Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Yeah, I actually knew that plus I was chatting with Coach Elander the other day. Don't know where my brain was going with that one, these "senior moments" are really starting to tick me off with how often they happen anymore!
    Hey, I can definitely relate to the senior moments! My wife reminded me a while back that in another year and change I will be able to order off those senior menus (55 & over) at restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      Agree on Steve Miller being an upgrade when it comes to defense and penalty kill. There's one more facet that will begin appearing next year, his connections in the BCHL and western Canada. We haven't recruited that league since shortly after John Markell left the program. Coach Miller has all kinds of good connections out there and a couple guys will be in next season and a couple more good ones are in the pipeline.

I also think JB Bittner is adding to this program, spreading his all out attitude. Every time Mason Jobst blocked another shot against Miichigan a couple of series ago I kept thinking of JB and the CCHA tourney OSU won.

I still have one big question remaining regarding the NCAA tournament. I am still trying to decide whether the B1G has some phenomenal goaltenders this season or whether it's a group of teams that sometimes have trouble scoring. If it's great goaltending than it wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of B1G teams in the frozen four (and I have a favorite).

This season has been a big step forward for both the men and the women. For the first time in my life I can let the thought of one or both of them winning a national title and not having to correct myself a couple seconds later for being dumb as a rock.

Keep it going.
      Totally agree on that next to last sentence. It's great to finally have that thought cross my mind and it's legit for the first time in my life! Both our men's and women's teams have shown that they can play with and beat any team in the country, and I believe this is just the beginning for both. The future is bright for both of OSU's Hockey Programs!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        Totally agree on that next to last sentence. It's great to finally have that thought cross my mind and it's legit for the first time in my life! Both our men's and women's teams have shown that they can play with and beat any team in the country, and I believe this is just the beginning for both. The future is bright for both of OSU's Hockey Programs!
        Watch the university screw it all up with a under 5000 seat arena!

Comment

Don't get me started! OMG, you wouldn't believe the rumor I heard over the weekend ... here goes ... the guys are staying in the Schott and they are going to build a new 1,200 seat arena (attached to the Schott) for the women. It's almost like they are trying to mess with our minds so that we end up being happy with what would be a grossly undersized 4,000 seat arena.

Comment

That is the ohio state way....
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              That is the ohio state way....
              The Ohio State way is to kick everybody's butts in football every year and then give some thought to the other sports.
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-28-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

The Ohio State way is to kick everybody's butts in football every year and then give some thought to the other sports.
                Yeah, this!! If it's about football or hoops, they find the money. If it has anything to do with our hockey programs, it's "We don't have the money." I try to stay away from this topic, I really do. Sorry, but I gotta keep it real. Incapable of sugarcoating.

Comment

Certainly a good way to start post season hockey tonight. Need to string together seven more wins and I'll be happy.

Comment

Very good news for the program, we've advanced to 5th place in the Pairwise.
                    A strong finish or winning the B1G Tournament could advance us to our first ever #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament!

Comment

So, if we advance who do you feel more comfortable us playing next? The possibility of beating Michigan 5 times in a season is enticing but they are a MUCH better team now than they were earlier in the season and are always dangerous.

Comment

Heard last night that Hein is out with a back injury from last weekend but will barring complications should be good to go next week if we advance.
                        Speaking of injuries, how about the linesman last night who took that puck to the mouth in the 1st and didn't return?

Comment

Heard last night that Hein is out with a back injury from last weekend but will barring complications should be good to go next week if we advance.
                          Speaking of injuries, how about the linesman last night who took that puck to the mouth in the 1st and didn't return?
                          he probably spent the day at the OSU dental clinic.

Now I have a rumor for you to look into with your folks regarding the new arena, and it came from someone who has always been truthful and correct with me. Is there a stipulation in the women's coach's contract that OSU must announce plans for a new facility within three years of her signing or her contract is void? That would be April of 2019. If that's correct then I feel good about getting something underway soon. Not sold on the attachment to the Schott, but I have always felt that the men were not going to leave the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                            he probably spent the day at the OSU dental clinic.

Now I have a rumor for you to look into with your folks regarding the new arena, and it came from someone who has always been truthful and correct with me. Is there a stipulation in the women's coach's contract that OSU must announce plans for a new facility within three years of her signing or her contract is void? That would be April of 2019. If that's correct then I feel good about getting something underway soon. Not sold on the attachment to the Schott, but I have always felt that the men were not going to leave the building.
                            I can't say my contacts are good with the women's program and one of the people I know who was a good source retired a couple of years ago. osualum86 seems to be familiar with the women's program, perhaps he'd know?

Comment

Last night when we had the 4 on 1 rush up ice is saw our line was a little ragged approaching the blue line and I was saying to myself over & over "Don't be offside..don't be offside" and of COURSE they were offside. Would have LOVED to seen how that would have played out if we were legal entering the zone!

Comment

Well looking right now we're #4 in the pairwise. Not all games are done yet this weekend so it may not last but it's sure nice to see regardless!

Comment

Working...
                                X