bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    LaCouvee is graduating and will be leaving BU. It is my understanding that he is looking into transferring as a graduate student for his senior year.

Sean
    Now it makes sense why he has "Trust the Process" on the back of his mask.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      Extra league games are vs UConn, Maine, Merrimack and Providence. Maine and UConn both get BU and BC, but BU and BC don't get each other.

Sean
      I wonder if this will rotate from year to year?

Comment

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        I wonder if this will rotate from year to year?
        From what I have read I believe it is supposed to be a two season schedule, just like it has been, with home games flipped for 2018-19.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Bobby Carpenter, Bobo's dad, is running today's Boston Marathon and pushing Denna Laing. They also did the LA Marathon.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Very much so. If you read Leaman's comments it seems they may be ditching the exhibition altogether:
            Nate Leaman: 'We haven't gotten a lot out of the (exhibition) game, to be honest with you.' A player has been injured in each of last 2 yrs

I like the idea of playing the U18s since it's usually a very competitive and well-played game, but the games against Canadian schools have increasingly become useless goonfetsts. Wouldn't shock me at all if NCAA schools stop playing certain CIS schools.
            bu gets ticket $$$$
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              bu gets ticket $$$$
              I wonder if it wouldn't be best to not have a game the first weekend (exhibition or otherwise, outside of Icebreaker or other season-opening tournaments) and give the team a week of practice together first.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                bu gets ticket $$$$
                Yes, BU has been pretty consistent in having 18 home games a season (usually 16 regular season and 2 exhibition games).

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Bobby Carpenter, Bobo's dad, is running today's Boston Marathon and pushing Denna Laing. They also did the LA Marathon.
                  I just saw this on Twitter. Great stuff!
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

The amount of minutes McAvoy is getting in this series is insane.

{ugh what a horrible ending to that game!}
                    Last edited by Tater; 04-17-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post

{ugh what a horrible ending to that game!}
                      I don't care how bad/stupid/ill-advised a penalty was, or whether it should've been called at all, if you get a penalty, you do your best to kill it. Bruins fans are sounding like Northeastern fans from the 2015 Beanpot. Is Ottowa's PP that amazing? I didn't think it was.

Comment

I don't care how bad/stupid/ill-advised a penalty was, or whether it should've been called at all, if you get a penalty, you do your best to kill it. Bruins fans are sounding like Northeastern fans from the 2015 Beanpot. Is Ottowa's PP that amazing? I didn't think it was.
                        Nash absolutely should've been whistled there, but it's a joke that Ryan didn't get two for contact to the head. And I'm not a Bruins fan whatsoever.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Although they were after the whistle, little glove jabs by Marc Methot went uncalled earlier in the game. And the one that was called, somehow the Bruin player got a matching penalty despite not retaliating. On the sequence in OT, you either call both or nothing at all. And really, the illegal contact by Ryan was far worse than what Nash did in response. Tough when expecting competency from an official is asking too much.

Comment

I don't get how these two opinions are mutually exclusive? Of course you would like to see them kill that off, but that doesn't mean you can't question the officiating. It was an awful call to send only Nash, especially when Karlsson hooked the heck out of Dom Moore a minute earlier and precedent was set that whistles were getting swallowed in OT. The Bruins PK was also awful last night, and probably the biggest reason why they lost the game. They did their best to kill off the OT penalty, but it's tough when you have put Tommy Cross out in that situation; a situation that was created by Tim Peel.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              I don't get how these two opinions are mutually exclusive? Of course you would like to see them kill that off, but that doesn't mean you can't question the officiating. It was an awful call to send only Nash, especially when Karlsson hooked the heck out of Dom Moore a minute earlier and precedent was set that whistles were getting swallowed in OT. The Bruins PK was also awful last night, and probably the biggest reason why they lost the game. They did their best to kill off the OT penalty, but it's tough when you have put Tommy Cross out in that situation; a situation that was created by Tim Peel.
                              Agree about Cross but to be fair, in that specific instance, it was a bad change. He didn't even get out there until the two forwards were both past him. The mistake was Moore chasing Karlsson behind the net, taking himself completely out of the play. He couldn't catch him if they skated for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                Of course you can question the officiating but you can't say that's why you lost. The Bruins lost because they didn't kill a penalty. BU lost to Duluth because they couldn't kill the 29th penalty. And Northeastern lost the Beanpot final in 2015, not because of a questionable call, but because they couldn't kill the penalty as a result of the questionable call.

Comment

Working...
                                X