Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    LOL. Nope. NE hasn't won a NC (guess what that means) so they have this thin skinned act coming in here looking for some kind of respect.
    LOL. Well BU has five of 'em, so I'll post on their behalf. NE is the Patriots. And while it might be cool to be referred to as the 5-time Super Bowl Champions, the correct acronym is NU. It doesn't say much for your Michigan education if you can't figure that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      LOL. Well BU has five of 'em, so I'll post on their behalf. NE is the Patriots. And while it might be cool to be referred to as the 5-time Super Bowl Champions, the correct acronym is NU. It doesn't say much for your Michigan education if you can't figure that out.
      Scarlet, he's beyond rapprochement. All came about as HHound left him a perfectly polite msg. No response was necessary. Dude turned into an elephant with a deep voice
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I don't think we care. Sorry.

People call Michigan all kinds of names (mostly bad), and we just get used to it.

You NE/NU/whatever- does it really matter what we call you? That's pretty thin skinned to really care what we think.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          I don't think we care. Sorry.

People call Michigan all kinds of names (mostly bad), and we just get used to it.

You NE/NU/whatever- does it really matter what we call you? That's pretty thin skinned to really care what we think.
          People call Michigan names to call you names. They don't do it as a mistake. They do it to get to you. If you're used it, good for you! He didn't call Northeastern NE to call them a name. He referred to them incorrectly and a Northeastern fan corrected him. That's on him. He's the one that took offense. Talk about thin skinned. Look, if you guys don't care how ignorant it makes you look to not know the name of your opponent, that's fine. But if you really want to call them names, call them BU's red headed step children.

Comment

As a B1G fan, when I hear NU, I think Northwestern.
            The NU I recall most recently from a hockey game vs. Michigan is Niagara.
            NE is a direction, as is Northeastern. It seems like a good abbreviation to me and is clear to the Michigan fans what school we're talking about.

Too bad we can't just say Huskies and know which team. I'm cheering for the Huskies from the UP for the first round, but not the Huskies from NE*. And what's with UConn? Those slackers, the rest of the Huskies made it into the tournament.

*NE in this case was used as an abbreviation for New England, so don't correct me
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              People call Michigan names to call you names. They don't do it as a mistake. They do it to get to you. If you're used it, good for you! He didn't call Northeastern NE to call them a name. He referred to them incorrectly and a Northeastern fan corrected him. That's on him. He's the one that took offense. Talk about thin skinned. Look, if you guys don't care how ignorant it makes you look to not know the name of your opponent, that's fine. But if you really want to call them names, call them BU's red headed step children.
              See, I also don't really care if someone thinks I'm "ignorant" or whatever. That's not my problem.

I know we are playing Northeastern. Which is a direction, and not Nebraska or Niagara- all of who we also play.

My BIL went there. I still don't think of it as NU, so deal with it. It's not as if they have this huge history of competitive college hockey that makes us HAVE to know them. If I get your math right, you have 6 NC's at BU, they have 6 appearances in the NCAA. So it's not as if they have mattered much in the recent past.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                My husband texted me, "Cooper Marody to Edmonton" and I freaked out. I love that my hubby is becoming a big college hockey fan, but he has much to learn. I explained to him that his text had me thinking Cooper left, which I couldn't understand with Regionals this weekend. If we lose this weekend and he's gone, that I understand, I won't like it, but I'll understand.
                WT, you know better by now. That will come in August in the typical Michigan Hockey summer.
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

MIU vs NE should be a great game this weekend!!!

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    LOL. Nope. NE hasn't won a NC (guess what that means) so they have this thin skinned act coming in here looking for some kind of respect.
                    They are Lil'brotherish. I'm not exactly sure whose Lil'brother they are though? BU? BC? Harvard? Who else am I missing? Well, they are a Boston school so the odds that they are racist nazi's is pretty good. Is Bannon an alum?
                    Last edited by UMICH; 03-23-2018, 02:46 AM.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      ..Well, they are a Boston school so they odds that they are racist nazi's is pretty good..
                      wow... someone put your cake out in the rain?

when it comes to you.. it is NE vs. scUM indeed.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        They are Lil'brotherish. I'm not exactly sure whose Lil'brother they are though? BU? BC? Harvard? Who else am I missing? Well, they are a Boston school so they odds that they are racist nazi's is pretty good. Is Bannon an alum?
                        Are you calling a city that has had a Democrat as Mayor since 1930 racist? You are not a very well informed liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          See, I also don't really care if someone thinks I'm "ignorant" or whatever. That's not my problem.

I know we are playing Northeastern. Which is a direction, and not Nebraska or Niagara- all of who we also play...
                          I can deal with Northwestern and Niagara, but bearing in mind that acronyms are built from the first letters of principal words in a title (no prepositions please), How does the University of Nebraska become NU?

In our neighborhood, we revel in being the red-headed stepchildren and know that it sux to bu. (Still love ya Scarlet) Anything west of the Connecticut River is third world.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            Well, they are a Boston school so they odds that they are racist nazi's is pretty good. Is Bannon an alum?
                            It was Michigan that went for Trump. Not Massachusetts.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              I can deal with Northwestern and Niagara, but bearing in mind that acronyms are built from the first letters of principal words in a title (no prepositions please), How does the University of Nebraska become NU?

In our neighborhood, we revel in being the red-headed stepchildren and know that it sux to bu. (Still love ya Scarlet) Anything west of the Connecticut River is third world.
                              Ask them, they are the ones who use it. They are either UNL or NU. Here's an example of them using it on their webpage- https://nebraska.edu/offices-policie...ions/advocates where they are called NU Advocates.

Still, why does it matter so much to you? Seems like a waste of your time.

Comment

I don't care what they call themselves, they don't have a hockey national championship, so they can be UN. That's how this works, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X