Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Had I applied and gotten into Meechigan years ago, my dad would have been over the farking moon. Love to hate 'em all you want, it's a Grade AAA institution.

Now he has a Nimitz-class bug up his *** about them know-it-all Ann Arbor libruls sterilizing the deer and not letting REAL MURICAN HUNTERS descend on the Diag with 30.06's.

(And I've never been to a third world country, but I lived in Saginaw which is a reasonable facsimile.)
    I'm in a third world country as we speak right this second and it's a lot better than Saginaw.

My son says I take this way too personally. but I can't help it. I had hope... for a while there.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

And now George Sipple of the Free Press is saying a source says there'll be a press conference tomorrow.

Bummer!

Comment

Well, we're publishing that Mel will leave. Sufficient information:
        https://t.co/foKiw09jGq
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
          And now George Sipple of the Free Press is saying a source says there'll be a press conference tomorrow.

Bummer!
          In one respect, this is a good thing because it didn't drag out...by them wrapping this up for tomorrow, it gives MTU to a chance to get their stuff figured out much earlier than when they hired Mel. Sad to see him go, but very thankful this isn't dragging out.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            WXYZ is reporting it as well.
            I have to say I'm bitterly disappointed. And that's an understatement.
            if its Muckalt than that means it's just a stepping stone again and we can look forward to another change in 3 or 4 years.
            If someone like Muckalt is the guy and puts up results like Pearson, why would you care if Tech is a stepping stone?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Loyalty is dead. Michigan fans will argue that he's "their" man because he coached there for over 2 decades prior, and there's some truth to that. However, the next coach should be the best guy they can get with the resources we have available, period. I never again want to hear talk about how, "He's gotta be an alum". If it is an alum, fine, but no matter what he says in public, don't expect that to mean a bigger name program isn't going to send a Brinks truck stuffed with cash to lure him away when he's successful. Everyone has a price.
              I read everything he said as coach speak...it sucks, but that is the way of the world...the big one to me that stuck out was "But Michigan is Michigan" that was the one that got me worried through all the positive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                the truth would be nice. I get that it's done, I just don't like it done the way it is. And I don't like being led on like a lamb to slaughter. And fade is completely right. The debate ought to be what do we have to do to get to point that we don't have this happen any more. It's a real problem that has to be confronted. the University did everything in their power to keep him, yet he left anyway. and now I have to live with all these smug michigan alums
                well first, lets be honest, MTU will never get there unless they're in a premier league, which the WCHA currently is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                  You're taking my post wrong, I wasn't complaining about Mel, just trying to put a silver lining on a new coach search.
                  Many great accompaniments. Mel & Chris Bergeron both took over tough situations and built their programs step by step and with the support of fans alumni & donors have invested in the game and in their communities.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Press conference Monday in Ann Arbor.

Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Michigan Tech's Mel Pearson to be named new Michigan hockey coach

http://on.freep.com/2pbxkZb
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I want to see a 2 week process with 3 finalists. I do not want Muckalt to be anointed without a national search.

Mike Guentzel comes to mind as a Mel like hire, go get him Tech! If he shows interest.
                      Ron Rolston, Davis Payne, Greg Brown, Ben Barr will hopefully apply.

Go Tech!

Comment

The only thing I appreciate about this situation, is that we know now.

In no way, am I wishing Mel luck. Michigan doesn't need luck.

Not sure I'm interested in Rolston, or that he is interested in the NCAA ranks. It's been a long-arse time since he was directly involved with the college game.

Comment

Mike Guentzel would be a Mel-like hire because he'd be gone faster than the ink could dry on Don Lucia's retirement papers. He's not the coach you're looking for.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Mike Guentzel would be a Mel-like hire because he'd be gone faster than the ink could dry on Don Lucia's retirement papers. He's not the coach you're looking for.
                            Him and G Money. Take your pick.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The only thing I appreciate about this situation, is that we know now.

In no way, am I wishing Mel luck. Michigan doesn't need luck.

Not sure I'm interested in Rolston, or that he is interested in the NCAA ranks. It's been a long-arse time since he was directly involved with the college game.
                              He coached the US Junior team up until 2011 when he went on his journey to become an NHL head coach. A few familiar names on his last team.
                              http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.p...1&status=stats
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Much as I would accuse you of trying to steer us clear of Mike, I would agree. He's a Goofer, through and through, and tDon is not that far out from retirement.

Comment

Working...
                                X