Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Ouch, does anyone have any idea what happened to Ford?
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
      MCL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Coach announced he has a torn ACL and is out for the year. Having surgery this week. I'm crossing my fingers on our other D man but I'd say it doesn't look great. I'm fairly confident in forth. We have to do well vs Ferris in Big Rapids but if we do, I think forth is ours, but it would be a great help to be 3ed or even second, and avoid Mankato until the last game., both of which are possible and not unlikely.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I must have missed when he got hurt, was it Friday night? Also, any idea who the other defenseman is?

Comment

I must have missed when he got hurt, was it Friday night? Also, any idea who the other defenseman is?
            Ford got hurt in the second period on Saturday.

At the end of the Saturday game, these defensemen were all taking regular shifts: Reinke, Birks, Meek, and Donohue. Auk dropped back to play D after Ford was hurt. Assuming that if they were playing that means they're all ok, that leaves Rockwell (who didn't play much if at all towards the end of the game), Kiilunen (who didn't dress) and Cooper Watson (a likely redshirt at this point) as the other possibilities for the other D man.

Comment

Interesting, I watched Saturday's game and still missed it, no clue how.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Ford got hurt in the second period on Saturday.

At the end of the Saturday game, these defensemen were all taking regular shifts: Reinke, Birks, Meek, and Donohue. Auk dropped back to play D after Ford was hurt. Assuming that if they were playing that means they're all ok, that leaves Rockwell (who didn't play much if at all towards the end of the game), Kiilunen (who didn't dress) and Cooper Watson (a likely redshirt at this point) as the other possibilities for the other D man.
                Rockwell didn't dress on Saturday. Auk replaced Kiilunen as one of the 6 defencemen and Bryce was put into Auk's open F slot in the lineup.

I didn't notice Ford's injury either.

I hate to speculate but Donohue went down on a hit to his head, but later returned. I certainly hope he didn't suffer a concussion. Especially since Joe called it a possible "season ender" on his show this morning.

Whomever it is, it's not good that Ford is out and another D will be out for an extended time if not the season.

Two weeks to heal the bumps and bruises then hopefully the boys will be ready for a grueling roady to the GLI and Sin City.

Comment

Shawhan mentioned another potential commitment today from a "difference maker." I think that was a word he used? The name that comes to mind is Desi Burgart but I'm not sure how realistic that is...we'll see if anything comes out today.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    Rockwell didn't dress on Saturday. Auk replaced Kiilunen as one of the 6 defencemen and Bryce was put into Auk's open F slot in the lineup.

I hate to speculate but Donohue went down on a hit to his head, but later returned. I certainly hope he didn't suffer a concussion. Especially since Joe called it a possible "season ender" on his show this morning.

Tough loss when it come to Ford. Playing pretty dependable D. Hope the surgery goes well and a full recovery.

As to the other D man possibly out, I too was thinking Donohue. That was a wicked hit he took. May have toughed out the rest of the game and then afterwards found out something serious..

Again some guys really need to take a hard look at their game more now than ever.. Are you going step it up and be a contributor, or stay a passenger.

Comment

Two things, it sounds like the 2nd d-man lucked out and is not out for the year.

Also the recruit should be announced today, and let's just say that I nailed it awhile back:
                      https://techhockeyguide.com/2017/11/...ctions-matter/
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

He made it official this morning...Trenton Bliss has committed to MTU. Forward for Pat Mikesch at Green Bay (USHL). Bliss is tied for 8th scoring in the USHL (t-11th in goals). He and Alex Broetzman should come in and contribute right away next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          He made it official this morning...Trenton Bliss has committed to MTU. Forward for Pat Mikesch at Green Bay (USHL). Bliss is tied for 8th scoring in the USHL (t-11th in goals). He and Alex Broetzman should come in and contribute right away next year.
                          Great news. Glad to see him coming. I think he'll be an asset, how's his defensive game?
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Tech's first player born in/originally from Texas?

As you said earlier this year, the two of them are on pace for 40 pts this year in the USHL (perhaps closer to 45-50), which is important for picking out potential impact players.

Let's see what pull Joe has for d-men now.

Comment

Good news that the 2nd D man isn't out for the year.

The recruit list should be done then for next years roster? Assuming there are no further decomits and nobody leaves the team..

Comment

Anyone know Tech's section for seats at this years GLI. I saw it posted somewhere, but can't remember which section. I am planning on going with friends and want to order my tickets soon. Was wondering if there is a promo for seat pricing also.
                                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X