Shawn passed) be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Sneddon needs to go before Lekkas leaves because he's sick of getting hung out to dry.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                                I did post that UVM is historically a .500 program. Those are the facts. But we do have a right to expect better. The effort and on-ice results are not there this year, and it doesn't look like things will get any better. The natives are restless, and Schulman knows that. Probably time for Sneddon to be fired.
                                It is true but at least you know we should expect better because we've SEEN better from this program - and even though people try and say big difference I tell them the basketball team was historically .500 and worse until 15 years ago yes a lot of luck of Coppenrath but they set new standards and are still good and Im glad they did because they are great to watch! Hockey is the big dog here and expectations should be raised not lowered or not cared for because of a coach who cant get the job done. tides are turning and even the Sneddon defenders are quiet here wonder if the coach himself is actually feeling the hot seat?

Comment

Working...
                                X