Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Khaira just scored for the Oilers against the Wings.
    Seems he has made a development leap this year.

I think the fanbase is showing their passion, but need to relax and remember to enjoy the season. We have a good group of guys.
    I think we will see a good weekend ahead for the Huskies.
    The one thing I do wish Joe did more of was reiterating something that Mel beat into us weekly last year...he likes this group of players...Mel repeated that almost every show that they would figure it out and he liked this team.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      The one thing I do wish Joe did more of was reiterating something that Mel beat into us weekly last year...he likes this group of players...Mel repeated that almost every show that they would figure it out and he liked this team.
      Happy Thanksgiving to all Tech fans everywhere and especially to the players and coaches who are away from their families this week. Now... i'm heading out to the parade.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        Mostly yes. Not me this time and seeing the pics from the group is KILLING me. lol
        Stick tap to that...I’ve always appreciated that MTU is willing to travel instead of just complain about how far away we are.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Tonight’s discord link: https://discord.gg/vyEDp6
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Auk at center, interesting.
            Kiilunen in for the first time.
            Go Huskies!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I go to bed last night down 3-1 and they decide to turn it on, lol. I actually had it playing in my phone while I was in bed and heard them tie it up 3-3, and to think of it, I could only listen to the Ice Breaker games, maybe I shouldn't watch any more games, lol.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                I go to bed last night down 3-1 and they decide to turn it on, lol. I actually had it playing in my phone while I was in bed and heard them tie it up 3-3, and to think of it, I could only listen to the Ice Breaker games, maybe I shouldn't watch any more games, lol.
                Tonight might be a good time to test your theory. Bringing home 3 more points this weekend would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I was listening to it and fell asleep during the 2nd intermission with it tied up 3-3.. Nice comeback by the Huskies. Showed some character by not mailing it in when they got down 3-0. (of course it would be nice if they didn't get down 3-0 to begin with)

Nice to see Todd finally get in a game and do alright. And Auk with a goal in his first goal at center. Good way to keep him on the line-up for his offense. Not sure it did anything to shore up the D..

We'll see how they do tonight. Hoping the Huskies can bring it right from the start and get the sweep.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a low cost ($40+shipping) replica Huskies jersey from the 2000s, there is a sporting good store that is going out of business and is selling their remaining inventory on Ebay.
                    https://www.ebay.com/sch/danielp5969...1&_ipg=&_from=
                    FYI,
                    Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Auk @ center experiment?
                      He scored, looked a bit out of place on face offs rly, but was back at D on the power play.
                      It definitely is interesting as with the center down low responsibilities, you have 3 defenseman down low with the 4th line.
                      I am 50/50 whether it will also be done tonight.

Comment

Too soon to make a good assessment of it. However given Auk has too much offensive talent to keep out of the line-up. And has been one of the D with turn over issues it seems to be a pretty good compromise. As you say it essentially gives the fourth line another D down low. I would expect him to look a little rough on face-offs. With Reitmeier was on his line last night I think I'd have Reitmeier take the face-offs.

Comment

The only place I know of to get faceoff stats besides game stat sheets at the rink is college hockey inc.
                          http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/fi...coring&sort=fw

Last night:
                          Lucchini 10-6
                          Steman 10-9
                          Smith 9-8
                          Auk 1-3
                          L'Esperance 0-4
                          Reitmeier 0-3
                          Jackson 0-2
                          Baltus 1-0
                          Gould 0-1
                          Beretta 0-1

I'm surprised Reitmeier and L'Esperance didn't take more but otherwise this is about what I'd expect...

Comment

I'm surprised L'Esperance and Reitmeier didn't do better than going 0 for...

Auk in the middle of the pack at 1-3. Could stand to improve, however not glaringly out of place..

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              The only place I know of to get faceoff stats besides game stat sheets at the rink is college hockey inc.
                              http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/fi...coring&sort=fw

Last night:
                              Lucchini 10-6
                              Steman 10-9
                              Smith 9-8
                              Auk 1-3
                              L'Esperance 0-4
                              Reitmeier 0-3
                              Jackson 0-2
                              Baltus 1-0
                              Gould 0-1
                              Beretta 0-1

I'm surprised Reitmeier and L'Esperance didn't take more but otherwise this is about what I'd expect...
                              They are on Tech website, just not on the mobile version.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                                I'm surprised L'Esperance and Reitmeier didn't do better than going 0 for...

Auk in the middle of the pack at 1-3. Could stand to improve, however not glaringly out of place..
                                Lesperance seems to be slumping in all categories. No points again last night and only 1 shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X