Bottom Feeders 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2017-18

Chester, the pigeon I assigned to the West Regional, is here.

Ree Drummond cooked another disgusting meal for RPI and UNH. Nobody wants to talk about it. During the game itself, Dick Umile and the coach from RPI got into a shouting match. Lots of insults about mothers were bandied about. Once again, where was I going with this? Ah yes. The chicken scratch on the note is almost illegible, but I can see a New Hampshire player beat the RPI goalie senseless with the goalie's own stick. While that was happening, another Wildcat scored. Not to be outdone, two Engineers took out the Wildcat goalie. RPI scored. Tied at 1 with 2 minutes to play, a UNH defenseman got through the wall of RPI players, they were skating 6, and broke the tie. Despite a hail of shot attempts in the final two, RPI couldn't even the game. UNH 2, RPI 1, so RPI advances to the Futile Four.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Irony not lost on UNH fans in getting knocked out of tournament by one of the only two teams that they beat since December 6, 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Irony not lost on UNH fans in getting knocked out of tournament by one of the only two teams that they beat since December 6, 2017.
        Not surprising considering how RPI has managed snatching defeat from the jaws of victory all season long.
        Congrats to Coach Dave Smith and the Engineers as they are bound for the bayou.

Comment

Pigeon Mortimer is here.

RIT and Niagara. Two Atlantic Hockey teams squaring off for a right to the Futile Four. Off the bat, the meal prepared by Guy Fieri was on the mind of the players. Lot of upset stomachs. Not as bad as Drummond's Knockwurst Nightmare, but several players were seen lining up in the roller rink's bathroom before game time. 10 minutes in, a Niagara player scored after bouncing a puck off an RIT player's face. Not to be outdone, with 2 minutes left in the 2nd, RIT evened the score after clearing the puck and having the Niagara goalie nowhere near the net. 5 minutes into the third, RIT took the lead doing the hidden puck trick. Another three minutes, and RIT seized a 3-1 lead after Niagara scored an own goal. That's how it ends, and Niagara advances to the Futile Four.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Pigeon Mortimer is here.

RIT and Niagara. Two Atlantic Hockey teams squaring off for a right to the Futile Four. Off the bat, the meal prepared by Guy Fieri was on the mind of the players. Lot of upset stomachs. Not as bad as Drummond's Knockwurst Nightmare, but several players were seen lining up in the roller rink's bathroom before game time. 10 minutes in, a Niagara player scored after bouncing a puck off an RIT player's face. Not to be outdone, with 2 minutes left in the 2nd, RIT evened the score after clearing the puck and having the Niagara goalie nowhere near the net. 5 minutes into the third, RIT took the lead doing the hidden puck trick. Another three minutes, and RIT seized a 3-1 lead after Niagara scored an own goal. That's how it ends, and Niagara advances to the Futile Four.
            Well, I'm glad that's over! Congrats to Niagara and they speed to the bottom!
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

And half the Futile Four is set: the South champ Niagara vs. the West champ RPI.

If I have time tomorrow, will finish the East and Midwest write-ups.

Speaking of write-ups, how am I doing? And I know, I know, I should get the player's names, but this is the BFB, and there's not enough coffee for the Commish to care about each player's name. Not enough red wine, Dragon's Milk, or Fireball either.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Pigeon Mortimer is here.

A very unexpected outcome, I assure you

Comment

Where is the final being held this year?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And half the Futile Four is set: the South champ Niagara vs. the West champ RPI.

If I have time tomorrow, will finish the East and Midwest write-ups.

Speaking of write-ups, how am I doing? And I know, I know, I should get the player's names, but this is the BFB, and there's not enough coffee for the Commish to care about each player's name. Not enough red wine, Dragon's Milk, or Fireball either.
                    Almost assuredly going to the championship. Only AHC team we have a historical losing record against.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Where is the final being held this year?
                      Lafayette, Louisiana

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Almost assuredly going to the championship. Only AHC team we have a historical losing record against.
                        I can only go with what the carrier pigeons and smoke signals tell me. And never tell me "assuredly," because it appeared UAA was a lock to go all the way.

Comment

I can only go with what the carrier pigeons and smoke signals tell me. And never tell me "assuredly," because it appeared UAA was a lock to go all the way.
                          Western bias.

Comment

names reported in the news or on the sweaters would only confuse things, what with teams scoring for the other team. maybe next year they could all wear grey uniforms.

once again, I protest the Ouray choice. its a slippery slope. Bryanhead, the Billings, where will it stop? some glitzy rink with lighting, concession stands, skating referees, instead of those idiots who call the game from the stands, announcers, who knows what's next? next thing some #29 team is going to demand to put in the tournament.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              names reported in the news or on the sweaters would only confuse things, what with teams scoring for the other team. maybe next year they could all wear grey uniforms.

once again, I protest the Ouray choice. its a slippery slope. Bryanhead, the Billings, where will it stop? some glitzy rink with lighting, concession stands, skating referees, instead of those idiots who call the game from the stands, announcers, who knows what's next? next thing some #29 team is going to demand to put in the tournament.
                              We probably need to consider revisiting some previous venues, especially in the Midwest and Northeast. I'm sure Calumet/George Gipp would love to bid again, especially with Tech being preoccupied with that other tournament as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                We probably need to consider revisiting some previous venues, especially in the Midwest and Northeast. I'm sure Calumet/George Gipp would love to bid again, especially with Tech being preoccupied with that other tournament as of late.
                                We handled Ouray well. Everyone was in tents, we served a disgusting pregame meal, the weather was most foul.

If huskyfan wants to file a formal complaint, there is a slot in my office to the right of the printer. (on the other side is a paper shredder)

Comment

Working...
                                X