Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    He did, but the rest of his game was fine. Michel misplayed them as much as him, especially the first one. Even with those plays he only gave up three goals.
    3 goals to what appears to be a bad Lowell team.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

True dat, Maine hasn't beaten a good team yet. (They only improved to #50 KRACH with today's win.)

But it's still early, and there's *some* hope yet. Swayman will be absolutely essential in that equation.

BU ain't great-shakes so far either, but 3 points next weekend would be a major step in the right direction at this point.

Comment

We know no captain but the captain in the North whose name is Montgomery.

If this season were a ride at Disneyland it would be an E ticket.

This was a milestone win for Maine. 10th win on the road in the Red Gendron Era. 10-49-9 (.213)

Road wins: UMass (3)
        UNH, Merrimack (2)
        Notre Dame, Vermont, Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          We know no captain but the captain in the North whose name is Montgomery.

If this season were a ride at Disneyland it would be an E ticket.

This was a milestone win for Maine. 10th win on the road in the Red Gendron Era. 10-49-9 (.213)

Road wins: UMass (3)
          UNH, Merrimack (2)
          Notre Dame, Vermont, Lowell
          Quite the resume for RG on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Quite the resume for RG on the road.
            Well, I fully expected to be 9-50-9 after today's game, didn't you..?

Too many Debbie Downers on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Well, I fully expected to be 9-50-9 after today's game, didn't you..?

Too many Debbie Downers on this thread.
              Well I expected a ROAD WIN some time this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Well I expected a ROAD WIN some time this season.
                I expected three. Two more at UMass and one at Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  I expected three. Two more at UMass and one at Brown.
                  Well, Brown,maybe.

Comment

Maine will be in the NCAA Tourney this season. You heard it here first!

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      Maine will be in the NCAA Tourney this season. You heard it here first!
                      Kindly pass that blunt this way, my brother!

Comment

I'm encouraged. They've scored 4 goals in 4 of 8 gamess. They had 5 in a game 6 times all of last yr and only 3 the entire year for 2015-16. This is positive development. And they're only shooting 10.8 percent which isn't so great as to suggest he goal totals are a mirage.

Pucks going in the net there's gotta be something good going on.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          I'm encouraged. They've scored 4 goals in 4 of 8 gamess. They had 5 in a game 6 times all of last yr and only 3 the entire year for 2015-16. This is positive development. And they're only shooting 10.8 percent which isn't so great as to suggest he goal totals are a mirage.

Pucks going in the net there's gotta be something good going on.
                          What confounds me is how bad they play one night then turn around and play like a ranked team the next...and they need to upgrade the PK...can't hover around 60% PK time and not expect to be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            What confounds me is how bad they play one night then turn around and play like a ranked team the next...and they need to upgrade the PK...can't hover around 60% PK time and not expect to be down.
                            I think the PK has gotten a lot better as the season has gone on. Maine didn't look horrible Friday, it was just a couple individual bonehead plays that cost them. I'm actually surprised and pleased with just how well Maine actually looked this weekend overall. If Maine can win one of the next three they'll be right where I hoped they would be and will have put themselves in great position to have a .500 season, which I would view as a positive step forward.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I think the PK has gotten a lot better as the season has gone on. Maine didn't look horrible Friday, it was just a couple individual bonehead plays that cost them. I'm actually surprised and pleased with just how well Maine actually looked this weekend overall. If Maine can win one of the next three they'll be right where I hoped they would be and will have put themselves in great position to have a .500 season, which I would view as a positive step forward.
                              100% agree. They've played fairly well in the past five, unfortunately they're 2-3 in those games. With a easier stretch of schedule perhaps they would be 5-0. Suprised to say they left 2 points on the table this weekend at Lowell, but I think we caught them at a good time. Bazin will have them playing much better come January. BU has struggled so far, I think they could be vulnerable, and the boys have two weeks to prepare for them. A three point weekend would go a long way especially with the Ireland trip looming.

Comment

Thoughts on the team so far.
                                -They're better than I expected. Tralmaks is an absolute gem. Keeper is a nice player. Doherty is a great role player with a scoring touch.
                                -Pearson looks a little off. Don't know if it's the C on his jersey or what. He had a good game yesterday but still waiting for him to find the back of the net.
                                -Swayman is the goalie. McGovern isn't a bad goalie but Swayman looks like the real deal and the goalie of the future. I understand not rushing him along but if he's comfortable I say ride him.
                                -They play hard. Since the whipping they took from Miami, they have turned in 5 good performances.
                                -They lack a true scorer. (Tralmaks is probably the guy but he's not quite ready yet)
                                -Are we going to keep the 7 defensemen look? Is Muehlbauer really a better choice than Binner on the blue line? Muehlbauer is pretty solid defensively but he is useless in the offensive zone.
                                -They're not the worst team in Hockey East. Shocked to say this but Maine is better than Lowell and I don't think Lowell is all that bad. We're they are at in the standings right now is probably where they will stay and that would be a major step in the right direction.
                                -Don't get wrapped up in the Pairwise or KRACH. Maine isn't making the tournament, let's set realistic goals,(Mid-pack finish in Hockey East, make it to the garden) to measure the teams success
                                -Overall, it was another solid weekend. They left points on the table and the drumming yesterday was them showing it. When they score and bury their chances early, they're tough to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X