Dartmouth Hockey: The Golf I Mean (Off) Season of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth Hockey: The Golf I Mean (Off) Season of 2017

Enclosed is a nice piece on Troy Crema who graduated last season (year) and arguably was the Big Green's best player. It only goes to show how difficult it is to continue to climb the hockey ladder. I thought AHL would have been the right landing spot for Crema although he did get a "cup of coffee" with Rochester Americans last season. However, I do know that he is a native Toronto (an, ian ?) and the Solar Bears are are affiliated with the Marlies...so maybe Troy just wants a shot at playing at home, who wouldn't. Regardless, congrats Troy!

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...CLID=211658891

Comment

Here is a great and heart-warming story on Devin Buffalo, projected starting goalie. Sometimes we get caught up in the hoopla of which team is winning and/or who will make it to the "Big Show" but if we all remember where we started out and came from, it will certainly give you a better prospective on life. GIVE back when the opportunity presents itself! Well done Big Buff and way to raise awareness of your Native Indian heritage!

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...CLID=211661617

Comment

Maybe you already knew this?
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
          Enclosed is a nice piece on Troy Crema who graduated last season (year) and arguably was the Big Green's best player. It only goes to show how difficult it is to continue to climb the hockey ladder. I thought AHL would have been the right landing spot for Crema although he did get a "cup of coffee" with Rochester Americans last season. However, I do know that he is a native Toronto (an, ian ?) and the Solar Bears are are affiliated with the Marlies...so maybe Troy just wants a shot at playing at home, who wouldn't. Regardless, congrats Troy!

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...CLID=211658891
          This was an interesting one, I for one thought Troy would be heading AHL this season seeing players with lesser statistics have made the jump successfully. Best wishes to Troy however, I have no doubt he will turn that ECHL stint into an AHL stint within a year IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
            This was an interesting one, I for one thought Troy would be heading AHL this season seeing players with lesser statistics have made the jump successfully. Best wishes to Troy however, I have no doubt he will turn that ECHL stint into an AHL stint within a year IMHO.
            Hey Blitz! I am right with you on this one. Like I stated, maybe Troy wanted the opportunity to eventually play at home (Toronto Marlies), AHL affiliate of the Orlando Solar Bears. Additionally, he is "true" 21/22 year old graduate so give him some games/season in ECHL to play against the big older stronger men then maybe he can prove his worth to get promoted to the Marlies

Comment

I have the advantage seeing I am from the Great White North and have watched some of these kids play since they were 8 years old. Troy was one of them, same with Corey Kalk, know both families very well and with that always try to keep tabs on things.
              Last edited by Blitz; 08-24-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I have the advantage seeing I am from the Great White North and have watched some of these kids play since they were 8 years old. Troy was one of them, same with Corey Kalk, know both families very well and with that always try to keep tabs on things.
                I agree with 100% on the kids with Corey coming back for his senior year! I have a passionate plea for you Blitz...I was the only fan posting on the Big Green last year and would wholeheartedly welcome your tidbits for seasons to come, bear minimum this season as Corey will be playing.

Comment

A couple of years ago on this forum I posted (always positive, it is my nature....lol) and a fellow on that particular thread/team slammed me for asking a question seeing I had no affiliation to their team (conference yes, team rightly so I did not) to have any reason to add to the conversation. At that point I made a decision to be like many others and just lurk in the background.

Even on my original post you will realize I edited it to remove a few paragraphs of information on the players I know on your team, lesson learned from years ago haha.

I'll continue to lurk in here from time to time same as I do with other teams, posting wise I tend to leave to another forum on Junior hockey where I am considered an old timer myself haha!.

Cheers and good luck this up-coming season.
                  Last edited by Blitz; 08-25-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

A couple of years ago on this forum I posted (always positive, it is my nature....lol) and a fellow on that particular thread/team slammed me for asking a question seeing I had no affiliation to their team (conference yes, team rightly so I did not) to have any reason to add to the conversation. At that point I made a decision to be like many others and just lurk in the background.

Even on my original post you will realize I edited it to remove a few paragraphs of information on the players I know on your team, lesson learned from years ago haha.

I'll continue to lurk in here from time to time same as I do with other teams, posting wise I tend to leave to another forum on Junior hockey where I am considered an old timer myself haha!.

Cheers and good luck this up-coming season.
                    Blitz, I appreciate your candid response; it is very unfortunate that as fan/observer, you are villified for speaking your 2 cents but I certainly understand! Moving forward, I do sincerely hope that you do "lurk" and contribute to this BIG GREEN thread as it lacks support, when appropriate for you.

Comment

ECAC Preview: #9 Dartmouth Big Green

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...big-green.html
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                        Blitz, I appreciate your candid response; it is very unfortunate that as fan/observer, you are villified for speaking your 2 cents but I certainly understand! Moving forward, I do sincerely hope that you do "lurk" and contribute to this BIG GREEN thread as it lacks support, when appropriate for you.
                        Big Green and Blitz, you are both always welcome to contribute on Bentley threads also. I am looking forward to Bentley game in Hanover on December 9th.

Comment

Be aware the time of the game has changed it has been moved to 4:00 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
                            Be aware the time of the game has changed it has been moved to 4:00 pm.
                            Good catch eddieshack23! Since the Big Green only has one game that weekend and it being at home, it might be finals week either that week or the the week after. Or they are diligently preparing for their two games with DU the following week in Denver. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Big Green and Blitz, you are both always welcome to contribute on Bentley threads also. I am looking forward to Bentley game in Hanover on December 9th.
                              Snively65, good to hear from you again! I will certainly chime in about the game on the 9th in both threads. Thanks for the invite!

Comment

Working...
                              X