Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Montgomery to interview with Florida Panthers

No surprise.
    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Re: Jim Montgomery to interview with Florida Panthers

Does this really need its own thread?

Comment

Too hard for some people to scroll past if they don't particularly care about a topic?

At least Shot isn't making 20 threads about Asian spam... I'd hate to have to skip an entire page of threads!

Comment

If there is room for two threads about regional sites we can handle one about Montgomery. Besides, it should be a topic of interest to college fans. We are used to players being poached by the NHL, but coaches not so much.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Listening to GM Dale Tallon last week on the NHL Network and Montgomery fits in what Tallon is looking for in a NEW Head Coach. I would be surprised if he does not get the job.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Too hard for some people to scroll past if they don't particularly care about a topic?

At least Shot isn't making 20 threads about Asian spam... I'd hate to have to skip an entire page of threads!
            I miss the Bangalore packers and movers.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              If there is room for two threads about regional sites we can handle one about Montgomery. Besides, it should be a topic of interest to college fans. We are used to players being poached by the NHL, but coaches not so much.
              The guy has had success pretty much everywhere, from on the ice with Maine and making some noise in the NHL, to recruiting with Notre Dame and RPI, to managing/coaching with Dubuque, to now coaching with Denver. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he would look to take another step up and coach in the professional ranks. I wouldn't call it poaching so much as a natural progression he seems to be seeking. At the end of the day, the NCAA is still effectively a junior league, and people will come and go. Whether or not he makes the next step, I hope he does well for his personal sake.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                The guy has had success pretty much everywhere, from on the ice with Maine and making some noise in the NHL, to recruiting with Notre Dame and RPI, to managing/coaching with Dubuque, to now coaching with Denver. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he would look to take another step up and coach in the professional ranks. I wouldn't call it poaching so much as a natural progression he seems to be seeking. At the end of the day, the NCAA is still effectively a junior league, and people will come and go. Whether or not he makes the next step, I hope he does well for his personal sake.
                Monty is following Jon cooper's successful path, save AHL. He is a proven winner and the NHL and Florida would love and embrace his high-octane offensive style; this style would probably put more fannies in the seats as well. Eckblad and Barkov would thrive on this. Good for Monty and well deserved and who would not want FLA and NO state taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                  who would not want FLA and NO state taxes.
                  Me. Flat, and covered in suburban sprawl. No thanks. I'd take Denver and the nearby mountains any day.
                  There is more to life than avoiding taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Does this really need its own thread?
                    Yep, cuz Buffalo is now in the mix

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      Me. Flat, and covered in suburban sprawl. No thanks. I'd take Denver and the nearby mountains any day.
                      There is more to life than avoiding taxes.
                      Denver has plenty of suburban sprawl and smog. Influx of people to Broomfield , Castle Rock, Commerce City etc all with double digit annual growth
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Gonna be crazy to have Michigan, BU and Denver all with vacancies. Applicants are all sitting at the ready to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Denver has plenty of suburban sprawl and smog. Influx of people to Broomfield , Castle Rock, Commerce City etc all with double digit annual growth
                          the outdoor recreational opportunities afforded by mountains make it bearable. There is nothing redeeming in Florida.

Comment

Didn't you guys hear, Montgomery, Pearson, Leahman, Vince Lombardi, and Thomas Jefferson are due in Ann Arbor any minute, just check the MGo blogs
                            In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

An opinion piece on Jim Montgomery.

Speculation on the return/departure of some Pioneers.
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                              X