Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Did our infamous poster create another handle to rail on Leaman.... hmmmm....
    Oh you know he did! 😝
    He needs to keep himself busy especially after UNH got Umileated this past season. They would kill to have a coach like Leaman up in Durham.

Comment

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

The good news is that we don't have to worry about Tirone anymore and his un-earthly level of success against PC. The bad news is that Maine is much improved and dying to break up that winning streak we have against them.
      Hide your alternators!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
        The good news is that we don't have to worry about Tirone anymore and his un-earthly level of success against PC. The bad news is that Maine is much improved and dying to break up that winning streak we have against them.
        Hide your alternators!
        Swayman though is a much better technical goalie than Tirone.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Swayman though is a much better technical goalie than Tirone.
          Swayman is more comparable to me to the guy who helped knock PC out last year and who else beat PC 5 times in their career. Cal Peterson
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            Swayman is more comparable to me to the guy who helped knock PC out last year and who else beat PC 5 times in their career. Cal Peterson
            I can agree on that

Comment

Obviously a must win series for the Friars and Swayman can certainly help Maine steal a game or two. Overall I still like the match up for this series as Maine is quite where they want to be this year. Jon better take the bus or park next to the guard shack on Huxley if he attends this weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                Obviously a must win series for the Friars and Swayman can certainly help Maine steal a game or two. Overall I still like the match up for this series as Maine is quite where they want to be this year. Jon better take the bus or park next to the guard shack on Huxley if he attends this weekend!
                I don’t think Maine has enough scoring to beat PC so if the Friars get to four goals in each game, doubt Maine has s chance. Maine needs 2-1 or 1-0 wins

Comment

Congrats to Logan Day for signing an AHL deal with Bakersfield. A guy run out of PC 3 yrs ago after playing in only 2 games. Skilled dman who would have looked good in a PC jersey these last 2 seasons.

Friars should take care of business against a very average Maine team. And speaking of guys run out of PC; how much better off would team be with rufo playing on the third line, which has not been very good most of this season, and why hasn’t Lemos been given more of a shot there? Two third line regulars with zero goals and now major struggles in the dot. Tait with 0 points since Ireland, which btw happens to be the last time Lemos played. Third line hasnt contributed much since then and at this time of the year it takes all 4 lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigui841 View Post
                    Congrats to Logan Day for signing an AHL deal with Bakersfield. A guy run out of PC 3 yrs ago after playing in only 2 games. Skilled dman who would have looked good in a PC jersey these last 2 seasons.

Friars should take care of business against a very average Maine team. And speaking of guys run out of PC; how much better off would team be with rufo playing on the third line, which has not been very good most of this season, and why hasn’t Lemos been given more of a shot there? Two third line regulars with zero goals and now major struggles in the dot. Tait with 0 points since Ireland, which btw happens to be the last time Lemos played. Third line hasnt contributed much since then and at this time of the year it takes all 4 lines.
                    And who's to blame for the issues that you've raised? Drum roll please..........Leaman!
                    Please be sure to meet Zlax. If you aren't the same person then you two can be besties and have your own club. You'll have plenty of room at meetings because I can't think of anyone who thinks coaching is an issue for the Friars.
                    The Friars are poised to contend as one of the top teams in Hockeyeast for years to come. Seems like the coach who built a Union program into a National Champion and won another with PC a few years later should be given the benefit of the doubt. Unless of course you're not a PC fan and you have jealousy issues, he stole your girl years ago, you lost money betting against one of his teams or you just like to ***** about non issues???

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                      And who's to blame for the issues that you've raised? Drum roll please..........Leaman!
                      Please be sure to meet Zlax. If you aren't the same person then you two can be besties and have your own club. You'll have plenty of room at meetings because I can't think of anyone who thinks coaching is an issue for the Friars.
                      The Friars are poised to contend as one of the top teams in Hockeyeast for years to come. Seems like the coach who built a Union program into a National Champion and won another with PC a few years later should be given the benefit of the doubt. Unless of course you're not a PC fan and you have jealousy issues, he stole your girl years ago, you lost money betting against one of his teams or you just like to ***** about non issues???
                      Looks like another handle to add to the block list

Comment

We will take the bus alternator if we have to.

Comment

See, the problem with this is there is one thing Leaman doesn't have now that he had at Union and at PC when he recruited that National Championship team. His name is Ben Barr who has been able to help turn around the UMass program.

Do we really need to get into the amount of D-1 players that Leaman has run off the team? Baum is now at AIC and will be eligible midseason next year. Ruggerio who was drafted would be a key on the defense right now who is at Lake Superior State, Logan Day was an All-American at Endicott and got himself a professional contract so must have been worth something, Rufo scored eight goals on the year while only scoring four goals in his career at Providence. Ryzcek has six goals and 17 in 29 games in the QMJHL. We could get this list pretty long right now but I think we can stop here.

Comment

For our actual fans to recall, this is the 5th straight year of 20 or more wins, first time ever for PC. If they make it, it will also be the 5th straight NCAA bid, breaking the previous record set last year. Included in this run is a National Championship and a Hockey East regular season co-championship - both first time achievements. Many players give the coach credit for their development during their time at PC and quite a few are playing in the NHL this year or will be soon. The incoming recruits are likely to continue this positive trend for the foreseeable future, next year's class looks like one of the strongest ever. It should be noted that all of the assistant coaches were selected by the head coach and I think give him lots of credit for their own development. I believe those coaches have an edge in getting other opportunities because they are coming from his program.

Hopefully PC can take the series coming up vs. Maine and move on. It seems we are getting used to success and have come to expect it. Thanks to coach Leaman, his assistant coaches and the many fine players that have been recruited to the program.

Comment

Let's be fair, Logan Day was also run out of Northeastern after PC without playing a game and the rumblings at the time were that he wasn't exactly showing a whole lot on the defensive side of the puck. I doubt two very successful teams missed on him that badly AND he couldn't find a shot at a third D1 team solely because of bad coaching and nothing else. (I believe he would have been immediately eligible at that point but who knows with the NCAA) Time will tell whether he's actually improved in that area and proving everybody wrong or if he's riding on just the offense side of the equation, but don't paint him as more than he was.
                              Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-07-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Leaman is arguably the best coach in college hockey, his teams are successful, he develops future NHL players, many of whom were initially undrafted.

Comment

Working...
                                X