Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
    In other Jordan Greenway news....

He has been one of the first 15 named to the USA National Team competing in the IIHF World Championship. Only 2 other current college players on the team.

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=695820
    I would hope Keller and Eichel will also be playing on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Good news on Greenway. Can we bring Mike Grier in to teach him how to park in front of the net and gobble up rebounds?

BU Hockey: The Past, Present, and Future
      Greenway can only dream about having the hands Grier had he was like butter. Still in my top 5 BU players of all time going back to '72

Comment

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Charlie's the next PK Subban! (I love the media in this town.)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/br...W6L/story.html
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
          Greenway can only dream about having the hands Grier had he was like butter. Still in my top 5 BU players of all time going back to '72
          True that, but still. He's gotta use is size more to his advantage.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

The danger with Greenway being selected is that it makes him a prime candidate for the US Olympic team next year. While it has not been determined how the team will
            be selected one would think European players. college players and AHL ( if NHL permits) would be strong candidates.
            BU has others who would be in danger including Hickey
            Projections on next year need to await this process as the second semester would be lost for those players

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
              The danger with Greenway being selected is that it makes him a prime candidate for the US Olympic team next year. While it has not been determined how the team will
              be selected one would think European players. college players and AHL ( if NHL permits) would be strong candidates.
              BU has others who would be in danger including Hickey
              Projections on next year need to await this process as the second semester would be lost for those players
              College players getting selected for Olympic teams is a great point that I hadn't considered. Thinking about it, Team Finland could potentially seriously wreck shop on BC.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Well, Fluto IS a BU guy

Surprised he didn't call him the next Bobby Orr

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  I would hope Keller and Eichel will also be playing on the team.
                  I'm pretty sure that Eichel will not be playing, because he/the Sabres don't want him to. They don't want to risk injury and have him miss a chunk of another season.

I don't know about Keller. Very possible. But the fact that he wasn't already named makes me wonder if he turned it down.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Mazz was trying to popularize the phrase "I've got a chummy for Charlie" on the Sports Hub yesterday.

I am a little concerned that expectations have gone from low to astronomical in one night.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Was fascinating watching mcavoy last night because i don't know how you could have predicted him playing 24 minutes and playing so well. I didn't see every BU game but i never saw that performance coming. Was he fully invested at BU? Guys around him couldn't keep up? Have no idea but **** he was impressive.
                      I think Billy Jaffe hit it on the head when he said that keeping it simple was the key. Not trying to do too much. Just doing the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I think Billy Jaffe hit it on the head when he said that keeping it simple was the key. Not trying to do too much. Just doing the basics.
                        And when he strayed from that at BU was when he got himself into sticky situations. Holding the puck too long at the point on the PP, carrying it into the zone too far and getting caught below the dots with no good options, etc. It goes without saying the Bruins have far better personnel around him than he ever would have at BU so he can stick to playing simple hockey and channeling his focus on the simple plays, but it would've been nice to see him and/or the coaching staff reign him in a bit more.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          As Yaz used to say, "just trying to go with the pitch, trying to hit it up the middle, not trying to hit everything out".
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Was fascinating watching mcavoy last night because i don't know how you could have predicted him playing 24 minutes and playing so well. I didn't see every BU game but i never saw that performance coming. Was he fully invested at BU? Guys around him couldn't keep up? Have no idea but **** he was impressive.
                            I think it speaks to Quinn's lack of coaching ability vs his stellar recruiting. Too many guys didn't develop or went backwards this year (JFK, Greenway, etc).
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by BU Ken View Post
                              Any Idea what the OOC schedule will look like next year ? going by the last couple of years - Seems like the Denver and Michigan trips this year were return trips for home games in 2015-16, as were the home games versus Harvard/Yale and QPAC .

Besides Cornell @ MSG , any idea what the OOC opponents will be... H VS Colgate ? @ Sacred Heart ?
                              Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Denver comes here for one, we don't play at Sacred Heart, we go to QU, I heard over the weekend in Chicago Mankato comes here for two (we're there in 18-19) and there's either two games @ASU or we're playing in the Desert Hockey Classic out there. There was talk in the schedules thread of a BU-Penn State series, but I haven't heard that elsewhere. The games above plus RHH and Beanpot total nine.
                              Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                              I heard @ Union is the 10th non-conference game. Open the regular season there.
                              Dosent ND leave Hockey East next year? So wouldn't that likely be two less conference games? So possibly 14 OOC games?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Dosent ND leave Hockey East next year? So wouldn't that likely be two less conference games? So possibly 14 OOC games?
                                No, they're moving to an unbalanced conference schedule that I think includes one or two more conference games than previous.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X