Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    http://www.admkids.com/news_article/...76?referrer_id

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEbaipMLx8

As a scout, here's what i look for as taught to me by an NHL scout. Based on the 5H's in no particular order. Height (how big), Heels (skating ability), Hands, Head(Hockey IQ/Smarts) and Heart(compete level/how hard does he compete). Most scouts are looking for a variation of these skills/variables.
    Thanks for posting. Nothing earth shattering, but still an interesting read

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    That would be an interesting barroom discussion about the order of the 5H's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Yes it would..

Comment

• Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
      http://www.admkids.com/news_article/...76?referrer_id

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEbaipMLx8

As a scout, here's what i look for as taught to me by an NHL scout. Based on the 5H's in no particular order. Height (how big), Heels (skating ability), Hands, Head(Hockey IQ/Smarts) and Heart(compete level/how hard does he compete). Most scouts are looking for a variation of these skills/variables.
      There actually is an app that many coaches use to input data such as this. It’s pretty detailed and really helps sort and track information . It’s always interesting to observe scouts and how they approach what they do, what kind of personal system they have.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        There actually is an app that many coaches use to input data such as this. It’s pretty detailed and really helps sort and track information . It’s always interesting to observe scouts and how they approach what they do, what kind of personal system they have.

You're right Dave. Put 10 scouts/coaches in the stands watching a player and 4 might like him, another 3 might not like him, and another 3 will say they need to watch him again. Obviously multiple viewings are required most of the time. How does a kid play in an early Sunday morning game after a long showcase/tournament weekend when his team hasn't won a game all weekend and nothing to play for?
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

All reserved seating is sold out for Friday. Standing room only available. which I am sure will sellout too. Should make for a great atmosphere at The Mac. Get to the game early.
          Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 11-09-2017, 07:47 PM. Reason: Used wrong punctuation.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Time to follow the Huskies on discord with the guys at THG: https://discord.gg/g9Km2
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Coach with Dirk:
              Tremendous night. Great support. Proud of our team.
              Like our depth tonight. Liked every line. Played smart.
              Proud of PK. Neville prepared them this week.
              Like PP too. Got better as game went.
              Great to have good effort in front of this crowd.
              Need some stability bug to have leader come up with an effort like that. a Baltus is a quite leader did his job well.
              Our D did a great job helping out not giving up second chance opportunities.
              Enjoy but get ready for big sheet tomorrow.

Comment

Our play seemed to get better as the game went on. Something to build on now. Looked like the Huskies from the beginning of the season.
                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Balts looked like Mike Neville in the slot there.
                  Sounds like a dedicated effort from the coaching staff to get the team back on track.
                  Looking forward to Saturday night's game already.

Comment

The Huskies looked rough out of the gate, but they did seem to get rolling and keep their foot on the gas for the most part. Great to see them win and glad it didn't turn into a chip fest in the third period.

Comment

That was just flat out embarrassing, pathetic effort all around. Joe was not happy with it at all, hopefully it lights a fire.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Pretty discouraged. I thought maybe they had turned a corner but I guess not
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Did you see the face off stats? Terrible
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Well I don't think we have to worry about points we left on the table during the early weeks vs LSSU and UAH. Tech is leaving points on the table every weekend. Really the only think making Tech look halfway good in the standings is that they've played more games than any other team, SIX more league games than UAH and UAA. Tech currently sits in 4th, but ANY team in the conference could pass Tech by winning the games they have in hand. Averaging 1.2 pts per game in a 3pt/game league isn't good. Need to get things rolling and take at least 10 pts in AK or Tech may find themselves going from the Broadmoor to missing the WCHA playoffs this year. It's not a good thing to call games in November "must win" but we're approaching that point quickly. Let's go Huskies!

Ryan
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

tighten your seatbelts it's shaping up to be a rough ride. In truth a lot of the issues were there last year, they just got pushed aside and forgotten because of that great play-off run. These guys are just too inconsistent from one game to the next, one shift to the next. It's going to be a stuggle just to be about .500.

And 0-11 on the PP says a lot. Should be an interesting Coach Joe Show today..

Comment

My previous optimism is fading fast. After Friday's game it looked like the team was heading in the right direction. After Saturday's game I really wonder what is going on. I had high hopes for this coaching staff but now I have some serious doubts. We've been watching the same ineffective power play for weeks now with only slight tweaks. The "top" unit, if you can call them that, looks totally inept. Lesperance is parked in front of the net and does absolutely nothing. The majority of the shots from the D are in to the opposing defenders, Luchinni can't seem to bury his opportunities and Gould wants to be a one man show. (surprisingly effective at it at times, but to the detriment of the team I think) Lesperance has been off the score sheet for 4 games now and didn't even register a shot on Saturday, can't happen. Luchinni has 1 assist in the last 7 games, can't happen. Gould is doing ok but seems to be trying to do too much at times, maybe out of necessity? The 2nd power play unit seems to be doing better but still not very effective. Everyone else is just there. Not doing anything of any significance except for Baltus' mini explosion on Friday night. Lesperance, Luchinni, Auk & Reinke seem to have digressed. Birks is so inconsistent you never know who is going to show up. Steman was out of the line up on Saturday due to what looked like a hit to the head on Friday. Is he out for an extended period? Goaltending is still a big question mark. Munson looked good on Friday night but gave up his standard 3 goals on Saturday. After Kero's performance last weekend I'm not sure why he didn't get another start. Guys that you would expect to make the next step (Smith, Gilles, Blacklock, Jackson, etc.) seem to be going in spurts. On a positive note some of the freshman and Brice seem to be improving every game.
                                Hoping for a good showing in Alaska, they are going to need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X