Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
    Assuming everyone else stays, it seems like the biggest concern of the team will be finding a quality scoring threat. The first 6 guys are the only players that I'd think have a chance of filling that role. (I think they'll all be solid 8-10 goal guys but I don't forsee any high end forwards on the team for next year) I also included what I think are 2nd tier guys and the last group is guys that will be fighting for time.

BEllows
    TKchuck
    carpenter
    Greenway
    Bowers
    Harper

Olsson
    Cloonan
    Curry
    Chabot

Phelps
    Crone
    Cockerhill
    McDermott
    Andren
    Personally I liked what I saw from Harper and think he could have breakout potential.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      Scorng is clearly the issue especially since you have Cloonan in group 2- no goals all year
      Hoping Crone would contribute right away
      The over/under on Olsson being hurt is Nov 1st
      Heard via some good Midwest sources that Crone, who was 4th in USHL scoring, is projected to be a very productive 4yr guy.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Heard via some good Midwest sources that Crone, who was 4th in USHL scoring, is projected to be a very productive 4yr guy.
        Yeah, I would move Crone to group 2 at least. And hoping Cockerill is also a group 2 guy as well, but hard to tell at this point.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Max Prawdzik, on "loan" to NAHL Lone Star, won his eighth playoff game (out of 10 appearances) to put the Brahmas in the Robertson Cup championships game tomorrow. He stopped 50 of 53 shots in a two-game semifinal sweep and has a 1.77 GAA and .913 save percentage in the playoffs.
          Has Max cemented his role as the real back-up for this coming season? With Lacouvee graduating early and leaving, the spot appears open.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Has Max cemented his role as the real back-up for this coming season? With Lacouvee graduating early and leaving, the spot appears open.
            That was the plan when Prawdzik elected to spend second semester playing in the NAHL, getting plenty of ice time. Seems to have been a success.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Yeah, I would move Crone to group 2 at least. And hoping Cockerill is also a group 2 guy as well, but hard to tell at this point.
            Blog contributor Neil Boudette has seen Cockerill play numerous times and likes his speed and skill. One name omitted from Mike 799's list is Ty Amonte, who is still playing with Penticton in the Fred Page Cup. If Drew Melanson is added to the roster that would make 17 forwards. Doubt we'll see that number in September.

NHL.com piece on Greenway's experience at Worlds with Team USA.
            https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/greenw...17/c-289470868
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

That was the plan when Prawdzik elected to spend second semester playing in the NAHL, getting plenty of ice time. Seems to have been a success.

Blog contributor Neil Boudette has seen Cockerill play numerous times and likes his speed and skill. One name omitted from Mike 799's list is Ty Amonte, who is still playing with Penticton in the Fred Page Cup. If Drew Melanson is added to the roster that would make 17 forwards. Doubt we'll see that number in September.

NHL.com piece on Greenway's experience at Worlds with Team USA.
              https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/greenw...17/c-289470868

according to Heisenberg's new 2018 site Amonte is listed as coming in that year
              Originally thought 2 years in BCHL

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                according to Heisenberg's new 2018 site Amonte is listed as coming in that year
                Originally thought 2 years in BCHL
                Amonte recently was drafted by the Chicago Steel of the USHL. So he might be playing another year of junior before hitting BU in 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                  Amonte recently was drafted by the Chicago Steel of the USHL. So he might be playing another year of junior before hitting BU in 2018
                  As long as we get at least one year of being able to say "Amonte from Tkachuk" again, I'm good.

I know Tkachuk is projected to be a high pick in 2018, but hopefully, he'll feel he needs at least a second year on Comm Ave.

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                    Well this will throw a major wrench in my plans to push a Sons of Krys, Tkachuk, Amonte and daughter of MacEachern with their respective dads from the 1991 team that went to the Final Four in St. Paul as the Terriers hopefully push for the 2018 Frozen Four which is in.....St. Paul.

Comment

Alarm just woke mookie up in middle of dream where bu was winning a national semi final game. Score was bu 5-2 late in the 3rd as Harper and curry were out killing a bs penalty where Patrick set up pat for an easy open net shortie. Game was in Nashville though and not St. Paul
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Alarm just woke mookie up in middle of dream where bu was winning a national semi final game. Score was bu 5-2 late in the 3rd as Harper and curry were out killing a bs penalty where Patrick set up pat for an easy open net shortie. Game was in Nashville though and not St. Paul
                        Did he score? It may have been an easy open net shortie but that's when dreams become nightmares.

Comment

Don't sell Crone short...
                          He was 4th in the USHL in scoring on a defense first team, Top ten in USHL in goals, 2nd in USHL in shots. Finished USHL with over 110 points
                          This isn't like he did that in USPHL but did so in USHL
                          Those are very good numbers and most of the top players came from there
                          He is
                          not in the "other" category or 3rd grouping

Curry for example, as an over agenr had 34 points, half what Crone did and Crone could go back for another year

He scores

Comment

Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                            Assuming everyone else stays, it seems like the biggest concern of the team will be finding a quality scoring threat. The first 6 guys are the only players that I'd think have a chance of filling that role. (I think they'll all be solid 8-10 goal guys but I don't forsee any high end forwards on the team for next year) I also included what I think are 2nd tier guys and the last group is guys that will be fighting for time.

BEllows
                            TKchuck
                            carpenter
                            Greenway
                            Bowers
                            Harper

Olsson
                            Cloonan
                            Curry
                            Chabot

Phelps
                            Crone
                            Cockerhill
                            McDermott
                            Andren
                            My guess is it currently looks something like:

Top 6 candidates: Harper, Carpenter, Greenway, Tkachuk, Bowers, Bellows, Crone
                            3rd line candidates: Olsson, Curry, Cockerill, Melanson, Amonte
                            4th line/depth: Chabot, Cloonan, Phelps, McDermott, Andren

I don't see the 1st line being as good as it was last year, but depending on how the freshmen (and Melanson) adjust to Hockey East I would expect the bottom 2 lines to be much improved from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Did he score? It may have been an easy open net shortie but that's when dreams become nightmares.
                              Just ask Patrick Stefan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBns6ZUn0U

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Yup, curry made it 5 to 2.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X