Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
    If he is indeed gone. Will Mel schedule us 1 for 1's?
    If you're going to send a letter or email to Mel when he does officially depart, it would be a great idea to include this request, however I question how much coaches have a say in NC scheduling.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Cannot argue with things to do, but a smelly, dirty stinkhole does not qualify with the beautiful suburbs listed.
      To each his own, but I will take over 100 towns in Michigan over Ann Arbor any day of the week.

The only time I visit is when Tech is at Yost.
      Completely agree with you, Ann Arbor isn't even close to the best city in the state, let alone the country. I'd take pretty much any city on the Lake Michigan coast over Ann Arbor.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Let's be real, no one will compare to Mel, but we have to give the new coach support, if this happens.
        I just hope we can retain all the recruits.
        I'll agree that no one will compare to Mel in fan engagement and interaction and involvement with the community, he has been excellent at that. As for coaching, there are a lot of very good coaches out there, I think Mel is definitely up there, but there are others just as good, the big issue is identifying the next Mel and having it be someone who would want to come to Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          Pick your heads up! Despite what many of you think he wasn't the best college coach ever. NMU had nearly 70 applicants and ended up with what appears to be a winner. You obviously never know but if MTU doesn't rush to make a decision and does their due dilagence they should be able to find a BETTER coach.
          Shhh! You say that in Houghton, and your home might be the recipient of a Molotov cocktail.

I know this is a big deal, and I agree that I am also disappointed. However, with the same resources at our disposal, how hard could it be to reel in good coach as his replacement? Some will say that those resources only existed because Mel was hired, but if Suzanne really is a good AD, then that is nonsense.

Comment

• There are 2 cities in that list of 25
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

World class city, you have got to be joking.
              Ann Arbor is a Midwest haven for Northwestern/U Chicago/Kenyon rejects, idiotic Bernie Bros, and other pretentious, upper-middle class turds who wouldn't be caught dead in a third-world country, and think "world class" means overpriced condos, no/expensive parking, and mediocre ethnic food. In fact, New York, Chicago, and even Madison, do "pretentious hipster ******" far better than Ann Arbor ever will.

Comment

Ann Arbor is a whore.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Cannot argue with things to do, but a smelly, dirty stinkhole does not qualify with the beautiful suburbs listed.
                  To each his own, but I will take over 100 towns in Michigan over Ann Arbor any day of the week. The only time I visit is when Tech is at Yost.
                  Remember Mel chose to live in Saline. Should tell you enough right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                    Based on reading your posts over the years I'm convinced the Tech could go undefeated and win the NC and you would still be unhappy because their power play wasn't 100% and/or their scoring margin wasn't high enough.

Do you ever get tired of being such a negative Nancy?
                    How many "Big Games" had they won in the previous 20 years? Some are never happy!
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      How many "Big Games" had they won in the previous 20 years? Some are never happy!
                      You're taking my post wrong, I wasn't complaining about Mel, just trying to put a silver lining on a new coach search.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Remember Mel chose to live in Saline. Should tell you enough right there.
                        It tells you that housing is really, really expensive in Ann Arbor and that, absent the kind of money that an assistant at Michigan did not make, getting a house of decent size is kind of a challenge. In that area of "Saline" you're perhaps 10-15 minutes from Yost, you have a much nicer place, and you're basically still right there.
                        Jesus Saves

Comment

Hey, I know I'm just dumping on UM/AA. Doesn't make the stereotypes any less true, or fun.

Comment

This is all well and good, but what's the word out of the paint store?
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                              This is all well and good, but what's the word out of the paint store?
                              This is why we love you.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Ann Arbor is a Midwest haven for Northwestern/U Chicago/Kenyon rejects, idiotic Bernie Bros, and other pretentious, upper-middle class turds who wouldn't be caught dead in a third-world country, and think "world class" means overpriced condos, no/expensive parking, and mediocre ethnic food. In fact, New York, Chicago, and even Madison, do "pretentious hipster ******" far better than Ann Arbor ever will.
                                Had I applied and gotten into Meechigan years ago, my dad would have been over the farking moon. Love to hate 'em all you want, it's a Grade AAA institution.

Now he has a Nimitz-class bug up his *** about them know-it-all Ann Arbor libruls sterilizing the deer and not letting REAL MURICAN HUNTERS descend on the Diag with 30.06's.

(And I've never been to a third world country, but I lived in Saginaw which is a reasonable facsimile.)
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X