Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Hockey Administrators to western fans: Drop Dead

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Because I don't really care if a program does what it perceives is in its best interests. I am tired though of some Michigan Tech posters who blame the NCHC for all the world's ills, when their own program is arguably one of the worst offenders of conference treason in the history of the sport. Then it just became sort of fun to roll with it.

Now, there are others, including Biddco, who are still really hurt by Michigan Tech's atrocities, and having a Traitor Program Hall of Fame might be a little therapeutic.
    Maybe the Pearson hiring at Michigan will change the focus of their outrage for awhile.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

How did this thread devolve into a ****ing match?

And screw anyone that thinks MTU is the biggest offender, the world is a very different place than it was in the 1980s.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        So why don't you start subtracting points from your Greatest Programs of All-Time list? And don't forget to dock every team from Hockey East, NMU for their triple jump from CCHA to WCHA and back again, Michigan and MSU for their departures from the WCHA and CCHA...
        I think it would be better to subtract points for using overage Canadians, but we know that would go over poorly.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          How did this thread devolve into a ****ing match?

And screw anyone that thinks MTU is the biggest offender, the world is a very different place than it was in the 1980s.
          It's the Internet; EVERYTHING devolves into a ****ing match!

Oh, and Nazi accusations. Everything devolves into that, also. (Cue the Engelstad discussion)

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
            It's the Internet; EVERYTHING devolves into a ****ing match!

Oh, and Nazi accusations. Everything devolves into that, also. (Cue the Engelstad discussion)
            haha, I suppose...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Thanks for the geography lesson, I didn't know that. I also definitely wasn't using the phrase "in the middle of" in a tongue-in-cheek slang manner.
              Laugh if you want, there are good reasons to live in the middle of no where. Sioux Falls, SD is a straight shot south of Grand Forks, and once you get to South Dakota, the speed limit on I-29 is 80-MPH. Meaning, it's not going to be like driving on the east coast. Stuck in traffic jams and very low speed limits.
              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
              Eric's Twitter
              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                Laugh if you want, there are good reasons to live in the middle of no where. Sioux Falls, SD is a straight shot south of Grand Forks, and once you get to South Dakota, the speed limit on I-29 is 80-MPH. Meaning, it's not going to be like driving on the east coast. Stuck in traffic jams and very low speed limits.
                You do have to worry of being bored to death.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

There's always something in the Dakota to catch your attention.
                  Eric's Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    You do have to worry of being bored to death.
                    Let's see, cruising at 85 or stuck in traffic at crawling speed. I'll take being bored.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Like is it corn, or soybeans or a tree.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        "The state tree of North Dakota is a telephone pole." - Jack Parker
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
                          Yeah, but it's just that one thing.

The Dakotas: America's Bald Spot
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            At the right time of day, the normal speed on the NJ Turnpike is easily 80 mph. I-87 North of Albany is real quick, too.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              I can show you some of the wonderful sites this summer. Fish Devils Lake or Duck Hunting in the fall.
                              I have a fabulous cabin in the middle of central ND. There's some great golf course, too.
                              Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Let's see, cruising at 85 or stuck in traffic at crawling speed. I'll take being bored.
                                You already have.

If a person chooses to live in a place because the roads are empty....

I can show you some of the wonderful sites this summer. Fish Devils Lake or Duck Hunting in the fall.
                                I have a fabulous cabin in the middle of central ND. There's some great golf course, too.
                                Yes - the Dakotas are the only Midwest states with wildlife, golf courses and lakes.

They have however cornered the market on as....
                                Last edited by Slap Shot; 04-29-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X