Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

https://twitter.com/avisholkoff/stat...27938886815745
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• I repeat wait for an official announcement

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Another takeaway, Mel has obviously done a huge amount to get Tech back to relevancy, no one can argue that, and he had a lot of success, but there's a few areas we can improve. Only twice since he's been here have we been able to win a "big game", the 2012 GLI and the Broadmoor this year, we've lost GLI games, the 2015 Broadmoor, both tournament appearances, maybe the next guy will get us over that big game barrier, some wishful thinking.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
          What exactly was he supposed to say?

"yeah guys I'm just hanging out up here until the old man at Michigan retires, and then I'm gonna take that job because it's better and in a world class city"?
          World class city, you have got to be joking.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            Another takeaway, Mel has obviously done a huge amount to get Tech back to relevancy, no one can argue that, and he had a lot of success, but there's a few areas we can improve. Only twice since he's been here have we been able to win a "big game", the 2012 GLI and the Broadmoor this year, we've lost GLI games, the 2015 Broadmoor, both tournament appearances, maybe the next guy will get us over that big game barrier, some wishful thinking.
            Based on reading your posts over the years I'm convinced the Tech could go undefeated and win the NC and you would still be unhappy because their power play wasn't 100% and/or their scoring margin wasn't high enough.

Do you ever get tired of being such a negative Nancy?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              Haha! I unfortunately live in AA, maybe some people like it, but I by no means consider it a world class city.

Comment

Let's be real, no one will compare to Mel, but we have to give the new coach support, if this happens.
                I just hope we can retain all the recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                  Based on reading your posts over the years I'm convinced the Tech could go undefeated and win the NC and you would still be unhappy because their power play wasn't 100% and/or their scoring margin wasn't high enough.

Do you ever get tired of being such a negative Nancy?
                  Lol, how is this being negative. I'm trying to look at a bright side if he leaves. If he stays I'll be completely happy with it, just pointing out something a new coach could do
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/...city_to_l.html
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Looks flawed some of those are suburbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

America isn't the world.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          America isn't the world.
                          Wouldn't the best city in the best country qualify as world class?
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Let's be real, no one will compare to Mel, but we have to give the new coach support, if this happens.
                            I just hope we can retain all the recruits.
                            You can stop sipping his Kool-aid now; he's gone! He did a lot for the program but I am not convinced he was a great coach. There are better and if MTU remains committed to the program the trajectory should continue upward.

I repeat, he is gone. No "official" announcement required.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                              World class cities are centers of commerce and tourism. Ann Arbor is neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                                Cannot argue with things to do, but a smelly, dirty stinkhole does not qualify with the beautiful suburbs listed.
                                To each his own, but I will take over 100 towns in Michigan over Ann Arbor any day of the week.

The only time I visit is when Tech is at Yost.

Comment

Working...
                                X