Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    If we went winless the next two weekends Michigan could pass us by a point if they swept Notre Dame next weekend but 6 points is their limit as their last weekend is non-conference against Arizona State.
    Again, if we went winless, Minnesota could pass us by 4 points if they swept the next two weekends. Nobody else can catch us.
    So all we need is 5 points to lock in 2nd place as Klbaum pointed out. We did with Saturday's win however clinch a First round home playoff series to be played at the Schott!
    As it stands we better be ready to play Sparty again and with a LOT more effort than the last game we played them!
    Subsequent playoffs if we advance will be at Nationwide Arena.
    A regulation win or 2 ties with shoot out win in one next weekend takes care of 2nd place Anything less than that they will need to beat Wisconsin the last weekend to get 2nd place.
    Last edited by klbaum1077; 02-11-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      A regulation win or 2 ties with shoot out win in one next weekend takes care of 2nd place Anything less than that they will need to beat Wisconsin the last weekend to get 2nd place.
      With the exception of the Michigan State series where we didn't play particularly well in either game, this team has been playing some pretty good hockey lately. I like our chances to finish second in the league and host the first two rounds of the BIG Ten Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        With the exception of the Michigan State series where we didn't play particularly well in either game, this team has been playing some pretty good hockey lately. I like our chances to finish second in the league and host the first two rounds of the BIG Ten Tournament.
        Which as things stand means Michigan State again. We'd better play them a LOT better than the last time!

Comment

No predictions on my part but of course a sweep of the Gophers would be very nice.
          I'm looking forward to seeing if Dakota will be suited up.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            With the exception of the Michigan home series, Minnesota has been playing some pretty good hockey lately. 4-0 even in their last 4 road games and 5-1 overall in their last 6.

Combine that with OSU playing well, and the series being in Minnesota closing any gap that there may be, I'd bet this weekend's matchup between our two teams could be both the most competitive and exciting and closely matched series, but its two Top Ten ranked teams going at it as well. And to think that 2 years ago many were claiming the B1G was a horrible mistake and had destroyed college hockey for all those directly involved and made it worse for many other's indirectly affected by it. But how here we are, with the #2 ranked team and 2 additional Top 10 teams, and a very slim chance of getting 5 teams into the tourney as well. I think its great!!! Go B1G!!!

Heck, I'd be fine with a split, but LOVE the idea of a Gopher sweep making you guys EARN that 2nd place next weekend by having to beat UW, twice!!

With a split, I believe all you then need is a single win vs UW, right?

So my prediction for this weekend are a Gopher win tonight, and then I have NO CLUE tomorrow, the only thing I do know is it will NOT be a Gopher blow out win. Could be an OSU blowout win, that's kind of UMn's pattern this season. A close win followed by a blowout loss. But last weekend vs UW was encouraging and I hope the Gophers are over and done with that Jekyll & Hyde Goofy crap. I'd almost rather have 2 OT losses than a close win and a blowout loss, just because it would show that we're playing consistently, and OSU is no slouch, so 2 close losses wouldn't be the end of the world.

But, if anything, I just hope its a weekend of good entertaining hockey, and that no one gets injured and that the refs call a good balanced game!!
            Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-16-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks Fred. Like I said, no predictions on my part but as far as good calls by the refs? Depends on which refs. When we were in the CCHA the head ref Piotrowski HATED us and then he's made head of B1G officiating. It just seems that when we have certain former CCHA refs at our games some calls are suspect.
              If you want REALLY bad refereeing just watch when the USA women play Canada, it's the bad calls and non calls that always cost us the game!

Comment

Thanks Fred. Like I said, no predictions on my part but as far as good calls by the refs? Depends on which refs. When we were in the CCHA the head ref Piotrowski HATED us and then he's made head of B1G officiating. It just seems that when we have certain former CCHA refs at our games some calls are suspect.
                If you want REALLY bad refereeing just watch when the USA women play Canada, it's the bad calls and non calls that always cost us the game!
                Well, I think the USA women are good enough to overcome bad referring, eventually. I was not too upset about losing that first game to Canada, as the US has won THAT early game before only to get beat in the Gold Medal game, more than once I believe? Just bums me out we have might have to play Finland again, hate seeing former Gophers trying to score goals on a former Gopher goalie, just seems wrong somehow, lol. I'm really hoping this is the year they finally do it and win Gold again.

Now as for refs? Well, the refs called a really screwy game in our Wisconsin series, and the announcers were even making a big deal out of it and for homer Gopher announcers to basically say the refs were making tons of bad calls, but that more of them were against the Badgers really says something, lol. Hopefully we have a different crew this weekend, and if you are correct about the former CCHA refs, well, hopefully we don't get them either, cept they might hate an old WCHA program even more than your Buckeyes? lol So they might call it closer to even?

But this season is what I was envisioning when I first heard about the BTHC coming into being. And the NHLPA is looking into helping another program start up. 7 candidates, Illinois was first among those 7. That'd be nice, someone MSU can beat, lol.

Comment

So, does ANY Ohio State fan know what's going on with Joshua, even a rumor? Not on the ice for 3 games in a row now!

Comment

So, does ANY Ohio State fan know what's going on with Joshua, even a rumor? Not on the ice for 3 games in a row now!
                    All i could find out was he broke a team rule.

Comment

[QUOTE=FredsDeadFriend;6606029]
                      With a split, I believe all you then need is a single win vs UW, right?

Only need 2 points this weekend to get 2nd place locked up. If they lose tonight then they will need 5 points next weekend or get 1 win and a gopher loss to Penn state.

Comment

All i could find out was he broke a team rule.
                        That's disappointing. That means you did something in your conduct that put you ahead of the team. I had hoped better of him.

Comment

That's disappointing. That means you did something in your conduct that put you ahead of the team. I had hoped better of him.
                          Must have broke a big rule to be left home 2 weekends in a row

Comment

What an exciting shootout! I was hoping for the outright win but I'll take it.
                            Like yesterday so many non calls by the refs but at least they weren't playing favorites with it but the one that hurt us the most is the non call that let the Gophers score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              What an exciting shootout! I was hoping for the outright win but I'll take it.
                              Like yesterday so many non calls by the refs but at least they weren't playing favorites with it but the one that hurt us the most is the non call that let the Gophers score.
                              That was a an outstanding hockey game. The 2 seed is clinched

Comment

That was a an outstanding hockey game. The 2 seed is clinched
                                That was a great game. I'll be keyed up for a while yet this evening. Need to get back on track with the scoring next weekend against the Badgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X