Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
    I prefer the script "Huskies", but the logo is ok.
    As to my opinion of the camo jersey ... the wrong end of the dog is on the logo.
    If you are going to go camo why not a winter style came, greys, whites, black etc

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Devin Kero gets the start again tonight, join THG as we live chat the game: https://discord.gg/Bx9AV
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I thought Kero played well. Pretty good shootout
        Performance as well.

Can’t win games when you don’t score. Too many pucks between the skates, not getting the puck to a stick. We need a sniper to step forward, immediately.

Falling behind in the 2nd to penalties, and chasing teams that are packing it in, will make the stats look good (SOG) while losing games.

Trading penalties at this point is going to end up poorly.

That said, we did a great job staying out of the box in the 3rd, a little too late to win game.
        Go Huskies!

Comment

Ugh, look at all those cutesy dekes in the shootout. 1/2 on shots, but 0/10 on dekes.

Comment

Nothing will move us up like a winning streak. How about 6 straight?
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

GLI News:

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20171106fbbo3f

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be in Houghton for the first time since 2010 on Friday. Those jerseys are a lovely welcome back

Has anything major changed around Macinnes that would cause a headache? Parking seems to be $5 still so that's nice.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  I'll be in Houghton for the first time since 2010 on Friday. Those jerseys are a lovely welcome back [emoji14]

Has anything major changed around Macinnes that would cause a headache? Parking seems to be $5 still so that's nice.
                  Lamplighters could cause a headache if you enjoy it too much 🤣

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

To keep things in perspective, MTU was 3-6-2 through 11 games last year and won the Broadmoor. They are currently 4-5-2. Considering what they lost offensively and defensively, I think they are faring pretty well.

That being said, if some of the veteran guys can't up their game it could be tough sledding going forward. As I said in a previous post, it would be nice to see Steman and Lesperance together. I think pairing them up would help Steman start putting some points on the board and because of Steman's aggressive style of play I think it would give Lesperance more opportunities. Steman is by far the hardest working center on the team based on the games I have watched so far. Maybe a Baltus, Steman, Lesperance line to get both Baltus and Steman going.

Based on performance of all WCHA teams so far, there are not going to be any easy series. The next month is going to be very important in defining where this team ends up. As MS stated, "How about 6 straight"!

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                      To keep things in perspective, MTU was 3-6-2 through 11 games last year and won the Broadmoor. They are currently 4-5-2. Considering what they lost offensively and defensively, I think they are faring pretty well.

That being said, if some of the veteran guys can't up their game it could be tough sledding going forward. As I said in a previous post, it would be nice to see Steman and Lesperance together. I think pairing them up would help Steman start putting some points on the board and because of Steman's aggressive style of play I think it would give Lesperance more opportunities. Steman is by far the hardest working center on the team based on the games I have watched so far. Maybe a Baltus, Steman, Lesperance line to get both Baltus and Steman going.

Based on performance of all WCHA teams so far, there are not going to be any easy series. The next month is going to be very important in defining where this team ends up. As MS stated, "How about 6 straight"!
                      That pairing might sound good in theory but L'Esperance (88-46, 134) and Steman (66-80, 146) are 2 of the primary faceoff guys along with Jake Lucchini (70-69, 139) and Alex Smith (69-74, 143) followed by Greyson Reitmeier (38-46, 84). Then there is a big cliff (under 20).
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Good Joe Shawhan show, he seemed a bit frustrated, only 7 scoring chances allowed on Saturday. Only 3 scoring chances given up on the PK, and BGSU scores on 2 of them. Also, wants more competition. Seems like there's a gap in the players getting game time and those that only practice. not pushing each other.

Some interesting notes on how he views scoring in juniors and if a player will translate to D1 with certainty. 80 pts BCHL, 40 pts USHL, 70/65 pt NAHL guys should translate to offense at D1, lower than that, guys have to improve and work on it at the next level to contribute. We have a handful of guys that were lower than that, coaches and players have to push themselves to improve and get better. Looking for players to take advantage of playing time and give secondary support.

Also talked a bit on recruits, a lot here were already committed before Joe got to Tech. Mentioned look at Michigan's long list of committed players.

For goalies, Beydoun as good as Kero/Munson in practice. Proud of Kero's weekend, but it's wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          That pairing might sound good in theory but L'Esperance (88-46, 134) and Steman (66-80, 146) are 2 of the primary faceoff guys along with Jake Lucchini (70-69, 139) and Alex Smith (69-74, 143) followed by Greyson Reitmeier (38-46, 84). Then there is a big cliff (under 20).
                          I knew Lesperance's faceoff percentage was good, I had mentioned in an earlier post that maybe he should be considered as a center. I guess I did not realize he has taken that many draws this year. I just know that in their Freshman and Sophmore years they seemed to click together. Seems strange he has taken almost as many draws as the center on his line?? Combined him and Lucchini have 273 draws, that is nearly double the other centers. Is that line seeing that much more ice time than the others? I guess I didn't realize they were on the ice that much more? Do they track time on the ice at the D1 level? It would be interesting to see that stat. Watching it seems like Coach Shawhan pretty much rolls 4 lines like Coach Pearson did.

Somehow they've got to figure out how to get Steman on the score sheet.

Comment

I knew Lesperance's faceoff percentage was good, I had mentioned in an earlier post that maybe he should be considered as a center. I guess I did not realize he has taken that many draws this year. I just know that in their Freshman and Sophmore years they seemed to click together. Seems strange he has taken almost as many draws as the center on his line?? Combined him and Lucchini have 273 draws, that is nearly double the other centers. Is that line seeing that much more ice time than the others? I guess I didn't realize they were on the ice that much more? Do they track time on the ice at the D1 level? It would be interesting to see that stat. Watching it seems like Coach Shawhan pretty much rolls 4 lines like Coach Pearson did.

part of that might be that they're on different groupings on PK, and they also got split up over the last 2 weeks...On the PP, they are pretty much out there for half of all PPs so thats quite a few faceoffs with all the PP opportunities they've gotten.

Comment

I didn't think L'Esperance lost a draw against us the entire weekend. I'm pretty sure he beat McLain every time.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                                I didn't think L'Esperance lost a draw against us the entire weekend. I'm pretty sure he beat McLain every time.
                                L'Esperance was 21-13 on the weekend.

Overall, L'Esperance has been a primary faceoff taker since game 4. Reitmeier seems to be establishing himself as #4 but it's definitely fluctuated so far...Since the end of the icebreaker, those 5 guys have been top 5 in every game. Friday night against BGSU was the only time anyone (Beretta w/5) came close to cracking the top 5 (Lucchini w/6). Lucchini has definitely dropped. He's only had >20% of faceoffs twice over the last 8 games...(>12% twice in last 2 of last 6).

Comment

Working...
                                X