Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Anyone hear what Shane Hanna's doing? Of all our graduating seniors, I thought he'd be the first one to sign a contract in the AHL, particularly after the big OT goal. He was arguably the best defenseman in the WCHA.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
      Anyone hear what Shane Hanna's doing? Of all our graduating seniors, I thought he'd be the first one to sign a contract in the AHL, particularly after the big OT goal. He was arguably the best defenseman in the WCHA.
      maybe he didn't get the offer he wanted to start his career this season and decided to finish his degree...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader
        I doubt we wil hear anything until after the ACHA convention on the 26th weekend. Crossing fingers and toes until then.
        We're talking about two different things...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          We're talking about two different things...
          Sorry it serves me right for being a bit distracted.

But a couple of things. I think Michigan is going to take it's time. They'll get the list down to 4 or 5 and interview a second time and then decide. I don't think it will be in a week. So at least until after the coaches convention and I bet another week or two after that.
          I also think this cloud of uncertainty has been hurting Mtu recruiting for a year or so.And no one has mentioned Newell Brown but he is a great coach and might make a good coach for them.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Sorry it serves me right for being a bit distracted.

But a couple of things. I think Michigan is going to take it's time. They'll get the list down to 4 or 5 and interview a second time and then decide. I don't think it will be in a week. So at least until after the coaches convention and I bet another week or two after that.
            I also think this cloud of uncertainty has been hurting Mtu recruiting for a year or so.And no one has mentioned Newell Brown but he is a great coach and might make a good coach for them.
            That cloud of uncertainty feeling makes sense. I still feel the recruiting looks pretty strong regardless. If we can weather the storm and keep tMel, I think the sky is the limit. At that point it would be hard to argue against him staying and making a full career out of MTU and MTU only.
            In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

I'd be of the opinion that Newell is a non-starter. He's a Spartan, and they've drawn that line this time.

I'm starting to think this is down to two schools and two coaches - Mel and Bill Muckalt. If Michigan decides to go with Billy, Mel stays at Tech and everyone is happy. If Mel decides to go to AA, then Tech can go after Billy and bring back a hot young coach. Lots of positives for Huskies fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                I'd be of the opinion that Newell is a non-starter. H2e's a Spartan, and they've drawn that line this time.

I'm starting to think this is down to two schools and two coaches - Mel and Bill Muckalt. If Michigan decides to go with Billy, Mel stays at Tech and everyone is happy. If Mel decides to go to AA, then Tech can go after Billy and bring back a hot young coach. Lots of positives for Huskies fans.
                How about the name damon whitten to take over when Mel leaves. What was tri city, last place in the conference, 3rd to last in the whole ushl...

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  Not that long ago you said Mel wasn't going anywhere. I thought you knew what was up. You usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by UP-Power View Post
                    How about the name damon whitten to take over when Mel leaves. What was tri city, last place in the conference, 3rd to last in the whole ushl...
                    Billy also won the USHL title last season...

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      I'd be of the opinion that Newell is a non-starter. He's a Spartan, and they've drawn that line this time.

I think Michigan is going to try to get Leaman.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Billy also won the USHL title last season...
                        Great spread, first to last in one yr....not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by UP-Power View Post
                          Great spread, first to last in one yr....not bad.
                          And then you lose a lot of veteran players and have to start over. You committ to your young guys and get them experience.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I think Michigan is going to try to get Leaman.
                            I don't think that has a snowballs chance in hell. He's making a lot of money in Providence, so it;s not a big raise, he's recruited int he east vs the mid west and west. I don't think he would be a good fit, and the system he plays is pretty defensive, not the wide open up and down hockey that Michigan fans are used to. Now if you said, Chris Bergeron, or even Blaisi, it might be different. I don't see Scott Sandelin leaving Duluth either and his name was mentioned, but who knows.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              And then you lose a lot of veteran players and have to start over. You committ to your young guys and get them experience.
                              So you are saying these veterans were drafted/chosen by the previous staff? He just came into a good team? Now in his second year he tanked without those veterans? Just saying...

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                Not that long ago you said Mel wasn't going anywhere. I thought you knew what was up. You usually do.
                                I still think he isn't going. But if he does, that's a pretty good scenario if it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X