Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey Parent Confidential (An oral history of sex, bribes and goalie moms)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey Parent Confidential (An oral history of sex, bribes and goalie moms)

Some interesting stories.

While I don't think girls' hockey is anywhere near as bad as boys' hockey in this regard I have seen some pretty strange things at girl's hockey games.

http://nationalpost.com/features/hoc...t-confidential

Re: Hockey Parent Confidential (An oral history of sex, bribes and goalie moms)

Hopefully Blackbird didn't miss the NP article on how Canada manipulated their dollar to increase exports but it has made almost no change except to cause an increase in costs of US goods for Canadian consumers and housing prices to jump, causing a housing crisis.

Every country tries to manipulate their currency. Problem is for countries like Canada it is somewhat of a crapshoot. When the President of the US sneezes, evreybody wonders if he has a cold. When the PM of Canada sneezes, nobody hears it.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      Hopefully Blackbird didn't miss the NP article on how Canada manipulated their dollar to increase exports but it has made almost no change except to cause an increase in costs of US goods for Canadian consumers and housing prices to jump, causing a housing crisis.

Every country tries to manipulate their currency. Problem is for countries like Canada it is somewhat of a crapshoot. When the President of the US sneezes, evreybody wonders if he has a cold. When the PM of Canada sneezes, nobody hears it.
      And this has what to do with sex, bribes, and goalie moms...?
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        And this has what to do with sex, bribes, and goalie moms...?
        A) never try to reason with pukechucker, he is incapable
        B) everything is political in pukies world. You could post about Groundhogs day & he would find a way to drag is ignorance into the conversation. See A) for correct response

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          Some interesting stories.

While I don't think girls' hockey is anywhere near as bad as boys' hockey in this regard I have seen some pretty strange things at girl's hockey games.

http://nationalpost.com/features/hoc...t-confidential
          Having kids play from mites through High School I have to say I have never seen anything as bad as described in the article. Saw a lot of bad stuff but there are some real lowlights in there. Parents are the problem mostly.

The worst behaviour I personally saw was when my oldest was coaching a Bantam A team. He had a goalie dad who refused to accept that his son shouldn't be in every game. It ended when he threatened my son (a combat veteran). That didn't work so he moved the kid to a different program.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Having kids play from mites through High School I have to say I have never seen anything as bad as described in the article. Saw a lot of bad stuff but there are some real lowlights in there. Parents are the problem mostly.

The worst behaviour I personally saw was when my oldest was coaching a Bantam A team. He had a goalie dad who refused to accept that his son shouldn't be in every game. It ended when he threatened my son (a combat veteran). That didn't work so he moved the kid to a different program.
            I've witnessed a few of these items first hand over my 15 year involvement in Minor hockey. The two that come to mind are the drunken stupor folks and parents from different kids hooking up with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              I've witnessed a few of these items first hand over my 15 year involvement in Minor hockey. The two that come to mind are the drunken stupor folks and parents from different kids hooking up with each other.
              parents from different kids hooking up with each other
              That is hilarious in a very sad way. But at least there was no punching involved . . . unless that came later

Comment

I sent this article to my cousin in Florida who's son played on a very good Tier II team down there, which made Nationals this past season.

This was his response:

"Even in the hockey wasteland of South Florida, I have seen almost everything in this article. It has been an interesting ride over the past 6 years of travel hockey and while I will miss the actual games, I won't miss anything else about this process."
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

A) never try to reason with pukechucker, he is incapable
                  B) everything is political in pukies world. You could post about Groundhogs day & he would find a way to drag is ignorance into the conversation. See A) for correct response
                  Oh, I knew that. :-) It was all rhetorical. Though, I love your response.

I actually find his posts at times entertaining in a pity sort of way. But, this time, I just had to step in because no matter how entertaining his posts are, they can't possibly be as entertaining as sex, bribes and goalie moms.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

they can't possibly be as entertaining as sex, bribes and goalie moms.
                    good you are in Rochester NY and not Rochester MN
                    the Hockey Mom's show they made here is probably the worst reality TV show ever produced
                    Last edited by pokechecker; 07-17-2017, 08:35 AM. Reason: ignore = can't get enough apparently

Comment

the Hockey Mom's show they made here is probably the worst reality TV show ever produced
                      Did anyone else read the thread title as "A history of Oral Sex?"
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

They actually made a Hockey Mom's reality show?

I'm starting to agree with your political posts -- this country is doomed... :-)
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

I'm starting to agree with your political posts -- this country is doomed... :-)
                          yes, but Blackbeard is correct, the US will self destruct, not because of the petro dollar, but because of the garbage our media produces and the public consumes

Comment

yes, but Blackbeard is correct, the US will self destruct, not because of the petro dollar, but because of the garbage our media produces and the public consumes
                            If we do see a total Mad Max type of collapse of the US economy, then it is entirely possible that the Fighting Nurses out of Clarkson College in Omaha will rise up and become a power in women's hockey.

Comment

Don't cha know...

https://vimeo.com/157883934
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                              X