Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    A frickin piper saratoga! they can't do better than that.! seriously. I can drive as fast as that plane flies!
    that airplane is owned by a cleaning company from Florida. Jenny D Palacios Pacheco is the principal.
    Haha, the guy doesn't like to fly. Why would he step foot in a puddle jumper like that?

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

That plane was barely on the ground for an hour.

Comment

Look at the bright side - our "scraps" aren't good enough for U of M, so he won't be taking any recruits with him!

Comment

Also, seriously. Don't play the plane game. It looks ridiculous. Gopher fans did it with Pitino and Shaka Smart when their basketball team fired their coach the last few times. They were wrong every time. Don't be like Gopher Hole.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
              Hopefully Mel didn't sign a contract. Maybe he gave them a verbal and when he comes to his senses he will change his mind.
              He has unfinished business here to take care of.
              Remember we had to ask him twice to come here when he took the head coach position.
              The previous AD here had a ridiculous policy that head coaches he hired had to have head coaching experience. Mel left here after the first season that AD was apart of.

The women's basketball coach here makes more than Red Berenson did. I'm guessing Mel will have a higher salary than she does.

Kim Barnes Arico earned $360,000 and Red made $254,000 this season.
              Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 04-23-2017, 08:20 PM.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Since his "Michigan is Michigan" comment I've assumed he is gone. It sucks but hopefully the commitment to hockey doesn't waiver and we will land a solid coach and continue to grow the program.

However, I think everybody should expect a drop-off next year regardless of who the coach is based on the players we lost this off-season. I fear if there is a new head coach and a drop-off people will be calling for his head after the first season.

Comment

So this is what that whole "cucked" thing is about. I totally get it now.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                    Since his "Michigan is Michigan" comment I've assumed he is gone. It sucks but hopefully the commitment to hockey doesn't waiver and we will land a solid coach and continue to grow the program.

However, I think everybody should expect a drop-off next year regardless of who the coach is based on the players we lost this off-season. I fear if there is a new head coach and a drop-off people will be calling for his head after the first season.
                    you have to ask yourself. If we can't keep someone with the ties to the university he had, who continually promised he wasn't going anywhere, and who kept talking about how he loved it here and how great it was and how important the local community was, well how are we going to keep anyone. I doubt I'll trust anything any follow on coach says ever again. I guess I was a babe in the woods about it but I believed all the inferences and talk.
                    though I have to say, many of my friends from down state have been saying since the day he got hired it was only until Red retired.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      you have to ask yourself. If we can't keep someone with the ties to the university he had, who continually promised he wasn't going anywhere, and who kept talking about how he loved it here and how great it was and how important the local community was, well how are we going to keep anyone. I doubt I'll trust anything any follow on coach says ever again. I guess I was a babe in the woods about it but I believed all the inferences and talk.
                      though I have to say, many of my friends from down state have been saying since the day he got hired it was only until Red retired.
                      It's like you read my mind with this.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Look at the bright side - our "scraps" aren't good enough for U of M, so he won't be taking any recruits with him!
                        Who does / did tech have coming in? They have LARGE skates to fill.

Comment

Loyalty is dead. Michigan fans will argue that he's "their" man because he coached there for over 2 decades prior, and there's some truth to that. However, the next coach should be the best guy they can get with the resources we have available, period. I never again want to hear talk about how, "He's gotta be an alum". If it is an alum, fine, but no matter what he says in public, don't expect that to mean a bigger name program isn't going to send a Brinks truck stuffed with cash to lure him away when he's successful. Everyone has a price.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            It's a fact of life. What do you expect people to say....

Comment

I take it with a grain of salt, yes he is an alum, but he spent 23 years in AA. I think it's foolish to discount that. I don't recall him promising he wasn't going anywhere and I don't believe he was lying when he said how much he loved it here and how great it was and how important the local community was, but at the end of the day business is business. I'm sorry but when your coach gets tabbed for one of the top 5 programs in the country more times than no they are going to go. Don't tell me Bergeron or Hastings wouldn't jump given the opportunity to coach a top program like Michigan (regardless of the distaste you might have for them).

Comment

• Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post

I agree, even if Pearson was the coach next yr,this past years team would be hard to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X