Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by UP-Power View Post
    It's a fact of life. What do you expect people to say....
    the truth would be nice. I get that it's done, I just don't like it done the way it is. And I don't like being led on like a lamb to slaughter. And fade is completely right. The debate ought to be what do we have to do to get to point that we don't have this happen any more. It's a real problem that has to be confronted. the University did everything in their power to keep him, yet he left anyway. and now I have to live with all these smug michigan alums
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Loyalty is dead. Michigan fans will argue that he's "their" man because he coached there for over 2 decades prior, and there's some truth to that. However, the next coach should be the best guy they can get with the resources we have available, period. I never again want to hear talk about how, "He's gotta be an alum". If it is an alum, fine, but no matter what he says in public, don't expect that to mean a bigger name program isn't going to send a Brinks truck stuffed with cash to lure him away when he's successful. Everyone has a price.
      At lest wait for an official announcement

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        The debate ought to be what do we have to do to get to point that we don't have this happen any more.
        – Grow the Houghton/Hancock area by a couple hundred thousand people.
        – Grow the university to 20,000+ students with an even m/f ratio.
        – Increase average temperatures by 5–10°F and decrease annual snowfall by 100".

Comment

Onward and upward!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

If he is indeed gone. Will Mel schedule us 1 for 1's?

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              #3 is most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                you have to ask yourself. If we can't keep someone with the ties to the university he had, who continually promised he wasn't going anywhere, and who kept talking about how he loved it here and how great it was and how important the local community was, well how are we going to keep anyone. I doubt I'll trust anything any follow on coach says ever again. I guess I was a babe in the woods about it but I believed all the inferences and talk.
                though I have to say, many of my friends from down state have been saying since the day he got hired it was only until Red retired.
                I don't ever recall him saying once that he wasn't going to leave... let alone "continually promising" that he wasn't going to go anywhere.
                Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                  Let's all be sure to include that request in the thank-you emails we send to him, if the rumor turns out to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                    I don't ever recall him saying once that he wasn't going to leave... let alone "continually promising" that he wasn't going to go anywhere.
                    This is true, he never promised to stay.
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      And add about 95,000 seats to your football stadium and $100 million to your athletic budget. Mel has never been dishonest. He has never said he'd never leave. He has been most gracious in his comments about the community which he has represented with class and grace and has helped to put this hockey program back where it belongs. A tap of the stick to Mel for what he's accomplished!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        you have to ask yourself. If we can't keep someone with the ties to the university he had, who continually promised he wasn't going anywhere, and who kept talking about how he loved it here and how great it was and how important the local community was, well how are we going to keep anyone. I doubt I'll trust anything any follow on coach says ever again. I guess I was a babe in the woods about it but I believed all the inferences and talk.
                        though I have to say, many of my friends from down state have been saying since the day he got hired it was only until Red retired.
                        What exactly was he supposed to say?

"yeah guys I'm just hanging out up here until the old man at Michigan retires, and then I'm gonna take that job because it's better and in a world class city"?
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Pick your heads up! Despite what many of you think he wasn't the best college coach ever. NMU had nearly 70 applicants and ended up with what appears to be a winner. You obviously never know but if MTU doesn't rush to make a decision and does their due dilagence they should be able to find a BETTER coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                            Maybe they can negotiate that in the buyout. There is a $50,000 difference in the buyout prior to 5/16/2017 and after.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                              Pick your heads up! Despite what many of you think he wasn't the best college coach ever. NMU had nearly 70 applicants and ended up with what appears to be a winner. You obviously never know but if MTU doesn't rush to make a decision and does their due dilagence they should be able to find a BETTER coach.

RPI had 170 applicants

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post

And no disrespect to Northern, but at this point in time MTU should be the more desirable job of the two, they've put more money into the program and paid their coach better and have had more success the last few years. Even 7 years ago though that before would have tipped to NMU, but after Jamie Tech seemed get serious. Hopefully that stays and we do get a great coach.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X