Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Head says Denver/UMD in the final, with Denver winning.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Stupid Norte Dame is going to keep ticket prices up

I was really hoping to get in the door for under $50 for both games...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

It's Denver's to lose. That being said, Go Crimson
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        It's Denver's to lose. That being said, Go Crimson
        I have a hunch that Harvard comes out of this with the title. #3 overall seeded teams have done very well in the NCAA Tournament since conference realignment going a collective 13-1. Absent one of the most colossal goaltending miscues in recent college hockey history, and that number could have been 14-0.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Have you been to a Frozen Four lately? It's been like the Super Bowl for years now. You don't need diehard fans at the elite "events." Everyone comes out of the woodwork. Prices will be high no matter who is there because all the tickets are sold in advance. Many buy them just to resell them.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Have you been to a Frozen Four lately? It's been like the Super Bowl for years now. You don't need diehard fans at the elite "events." Everyone comes out of the woodwork. Prices will be high no matter who is there because all the tickets are sold in advance. Many buy them just to resell them.
            Agreed. Selling the tickets so far in advance simply puts them in the hands of those who wish to make a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Maybe if you wait until the last minute in the street for one of the balacony seats if you're lucky. I remember in Columbus, people couldn't give them away but now in big cities it is different and what teams are in it.

Just to buy 2 seats for all sessions cost about $600.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                Maybe if you wait until the last minute in the street for one of the balacony seats if you're lucky. I remember in Columbus, people couldn't give them away but now in big cities it is different and what teams are in it.

Just to buy 2 seats for all sessions cost about $600.
                The problem when it was in Columbus they had it on Ohio State's campus and there were no supporting amenities close by.
                If they had it downtown in the Blue Jackets arena you would have all the restaurants, bars and hotels you could want within an easy walk of it.
                Columbus should throw their hat in the ring to host it there, people wouldn't be disappointed.

Comment

Denver beats Harvard for the title

Comment

Can't wait! I'm still going with my pick at the start, DU over UMD
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

So after a discussion with some tUMD fans, I thought I'd throw in some helpful hints (or not so helpful) being someone who lives in the Chicagoland area.

There isn't sh** near the United Center. No bars, no restaurants, nothing but parking lots. And bad decisions to the west of the UC. Also, there are NO "L" stops for the United Center. So your options are to either drive, or take the bus. Good news is the CTA L service and the CTA buses take the same transit passes.

Hotels are cheaper in the suburbs. You can take the Metra in from the suburbs, but you're at the mercy of the train schedule and some lines don't have runs after 11pm or 12am, Personally, I find it's easier to park at the park and ride Blue Line stops of Rosemont, Cumberland, or Forest Park and take the L into the loop. Personal preference for the Rosemont or Cumberland stops. And the Blue Line is 24 service to O'Hare.

There are the typical touristy things to do at Millennium Park, the river boat tour, and along the north Loop. Less touristy things to do if you venture a bit further north toward Wrigleyville to partake in some of the breweries and food around Wrigleyville. The Cubs are out of town so no complete reenactments of Ferris Bueller's Day Off are possible.

Some links for perusal:
                      Some top local breweries: https://www.timeout.com/chicago/bars...cago-breweries
                      Jepson's Malort: https://www.thrillist.com/drink/chic...illist-chicago
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Denver over ND: 5-2
                        Harvard over Duluth: 4-2
                        Denver over Harvard: 3-1

Comment

Unfortunately will cheer on Harvard in this FF. Gonna be an offensive display . that's for sure. Hoping for a Harvard ND final, but Denver is too strong. Harvard in a 4-2 upset of Denver.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Denver beats Harvard for the title
                            That's what I chose for my bracket in the www.pickemhockey.com/ contest. Unfortunately, a few too many other misses for me to be in the running. Amazingly, of 7,869 total entries, JUST THREE VERY SMART (or lucky?) GUYS have them all right going into the Frozen Four.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Hahvahd ovuh Duluth
                              Denvuh ovuh Notre Dame

Hahvahd ovuh Denvuh in a bahn burnuh.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                              X