bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Oskar Andren has transferred to Ferris State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
      Rumored for a while. So back to 15 F, 9 D, 3 G.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Will he have to sit out a year?
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Will he have to sit out a year?
          I don't know but I would think so. That "forced out" or whatever it was called loophole was shut down by the NCAA.

Comment

Best of luck!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

No surprise on Oskar. Not sure why he didn't get more of a chance here, because he did some decent things with the limited ice-time he got. But I ain't in the room....

Best of luck to him. #SaveFerris
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                No surprise on Oskar. Not sure why he didn't get more of a chance here, because he did some decent things with the limited ice-time he got. But I ain't in the room....

Best of luck to him. #SaveFerris
                IYR, he was added onto the roster halfway thru the 2015-16 season due to the Roberto suspension, Greer departure, and Olsson's season-ending injury all happening days apart. BU had an immediate, urgent need the 2nd half of that season that he, under the circumstances, filled pretty capably.

In looking at last season's depth chart at forward as well as this season's projected depth chart, there's too many 3rd/4th line guys on the depth chart fighting for regular playing time. An older player with Andren's skill set needs to play regularly and unfortunately I don't think that was likely to happen for him at BU the next 2 years based on the other forwards around. I also believe Andren was a non-scholarship player at BU and it's very possible Ferris St. had scholarship $ for him for his 2 remaining years of eligibility plus the opportunity to be a top-6 forward there.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  IYR, he was added onto the roster halfway thru the 2015-16 season due to the Roberto suspension, Greer departure, and Olsson's season-ending injury all happening days apart. BU had an immediate, urgent need the 2nd half of that season that he, under the circumstances, filled pretty capably.

In looking at last season's depth chart at forward as well as this season's projected depth chart, there's too many 3rd/4th line guys on the depth chart fighting for regular playing time. An older player with Andren's skill set needs to play regularly and unfortunately I don't think that was likely to happen for him at BU the next 2 years based on the other forwards around. I also believe Andren was a non-scholarship player at BU and it's very possible Ferris St. had scholarship $ for him for his 2 remaining years of eligibility plus the opportunity to be a top-6 forward there.
                  All makes sense. The only downside is having to wear Red and Yellow. Yuck.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    The only downside is having to wear Red and Yellow. Yuck.
                    There's also this...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ys-calgary.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

Stupid question here - if he was not on scholarship here, does that mean he doesn't have to sit out a year?

Comment

Predators draft picks Fabbro, Harper and Farrance joined at development camp by a fourth Terrier, free agent/freshman Hank Crone.
                        https://***********/ReddenWade/statu...87396524056576

Carpenter and Maguire at Penguins development camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Stupid question here - if he was not on scholarship here, does that mean he doesn't have to sit out a year?
                          No, if you play, you have to sit out a year. The rule is that if you either were recruited (according to NCAA's definition of "recruited"), received scholarship money, or played on a team (even if only practicing as long as you're on the roster), you have to sit out a year when transferring, unless an exception applies to you. Exceptions include grad school transfer, family hardship, discontinued academic program, etc.

Comment

Reports saying Matt O'Connor, after not receiving a qualifying offer from Ottawa, has signed with Nashville.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              Reports saying Matt O'Connor, after not receiving a qualifying offer from Ottawa, has signed with Nashville.
                              So basically Nashville and Arizona are BU Central and BU West (hey, are those still the names of the T-Stops?)
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                So basically Nashville and Arizona are BU Central and BU West (hey, are those still the names of the T-Stops?)
                                They are indeed. Someone should do a graphic for this...........

Comment

Working...
                                X